Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2008, 02:46 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times

Advertisements

Poor thing-wish I could help. Will you be able to go out?

Last edited by LaceyEx; 11-18-2008 at 03:18 PM..

Old 11-18-2008, 02:49 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,870,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Poor thing-wish I could help. Will you be ale to go out?
LOL three inches is nothin'.... I laugh at snow! HAHAHA No seriously, it is not serisous.... it was a soft fall through the day but people forgot how to drive and the leaves were not picked up yet.... so that added to the troubles.... but we are fine... Rochester does a great job with snow. Salt trucks and plows have been out all day. Not a big deal.... the roads will be like when most other places a nice hard rain storm is all.... nothing major.... This is easy for us. It is when we have WHITE OUT conditions where we THINK about maybe not going out.... LOL....

Old 11-18-2008, 02:53 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,946,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
LOL It is lookin' like it's pushin' three here.... and no sign of stoppin'..... really, anyone feel like boxin' up some sunshine... slappin' a bow on it.... sendin' it my way.....?????
As in two or three FEET??

You are gonna hate me but it is 80 and sunny here in Denver today. Normal high is 50. Don't worry though -- high of 37 on Thursday. Weather changes so fast here!

Still don't know what's up with dinner. We have to run around gathering a paper trail for the mortgage and insurance people.

Old 11-18-2008, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
As in two or three FEET??

You are gonna hate me but it is 80 and sunny here in Denver today. Normal high is 50. Don't worry though -- high of 37 on Thursday. Weather changes so fast here!

Still don't know what's up with dinner. We have to run around gathering a paper trail for the mortgage and insurance people.
nononono INCHES LOL...... OMG can you imagine.... Please, don't even JINX me! Oh Boy! ANd I know, my one friend in Denver who wants me to move keeps telling me how wonderful it is right now.... I know..... well, you can go ahead and box it up for me then....LOL

Old 11-18-2008, 02:56 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
That's why I asked because some parts have 2 feet.

Old 11-18-2008, 02:59 PM

3,451 posts, read 7,055,848 times
I have no idea what dinner will be tonight...but all this talk about snow is making me think of grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. Seems to have been a childhood favorite in my family whenever it would snow.

Kats, hope your husband has a great birthday!

Hope everybody is having a good afternoon!

Old 11-18-2008, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
That's why I asked because some parts have 2 feet.
Well, anything can happen.... snow is here at least until Sat.....but then set to start back up again on Monday.... so.... I am not sayin' a word.... don't want to jinx myself..... Alright off to dinner.......

Old 11-18-2008, 03:13 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,400,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
We are going to a jazz concert this evening and when we come home we are going to boil a couple of lobsters......I think I will bake a couple of sweet potatoes as a side....but not much more.....DP will have some wakame miso soup.
Wow, I want to come to your house. I haven't had lobster in forever. Are they fresh? Oh never mind that will just make me cry. Enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
LOL We have ours now! I was born on the First Day of the Blizzard of '77.... so every phone call I get from every older relative today they are threatening me that I better not be bringing another blizzard to town today.... I swear they blame me for that blizzard.... They tell me every year "IT STARTED TO SNOW THE DAY YOU WERE BORN AND DIDNT STOP ALL WINTER LONG"..... I hear it every year.... well, we have had a doozy today and guess what I am hearin' about? LOL..... it better NOT snow every day from here on out... I will just cry ...... alrighty... Hubby is on his way home.... everyone's dinner's sound so good... and Elston.... I really wouldn't mind being adopted either Catch up with you all tomorrow....... Thanks again for the great bday wishes.........
I remember that blizzard. I was in NY and having a great time being off from school and building snow igloo's. Have fun tonight and stay safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebette View Post
Hubby just said he wants waffles with bacon for dinner!! hmmm....that makes 3 days in the past week that we've had breakfast for dinner!! Maybe I should start serving him 'dinner for breakfast'???
I love it when my hubby wants breakfast for dinner. It's so easy and really hard to goof up.

Old 11-18-2008, 03:15 PM

79 posts, read 319,863 times
Cool out today down here and gonna get cooler. Should have made a big soup but we had leftover ham and I chopped up some potatoes to make homeade french fries to go with the leftover ham.

Old 11-18-2008, 03:36 PM

48,138 posts, read 22,007,656 times
Young Lisa asked if my lobsters are fresh.... .....My DP went down to the pier this morning to get them....they are fresh and sassy.....Lobsters have to be kept live and these are kept in circulating tanks with sea water.....fresh as a sea breeze and salt spray!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink