Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2009, 12:06 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,848,116 times

Advertisements

Oh Southdown-we will miss you terribly while you go on your adventure. Please don't forget us we will be awaiting your return with open arms.

The stress of moving and packing is hugs and piled on not feeling well.

Prayers and thoughts for a safe trip.

Old 01-31-2009, 12:08 PM

4,537 posts, read 9,188,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southdown View Post
Just popped in to say goodbye for a while - I am going to miss you guys but just can't keep up with the thread, sadly too much stuff to do with our imminent return to UK and I'm stressed to the max, feeling ill and very tired.... but it's only temporary! All will be over and back to 'normal' in a couple of months ...
Best wishes for a trouble free trip. Please let us know how you're doing as soon as you can.

Old 01-31-2009, 12:22 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,184,960 times
Quote:
Just popped in to say goodbye for a while - I am going to miss you guys but just can't keep up with the thread, sadly too much stuff to do with our imminent return to UK and I'm stressed to the max, feeling ill and very tired.... but it's only temporary! All will be over and back to 'normal' in a couple of months... I hope!

So hopefully I'll catch up with you all then. Take care

Hope the weekend is going well for all
Bummer southdown but totally understand your agenda is more important. I will keep you in prayers for safe travel, good eats and hearing from you on the other side!

Old 01-31-2009, 12:39 PM

849 posts, read 1,952,678 times
Just made chicken tikka masala for lunch along with jasmine rice. DD said she needed some naan to go with, so sent her to an oriental store to buy some. Lucky for us, we have a pretty big oriental market 1/2 mile from our house.

DD, the youngest boy and I had enjoyed our lunch. DH does not like Indian foods, so he made himself a sandwich. He doesn't know what he's missing!

Old 01-31-2009, 12:57 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,058,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Oh Southdown-we will miss you terribly while you go on your adventure. Please don't forget us we will be awaiting your return with open arms.

The stress of moving and packing is hugs and piled on not feeling well.

Prayers and thoughts for a safe trip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet walker View Post
Best wishes for a trouble free trip. Please let us know how you're doing as soon as you can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Bummer southdown but totally understand your agenda is more important. I will keep you in prayers for safe travel, good eats and hearing from you on the other side!
Aw thanks guys! Getting on this thread is always like coming home - relaxing, warm and welcoming... but not a luxury I am allowed until I have done all the other jobs! And everything to do with organizing one's life these days is done on the computer - hubby has now finished work so we are almost down to one laptop now and limited on how much we can do and share! Not fair!

But such is life.... I will drop in whenever I can and say hi, hopefully with some fun news!

At the moment my dinners are far too dull to report anyway!

Lots of love to you all xxx

Old 01-31-2009, 01:24 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
DH wants to know....If it's snowbird season, how come we can't shoot 'em???

You can if you have a SnowBird Stamp on your license but the bag limit's so low you'll never make a dent in their invasion

Old 01-31-2009, 01:32 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,661,952 times
Homemade vegetable soup.

Old 01-31-2009, 02:14 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,153,217 times
SouthDown I am gonna MISS you!!

Old 01-31-2009, 03:31 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,389,075 times
Hi all. I'm just checking in. Our grandson's visit went really well. I asked him if his mother warned(threatened) him to be good. He said yes. He was very well behaved and we had a good time. Even so my hubby and I are such babies that we(and the dog) had to take a nap to recover.

Dinner tonight is leftover Chicken Parmesan and garlic bread.

Old 01-31-2009, 04:32 PM

849 posts, read 1,952,678 times
Quote:
Just popped in to say goodbye for a while - I am going to miss you guys but just can't keep up with the thread, sadly too much stuff to do with our imminent return to UK and I'm stressed to the max, feeling ill and very tired.... but it's only temporary! All will be over and back to 'normal' in a couple of months... I hope!

So hopefully I'll catch up with you all then. Take care

Hope the weekend is going well for all
I want you to know that you will be MISSED! Take good care of yourself and come back soon!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink