Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2009, 06:12 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times

Advertisements

Sounds like everyone is up and going already. A big congratualtions Lacey and Mr. L on a wonderful marriage and a big Happy Birthday to Mr. L!!! Sounds like a party week for you guys!!
Since the weather is so perfect I think I will tackle the windows today. At least the cleaner won't freeze on the windows like it would have last week! Ha! And it would be nice to be able to actually see out!
Not sure about dinner tongiht but I think it will include some fresh cauliflower as I don't want it to go bad and it's been in the fridge for a few days now. So now to figure out the rest of dinner....hmmmmm

Old 02-08-2009, 07:12 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,394,464 times
Good morning all. My husband hated the batter dipped and oven fried chicken last night. Think he'll take me out because I am such a bad cook? So I won't be making that again. He doesn't like to try anything new. I should know better. Tonight grilled steak as long as the wind dies down. We had over 50MPH winds here last night and it is still very windy.

Jaxson- It sounds like you had a wonderful well deserved night. I don't even have a bath tub. A hot tub outside would be awesome but it uses too much electric.

Lacey- How will you cook the Lobster Tails? Are they frozen? I haven't seen fresh lobster tails in a long time. Sounds delicious. Happy 41st Anniversary on Tuesday. You look fantastic. My DH says once you hit 50 you start to go backward in age. Oh no he's going to catch up to me soon. Happy Birthday to Mr. L.

Kats- Thanks for the recipe.

Amber- OMG, that is sinful. I love truffles. Then again I love anything chocolate. Bad, very bad.

MBW- It sounds like you had a wonderful evening. Good for you. Don't you love taking something out of the dryer and putting it right on when you are cold. I used to throw my blanket in the dryer at night to get it hot right before bed in the winter. Ah, nothing like wrapping yourself up in something toasty.

skbs-It sounds like you had a fun time. Now I'll have to see what that movie is about. Of course I'll wait for DVD. My husband will watch a chick flick with me occasionally because he loves me.

cw- Congratulations on your chili. Woo hoo.

cyn- I am glad your weather is perfect. I don't know what happened here in the Mountains. I need to clean and disinfect the germs out of the house today. Yum, cauliflower. I love it with cheese sauce. They used to make those packets of cheese that you cooked with water for sauce. Kind of like the gravy packets. They were pretty good. Haven't seen them in years.

Old 02-08-2009, 07:24 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
YLisa-they're frozen and 8oz, reduced by $10 this week. I may steam them.

Old 02-08-2009, 07:26 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
<ssssllluurrppp>

Yes, that was me drooling on the keyboard again, reading Amber's truffle recipe. My goodness, girl, where do you find things like that?? They'd never actually get to the point of getting rolled in the cocoa or chopped nuts in this house; we'd likely wind up eating the ganache with a spoon!

Had a fine, solid, filling supper tonight at Casa de Lara downtown, a chicken enchilada with a small piece of grilled beef alongside, refried beans and their excellent Spanish rice, all washed down with an ice-cold Tecate with salt and lime. Wonderful stuff, and stuffed is what I was when we waddled back up State Street to the Overture Center for the symphony.

And the symphony.... oh, my the symphony! They did an all-Beethoven concert, which could only be surpassed in my mind by an all-Mozart or an all-Bach concert, and they played some of my very favorites: Leonore Overture #3, the third piano concerto (Olga Kern as soloist - brilliant!) and the seventh symphony. It was simply glorious. The brass wasn't quite up to the challenge of the final movement of the symphony, and the dynamics of the largo movement were a bit uneven, but it is unquestionably my favorite concert of the season thus far.

And now I'm waiting for the dryer to buzz, so I can get into my clean nightgown and toddle off to bed. Lots yet on tap tomorrow, and I'd like to get a good sleep before tackling it. G'night, all.
Have you cleaned up your keyboard yet???

That concert sounds wonderful. Wish I could have gone with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I'm getting some lobsters and mussels for next weekend for my Valentine...haven't decided what else to have with them yet.
My chili won third place at the Chili cookoff last night. Who'd a thunk?
Way to go!

Don't know about dinner yet. It probably won't be a big deal since DH is at his Sunday haunt and will probably not be hungry when he gets home.

Old 02-08-2009, 07:55 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
I just took out some chicken thighs/legs and am going to bake them tonight with mashed potatoes and fresh cauliflower with cheese sauce.

Old 02-08-2009, 07:56 AM

52,688 posts, read 47,955,803 times
Default The Agenda - February 8 - 14

I'm getting my crockpot out again. So, this week's selections will include my exclusive homemade chili. It's my desire to perfect what will become my own recipe, so this is the time. I'll be having chili and cornbread for supper this evening, and I will keep you posted on how it turns out. Other than that, my other meals will likely include pork chops and some Tyson chicken wings. Later in the week, I will unveil what Market Street takeout dish I'll be getting, as they have some great choices.

By the way, Valentine's Day is next Saturday, so if you've got special dinner plans with your significant other, obviously, you'll want to let us know.

Have yourselves a great week at the dinner table, and bon appetit!

Old 02-08-2009, 08:13 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
February, NJ, Mid 50s

Dinner's gonna be secondary, time to get outside and enjoy the daY!

Old 02-08-2009, 08:14 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,944,844 times
We celebrated Valentine's last night and went to a new neighborhood "green" restaurant that features local, sustainable goodies. We shared 4 small plates: seared scallops with an awesome fennel-onion-apple? slaw, steamed mussels with a coconut curry broth, eggplant bruschetta, and gnocchi with this wonderful tomato ragu and wilted spinach. All delicious.

Then we went and saw Gran Torino. Clint Eastwood rocks. skbs....I want to see that movie with my girls too. I actually own the book and had to read it over and over in my "single" days.

Tonight boyfriend is making a pork loin roast with a homemade marinade he'll whip up and roasted veggies. I might make some stuffing too.

Old 02-08-2009, 08:44 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
HG I'd call that a pre-Valentine's weekend!!!

Burdell-I'm green with envy.

Old 02-08-2009, 08:50 AM

849 posts, read 1,953,007 times
Happy birthday to Mr. L!

skbs, glad to hear you had fun with your friends. There's nothing like good girl friends!

HighlandsGal, Sounds like a cool restaurant.

Lisa, my DH hates batter dipped fried chicken, too. He only likes it when I make fried chicken soaked in batter milk then dusted with seasoned flour.

MBW, What a wonderful night you had. Thanks for the rep, your beef stroganoff recipe is a winner!

gentlearts, congrats on your chilli!

Amber, my DH would love your truffle.

Tonight, steak, baked potatoes, sauteed spinach and mushrooms to make my hubby happy, After Monday, I'll be trying to use up left over roast and ham.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink