Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2008, 07:37 PM

48,142 posts, read 22,010,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Elston, I am sure your DP loves all of your wonderful dishes! I know I do just by reading about them!
Everyone here knows how I brag about what wonderful neighbors I have---so lucky! Well they brought me back a huge bad of two kinds of apples--freshly picked--green and red! They are just beautiful and so juicy and crisp! Nothing like tree ripened! They also brought me a head of freshly picked cabbage that is huge...way more then two of us can eat in one or two meals. So I'm going to try the stuffed cabbage leaves this week. Those I can freeze plus we can enjoy a couple of meals with cabbage as a side! How sweet of them! Now to figure out how to use up those apples before they go bad!! I've already gotten some good ideas right here and any more are welcome. Also do I soften the cabbage leaves a bit before trying to make the cabbage rolls? Should I stuff the cabbage rolls with the same thing I put in the bell peppers??? I'm so open for ideas here!
Cabbage leaves....yes soften them a few mins in boiling water and then cut the thickest part of the vein out of them....

Stuffing probably could be the same as for peppers it is basically rice and cooked beef and salt and pepper and chopped onion...

Old 10-19-2008, 07:38 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,061,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiegee40 View Post
Yeah....got my new modum and I'm am back on-line. I had to go back 5 pages to catch up on everything. How can everyone type so much when they are eating such good food?
My thoughts exactly! I have been caught up lately in family stuff and household/yard chores the size of K2 and, well.... just too tired to type much! Good to see you are all eating well and then burning off the calories at the keyboard!!

Tonight - beef ribs seared and bbq sauce-braised w/baked potatoes, carrots and green beans.

Tomorrow - have pork tenderloins and no idea what to do with them, thinking something Asian with broccoli and rice....

Goodnight all, sleep well

Old 10-19-2008, 07:40 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,946,128 times
Tomorrow the BF gets home! Yeah! Besides my currently baking German chocolate cake with coconut pecan frosting, I am thinking of either doing a beef stew or pot roast in the slow cooker or chicken and dumplings......

Old 10-19-2008, 07:46 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,061,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
Tomorrow the BF gets home! Yeah! Besides my currently baking German chocolate cake with coconut pecan frosting, I am thinking of either doing a beef stew or pot roast in the slow cooker or chicken and dumplings......
Hope he is OK after the long and emotional trip The stew and cake will warm his sad heart for sure!!! best wishes to BF .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Cyn - Crazy's right. Also sauteed cabbage/omioms/apples/allspice.
Am I hearing spiced Red cabbage and apple????

That is my all-time fave Christmas/Thanksgiving side dish...long-slow-cooked red cabbage, onions, apple, red wine vinegar, spices, sugar etc etc. I could eat that all year round!

Old 10-19-2008, 08:36 PM

849 posts, read 1,953,358 times
Debsim, I'm gonna be making some tacos this week. With the sauce!
Tonight, I made bowtie pasta with spicy creamy tomato sauce with smoked sausage, mushrooms, onions and peppers. Served with salad and cheese stuffed bread. It was quick and pretty good. Even my 17-year old changeling ,who doesn't usually eat pasta, actually liked it. Brownies for desert.

Old 10-19-2008, 08:38 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,741,430 times
Hi everyone,

I don't always cook but I try, now that fall is here, on weekends. So I made pork tenderloin chops, fresh broccoli cooked in butter and garlic and boxed au gratin potatoes. Choc. chip cookies with tea afterwards.

Old 10-19-2008, 09:24 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,153,651 times
Busy Sunday on here and for me too... I saved leftovers from last night. So hub had fried pork chops, Country gravy, potato pancakes, and toast topped with a fried egg for breakfast... Dinner I made my son pancakes with powdered sugar. Cool trick here is I make the whole batch of cakes and freeze what does not get eaten. When we want a quick breakfast pop (wrap in damp paper towel) those in the microwave 30 secs and breakfast is served.

Mom add diced apple to tuna. Mix with celery, mayo, pine nuts, s&p top w/ sprouts. Makes a great tuna salad sandwich Remember?
Last year at Thanks giving I cored the top of apples. I stuffed them with butter, brown sugar, and cinnimon. Baked till tender. Some people don't like cranberry sauce. Miss mom's home made. So good! Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Old 10-19-2008, 09:26 PM

2,410 posts, read 6,005,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by molochai2580 View Post
Last night was baked pork chops, rice and peas. I'm not sure what I'll make for tonight though.

Couldn't decide on what to pull out of the freezer so we are having one of those new Bertolli oven baked meals.

Old 10-19-2008, 09:37 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,871,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by molochai2580 View Post
Couldn't decide on what to pull out of the freezer so we are having one of those new Bertolli oven baked meals.
They are so good... and quick and easy!!!! good choice...

Amber those apples sound delicious! I could sooooo go for something sweet right now (passed on the birthday cake and I wished I had some)...

Old 10-19-2008, 09:43 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,153,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkzone View Post
Debsim, I'm gonna be making some tacos this week. With the sauce!
Tonight, I made bowtie pasta with spicy creamy tomato sauce with smoked sausage, mushrooms, onions and peppers. Served with salad and cheese stuffed bread. It was quick and pretty good. Even my 17-year old changeling ,who doesn't usually eat pasta, actually liked it. Brownies for desert.

I could not rep you but you have my compliments on something that sounds mouth watering any certain recipe for this sauce?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink