Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2009, 11:07 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,871,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
We're at 21 and it's a wet cold-yuk-the kind that hurts.

SKBS-Check YoungLisa's thread about recalls on food-your Luna bars are on there.

Jaxson yes do something out of the norm-easy, special treat just for you.

Welcome back Kats!!!!!!!! You were missed. How about meatloaf-comfort food.

Selling-ain't for sissies in this market! LOL.
I know My fav's are on there... I chucked the ones that are on the list and have only been buying the ones that are safe.... I am so bummed. My other fave- the peppermint stick one is still ok to eat.... so I am at least happy about that.... THANKS for looking out for me Lacey I do love my Lunas.....

Old 02-07-2009, 11:14 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,249,488 times
Happy Saturday Everyone! I think the cold may be almost gone. Been eating a whole lot of hm turkey & chicken soup. I have a 6 qt. pot of gravy (sp. sauce) simmering on the stove right now with pork & beef meatballs, Italian sausage & pork bracoile. So it will probably be cheese Ravioli tonight, Garlic bread & antipasto tonight. I made meat & cheese lasagna yesterday for friends and made a platter for us, so that will be the menu for Sunday's dinner.

skbs: I can't wait for our Farmer's Market to open up, those were great deals you got.

kats: welcome back, I am sure you had a wonderful time at the lake.

Have a nice afternoon everyone.

Old 02-07-2009, 11:18 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,871,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
Happy Saturday Everyone! I think the cold may be almost gone. Been eating a whole lot of hm turkey & chicken soup. I have a 6 qt. pot of gravy (sp. sauce) simmering on the stove right now with pork & beef meatballs, Italian sausage & pork bracoile. So it will probably be cheese Ravioli tonight, Garlic bread & antipasto tonight. I made meat & cheese lasagna yesterday for friends and made a platter for us, so that will be the menu for Sunday's dinner.

skbs: I can't wait for our Farmer's Market to open up, those were great deals you got.

kats: welcome back, I am sure you had a wonderful time at the lake.

Have a nice afternoon everyone.
Kelsie, heading outside today made Diva and me feel so much better... the fresh air did us wonders! We are tired now... but man it was so nice to get out of the stuffy house and breath that clean air finally. I better than I have in a long time..... even if it is just mental... I DON'T CARE... LOL... I'll Take it!

Old 02-07-2009, 11:33 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,616,968 times
I see two small steak thawing in the fridge....I going to meddle in the plan for steak tacos...Soft shell ones...Still need the steak sliced super thin in bit size pieces...Bite size would be to big..And then a steak pizza would be good to...We shall see how much influence I have....

Old 02-07-2009, 11:34 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Whoo-hoo just got a call-my gown is in and I go Monday to try it on and Tues evening if alterations needed. I am sooooooooooo excited right now.

Old 02-07-2009, 11:55 AM

13,003 posts, read 1,019,723 times
Well, I have a house full of 8th graders...so...What's for dinner? Nothing healthy...I bet.

Old 02-07-2009, 11:55 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,337,594 times
Wow, it feels like summer here, too - about 48 degrees, sunny and gorgeous! The huge mounds of snow have begun to dwindle, and they're in their ugly state, all black and lumpy with the dirt that emerges as the snow melts. I don't mind, though, because that means that the thaw is finally approaching.

Saw all sorts of folks out walking around today, not surprisingly, and an amazing number of them were wearing shorts. After the bitter cold we've had in recent weeks, I guess 48 feels like a real heat wave. Didn't actually see anyone out sunning themselves yet, but then aside from sidewalks, roads and driveways, most horizontal surfaces outdoors are still covered with snow.

We went to our Farmers' Market this morning too, the first time in close to a month, and came home with about 30 lbs of meat for the freezer. Our market here is a year-round one, they just move it indoors between early November and late April. The winter markets are always much smaller, of course, and most of what's available is meat, cheese, apples, root vegetables, honey, maple syrup and baked goods, but we still try to get there at least once or twice a month. There's just nothing to compare to the meat we get from our favorite farmer family there.

We've got symphony tonight, so supper will likely be downtown somewhere before the concert. I'm lobbying for Mexican but could be convinced otherwise if the spouse has strong feelings about it. We'll see.

And while I'd love to stay and chat, I really need to spend a few hours at the office yet this afternoon working on income statements. So have a great Saturday, all, enjoy the sunny warmth if you've got it, and have a great supper.

Old 02-07-2009, 11:58 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
MWBW 48 that's great. We're damp and cold.

Hudson,WI is having a hot air balloon fest today-hope they have good weather.

Old 02-07-2009, 12:06 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,401,990 times
48° feels like summer, mwbw? Egads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
Happy Saturday! I got about 12 hours of sleep last night and I've stopped sneezing.....so feeling better
Yes, sleep is good medicine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
Dinner tonight is something easy with ground beef. Suggestions are appreciated!
My 2cts and worth about as much

Shepherd's pie

Homemade manwichs (sp?)

or what I was contemplating for tonight, homemade beef pizza where you stir the sauce into the ground beef instead of just laying it on top. That's they way we've done it since I was a kid. Guess it was my mom's idea.

Old 02-07-2009, 12:07 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,249,488 times
That is so exciting Lacey, what color is your gown? The big day is sneaking up really fast.

It is 63 here now according to the weather channel, tomorrow 70. It's been up and down here all week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink