Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2009, 12:11 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,867,167 times

Advertisements

MWBW... today I wanted to take my coat off and put some shorts on! LOL... I was so tempted! LOL... funny how warm 48 can feel after you have been sitting below 30 for so long and shivering..... I am so happy to see the temp so high today. My dog is psyched too and driving me crazy - he is going out every five seconds.....

Kelsie- you are so lucky to have temps like that.... we will be dipping back down into the 30s tomorrow.... so this is a tease here in Rochester.....

Old 02-07-2009, 12:30 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,304,113 times
Yes, Kelsie and I are getting a taste of spring this week I think! My neighbors are out preparing their veggie garden!! My DH is getting anxious to get his going too but first we have to put up the dog run because the area we want for our garden is where the dog goes out to play!! I take the dog for a walk two times a day so he can survive with a little smaller play area! We have already seen several neighbors starting up their gardens!! We'd better hurry up!!

Old 02-07-2009, 12:43 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,847,106 times
Cyn last year you were doing your rose planting! I'm jealous.

Kelsie-dress is mocha.

Old 02-07-2009, 12:50 PM

Looks like I'll be doing a lot more rose planting this year too. Got the rest of the boarder of the house ready---well almost--DH has to rototille again and then I need to put in the rose bushes. Somewhere around 20 more bushes. Probably in another month or so. Hubby will probably do the veggie garden while I do the rose garden! As much as I think it sounds like so much work I always enjoy it while I'm doing it. Plus I can hardly wait to be eating fresh veggies again from DH's veggie garden!! Yummy!!

Old 02-07-2009, 01:27 PM

190 posts, read 542,868 times
Good afternoon everyone!! OMG it is 71 degreees here! It was just too pretty to stay in, so I got into my big boot and got outside for an hour or so. I am trying to build some of the muscle back on the calf. I planted so pansies I had bought b4 my accident, and it was to finally get them in the ground.
I have no idea what to do for dinner tonight. Maybe some fillet mignon (got the whole fillet on sale and cut the steaks myself) fixed up with sme tasty sides.

Monica

Old 02-07-2009, 01:27 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,259,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
[Hey, I think I finally figured out that "multi-quote" function that y'all have been using all this time!! Or at least we'll see if I did when I hit the submit-reply button in a moment.]

For those of you interested in last night's chicken paprikash, here it is, from Mr. BookWorm emailed to me to pass on to all of you:

Quick and Easy Chicken Paprikash for 2

2 boneless chicken breasts
2 Tbs. Olive Oil
2 C (1/2 lb) sliced mushrooms
1/2 C chopped Onions
1 clove Garlic, minced
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 C chicken broth
1 Tbs. Sweet Hungarian Paprika
1 tsp Half-Sharp Paprika*
1 C Sour Cream

Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Heat oil in saute pan, add chicken and saute for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and onions. Saute another 5 minutes or until onions are translucent. Add garlic, salt, pepper and chicken broth. Bring broth to boil, then reduce heat. Allow to simmer until liquid is reduced by half. Add Paprika and sour cream. Heat until bubbling but don't cook over-long.
Serve over noodles.

* If you don't have half-sharp paprika, substitute 1 tsp of sweet paprika and 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper. Penzey's has a great half-sharp paprika, if you shop there, otherwise, substitute this mixture.

This was seriously scrumptious stuff, folks, and the leftovers made a fabulous lunch today. I don't know if our friend Steve Bagu would consider it authentic, but authentic or not, it's really, really good.
That sounds SOOOOO good! Congrats on figuring out the multi quote. We would have helped you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I copied and pasted that wonderful recipe NWBW---thank you so much. It looks wonderful!
Ohhh, I am so happy to hear it's not against the rule SMG to post under the influence-----anything after 4-5 in the afternoon and I'm enjoying a nice glass of wine!! It helps me to cook dinner! Ha!
Guess our Sunday dinners are going to be probably a couple times a month to start with. I'm fine with that. This weekend my son and my grandaughter are going to a father daughter dance--she is 5 years old! I think that is so cool. Her school is putting it on. How cute!! That's on Sat. and then Sun she has to go to a BD party for a friend. We'll get it going and do it as often as we can!!
Still not at all sure what dinner will be tonight. Will post that later.
Father/daughter dance......how cool is that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Whoo-hoo just got a call-my gown is in and I go Monday to try it on and Tues evening if alterations needed. I am sooooooooooo excited right now.
Ooooo, Lacey! Pictures! We want pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Cyn last year you were doing your rose planting! I'm jealous.

Kelsie-dress is mocha.
WHat a great color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Looks like I'll be doing a lot more rose planting this year too. Got the rest of the boarder of the house ready---well almost--DH has to rototille again and then I need to put in the rose bushes. Somewhere around 20 more bushes. Probably in another month or so. Hubby will probably do the veggie garden while I do the rose garden! As much as I think it sounds like so much work I always enjoy it while I'm doing it. Plus I can hardly wait to be eating fresh veggies again from DH's veggie garden!! Yummy!!
Oh, fresh veggies out of your own garden... how I miss that! And 20 MORE rose bushes??? HOw many do you have???

Well, we took out a whole chicken, cut it into big pieces and seasoned it, then surrounded the pcs. w/red skinned potatoes which had been tossed in olive oil and Lawry's seasoned salt. Steamed fresh asparagus and some leftover corn, along with a nice fresh sliced tomato and pickles. Pull up a chair and join us!

Old 02-07-2009, 01:30 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,498,398 times
I am off to Target now... might pick up a few things for MY garden!

We are going to have hamburgers for dinner, I will try to convince DH to fire up the grill. It's about 65 today, but gray and gloomy.

Old 02-07-2009, 01:49 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,847,106 times
I'm so jealous with all the warm temps. But May will come here-LOL.

Love chicken like that NMS. Perfect comfort food.

Mr. L just doesn't get my excitement. Have my shoes, purse, nail polish, jewelry-I'm ready!!! All he has to do is get measured for his tux.

Old 02-07-2009, 02:05 PM

Well that is ok Lacey---I totally get your excitement over this whole thing! I think it's great it is all finally coming together for you! You are going to be beautiful!!

NMS, well last year I planted 9 rose bushes and over 200 glad bulbs. Then I decided I preferred the roses over the blubs--they last all summer, so I dug up all the bulbs to give to my friend and started getting the ground ready for more rose bushes for this year. I want the whole front of my house to have rose bushes this year!!

Old 02-07-2009, 02:11 PM

3,459 posts, read 5,792,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
Saw all sorts of folks out walking around today, not surprisingly, and an amazing number of them were wearing shorts. After the bitter cold we've had in recent weeks, I guess 48 feels like a real heat wave. Didn't actually see anyone out sunning themselves yet, but then aside from sidewalks, roads and driveways, most horizontal surfaces outdoors are still covered with snow.
I was just outside in a t-shirt enjoying the nice weather and scraping ice off the driveway. Its in the mid 30s here, and it feels great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink