Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2008, 12:56 PM

321 posts, read 920,772 times

Advertisements

T-bone steaks with a spicy garlic rub, green salad and fried potatoes with onions. Our Mennonite neighbors just dropped off some fresh strawberries so I think I'll soak them in a little Chambord and serve over vanilla ice cream.

Ah...I do love summer!

Old 06-12-2008, 01:38 PM

601 posts, read 1,904,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtohouston View Post
Afternoon all, boy my grocery bill this summer is going to be huge having all my boys home everyday. They are eating everything that is not nailed down. Lunch today will be meatloaf with veggie on side. Dinner tonight will be something with pork. Not sure what yet. Maybe pork steaks and scalloped potatoes? Not sure, maybe baked pork chops.
Sounds like the cupboard may become alittle empty sooner but the heart
will be full!!!!

Old 06-12-2008, 01:53 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,944,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenbacismama View Post
The bleu cheese potato salad sounds VERY interesting. Can you share the recipe?
I'll ask Albertson's to share!! It seemed like it had potato, green onion, bacon, bleu cheese, red onion, and some sour cream. Maybe a few shreds of cheddar cheese. At any rate, it was delicious and different and now it is gone!

Old 06-12-2008, 01:56 PM

8,893 posts, read 4,543,526 times
Good afternoon all, anyone have any quick and easy ideas for chicken breasts?

Old 06-12-2008, 01:57 PM

Tonight we are doing a chicken stir fry -- with snow peas, water chesnuts, edamame, broccoli, carrots, and mushrooms and served over brown rice.

Old 06-12-2008, 01:58 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,160,105 times
Hey guys!

I read 7 pages........

Cyn- CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU AND YOUR SON & FAMILY!!!

Elston - rice cookers.....Costco has some nice ones but they're big - like 10 cups.
Cuisinart makes a small one. Real cute. Square.
I have two of the big ones from Costco (don't ask me why) and a small 4 cup one that I got at Walmart for about $20. They work fine. And I rinse the heck out of the rice too.

It is going to pour, POUR, POUR here in a minute. I'm back at work and have a feeling I'll be stuck here for a while now.

MM (Diana)....you're a good woman MM! Not going out on your anniversary?????

OH...electric vs. gas stoves. We have electric. My BF keeps saying he's going to switch to gas (so we'll have to get a gas line installed and all that). He hates electric stoves. I couldn't care less. I can't cook on either.

I have no idea what would be for dinner tonight.

Old 06-12-2008, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise in Fla View Post
Good afternoon all, anyone have any quick and easy ideas for chicken breasts?
This is really good:

Take the chicken breast and season with taco seasoning or cumin, chile powder, garlic, etc.

grill the breasts and when almost done, top with guacomole, a little onion, jalapenos, tomatoes (if you dare ), and then melt some pepper jack cheese (or whatever) on the top. Serve with some black beans, refried beans, or Spanish rice.

Old 06-12-2008, 02:04 PM

Blue Cheese Potato Salad - Allrecipes

Here's a sample of one found on allrecipes.com

Old 06-12-2008, 02:58 PM

8,893 posts, read 4,543,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
This is really good:

Take the chicken breast and season with taco seasoning or cumin, chile powder, garlic, etc.

grill the breasts and when almost done, top with guacomole, a little onion, jalapenos, tomatoes (if you dare ), and then melt some pepper jack cheese (or whatever) on the top. Serve with some black beans, refried beans, or Spanish rice.
Sounds soo good but unfortunately I don't have some of the ingredients on hand. I am going to save this recipie for another time, thanks!

Old 06-12-2008, 03:01 PM

48,133 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
This is really good:

Somehow the guacomole being on the chicken long enough to melt cheese....just doesnt sound right to me. I would put the cold guacomole on top when I plated it.....or serve it and sour cream on the side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink