Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2008, 11:19 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,319,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
BF brought home a small container of (I think Blue Diamond??) wasabi and soy almonds -- now those are tasty and addictive!!

Work is dragging today....I want to go home
Yes, it is Blue Diamond and they are very addictive. I cannot eat just a couple.

Old 11-19-2008, 11:19 AM

4,604 posts, read 5,778,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
BF brought home a small container of (I think Blue Diamond??) wasabi and soy almonds -- now those are tasty and addictive!!

Work is dragging today....I want to go home
Those almonds are to die for!! Wonder what we could cook with them?

Old 11-19-2008, 11:27 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Now they're on my shopping list!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-19-2008, 11:46 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,627,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Somebody check Debsi-she must have a fever!!!!!!

Say-where's Noma?
My house was only 2° warmer than Cyn's dog house. Therefore I too action and stayed under the quilt. Finally I upped the heat to 69° and can now use the keyboard. I'm going back to the quilt shortly. At this time I'm not sure about dinner. Depends on what time the wife get's home. There is one chicken breast that still needs to be used soon. Maybe the yellow rice dinner tonight. I'm not speculating on anything yet. One a side note my wife has been a pediatric nurse before. skbs your little diva is a long way from pro. 13 year old boys can put her little act to shame. It's when they make a fist and want to fight the docs get involved and the docs win. It becomes a very humbling experience for a 13 year old being subdued by 3 docs & 4 nurses while another nurse takes her sweet time finding the spot for the injection while mom is lecturing as to what is going to happen when dad gets home. I do have a bag of axillary heat today. Jalapeno kettle chips hard at work.

Old 11-19-2008, 11:57 AM

8,893 posts, read 4,544,696 times
Afternoon all, have to go to a stocking stuffer get-together early tonight so am making a quick sauce for spaghetti tonight. I had some Italian bread in the freezer so will make some garlic bread, oh soooo many carbs tonight, lol.

Old 11-19-2008, 12:11 PM

2,489 posts, read 7,213,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
My house was only 2° warmer than Cyn's dog house. Therefore I too action and stayed under the quilt. Finally I upped the heat to 69° and can now use the keyboard. I'm going back to the quilt shortly. At this time I'm not sure about dinner. Depends on what time the wife get's home. There is one chicken breast that still needs to be used soon. Maybe the yellow rice dinner tonight. I'm not speculating on anything yet. One a side note my wife has been a pediatric nurse before. skbs your little diva is a long way from pro. 13 year old boys can put her little act to shame. It's when they make a fist and want to fight the docs get involved and the docs win. It becomes a very humbling experience for a 13 year old being subdued by 3 docs & 4 nurses while another nurse takes her sweet time finding the spot for the injection while mom is lecturing as to what is going to happen when dad gets home. I do have a bag of axillary heat today. Jalapeno kettle chips hard at work.
That sounds like my oldest son. He is 12 soon to be 13. When we moved here to Tx we found out he needed to redo a shot (something screwy about the date he had the vacinne or something)Anyways we are trying to get him enrolled in school and no doctor would fit him in. So we end up going to the health dept where we come to find out he needs not 1 but 4 shots. My father was with me thank goodness, he ended up sitting on my son, pinning him to the chair. Oh it was so humiliating.

Now my other two boys are a piece of cake. In and out no problems. Skbs you are not alone....

Old 11-19-2008, 12:20 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,227,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtohouston View Post
I don't remember who it was but there was a chef on the food network that refers to the broiler as an upside down grill.

Morning all, tonight for dinner no idea. Cleaning the house so that when we leave on vacation it won't be an utter disaster area when we get back. Yuck, so not what I want to do today....

I am thinking maybe lemon pepper chicken as I have a ton of lemons that are ripe and I need to use them up. Or maybe lemon picata (haven't had that in a while. Do you think capers are essential to the dish because I don't have any)
That is what I am doing today, cleaning the house, except we are not going away.

We are also having lemon pepper chicken tonight, along with with kasha varnishkes and cauliflower.

Old 11-19-2008, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
That is what I am doing today, cleaning the house, except we are not going away.

Well I don't exactly want to go where we are going. We are heading to Ohio where hubby and I grew up. We haven't been back in five years. All of our family is there. While its great to see them, it is going to be cold and miserable. Lots of family drama, both sides of family are divorced so it's more running around then relaxing. The town is going downhill, my mom is in the process of selling the home where I grew up, so it's kind of bittersweet ya know.

ETA back on topic, I decided to make the Chicken Piccata. I have everything I need to make it. Will have some sort of veggie on the side with mashed potatos and biscuits.

Last edited by movingtohouston; 11-19-2008 at 12:33 PM.. Reason: added something

Old 11-19-2008, 12:34 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,295,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
UGh.... Well.... what have you all come to expect from THE DIVA? !
LOL, I know, I just like reading it when you write it!

Old 11-19-2008, 12:38 PM

Hey do ya'll think a lemon meringue pie would be overkill?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink