Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2008, 08:51 PM

3,273 posts, read 2,970,670 times

Advertisements

I marinated a piece of salmon in teriyaki. It came out delicious!

Old 10-17-2008, 08:51 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,872,241 times
I am so glad I read Kats post because I loaded up tonight... Must have been Sushi night according to CD! Had some FAB sushi too... loved it... and finished it up with some amazing tempura fried cheesecake slices that were garnished with even more amazing tempura fried oreos drenched in EVEN MORE AMAZING hazelnut chocolate sauce! My Mom Guilt has been Hazelnut washed away Happy Me

Old 10-17-2008, 09:24 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,153,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Hey amber--Sadie thanks you, I thank you and PaPa thanks you! You are the best daughter ever!!
I'm taking the peaches out of the cobbler and serving them with whipped cream. Doing the best I can with a bad situation! The dough just didn't cook throughly. Hopefully the peaches will taste ok with just the whipping cream! The rest of our dinner smells great!
After dinner and clean up I am going to bed! A long day and I really am looking forward to getting a good nights sleep. Thanks all for all the great posts and good feelings!

Your welcome Mom. These nuts should last a while or at least till pecans come a knocking NC. ha ha I can only hope I love you.

Old 10-18-2008, 05:07 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,319,742 times
Mornin' all! Guess this economy is hitting everyone to some degree...sigh....
Hope it turns around soon! I'm not holding my breath. But for us here, well we'll just keep doing what we do best--cooking (at least most of us can cook---I'm doing better! Ha!) Last nights dinner was a good comfort food dinner and the peaches were just ok. I don't know what I did wrong, maybe lacey is right about the canned filling but I think I'll leave that desert to the pros! To early to figure out dinner just yet so I'll check in a bit later and report on that! Have a great Saturday everyone!!!

Old 10-18-2008, 05:11 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,319,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiLover View Post
I marinated a piece of salmon in teriyaki. It came out delicious!
Welcome and thanks for sharing! This is a great group of fun people here so keep coming back! You will be happy you did. So many wonderful dinner ideas and recipes you will no longer wonder "what" to make for dinner!! Your dinner sounds so good, yum!

Old 10-18-2008, 06:03 AM

48,149 posts, read 22,013,215 times
Sometimes it is hard to limit yourself to one meal I have a piece of roast pork that is destined to become a shepherds pie, but I also have a defrosted piece of salmon and of haddock that need to be cooked today....so that will be supper.....probably with Teriaki marinade like you did....(mine will be courtesy of Kikoman) maybe the shepherds pie will go in the freezer after I make it.

As our hostess and greeter, Cynwldkat, says, "Welcome and dont be a stranger".

Old 10-18-2008, 06:17 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Morning all.

Kats-glad hubby's on the mend-ornery's a good sign.

Cyn that good be the trick in the cobbler as the juices are thicker in the can.

MWBW-so sorry-that is an emotional roller coaster to be on.

Tonight stuffed red peppers! Mashed for Mr. L, salad for me.

Old 10-18-2008, 06:22 AM

48,149 posts, read 22,013,215 times
On another blog that I go to a person in france was extolling the virtues of a french provencal dish known as "Daube"; it sounds like a perfect comfort food....so I am thinking of trying it the next time I am thinking comfort, warmth and fresh produce. Have any of you made it? Here is a recipe I found on line......altho my original source said, don't believe them about red wine....in france it is ALWAYS white for this dish. Beef Daube Provençal Recipe - Pasta - MyRecipes.com

Old 10-18-2008, 06:26 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,435,845 times
Last night I made breaded turkey cutlets.
I seasoned them with pepper and salt, pounded them to equal thickness, dipped them in egg and breaded them with panko.
I then fried them up in a mix of olive oil, very little butter, fresh rosemary and garlic.
I served it with Parmesan noodles, and a fresh tossed salad.

It turned out delicious !

Tonight I am making BBQ pork spare ribs, with a loaded baked potato and fresh veggies.

I am spoiling my husband, before I have to out of town for a week, and he has to fend for himself....LOL

Old 10-18-2008, 06:29 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,872,241 times
It is cold today.... feels like the end of November here. I have a bridal shower to get to today and I think Hubby has some plans outside for the kids... might be making soup in the crockpot to cook while I am out of the house so everyone can warm the cold bones through the day.... hope everyone has a good one...sounds like I need to do some serious catching up on here.... life has gotten so busy and this thread goes so FAST.......zooooooooom.... if you don't read fast you miss a ton....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink