Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2008, 07:15 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
If I am not mistaken this is the third night with the pikes peak pattie in one form or another. not that there's anything wrong with it.
civil service behavior, we love repetition. also i live alone.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:35 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,946,128 times
Lacey -- so glad it turned out GREAT!

The BF tried to go back to work today but only lasted a few hours........he sprained his right ankle/foot very badly a week and a half ago and is in a boot. The fact that he has to drive around all day and be on his feet isn't the best mix.

BUT........since he was home early, he did manage to make a venison chili in the crock pot that was soooo good! I am not sure what he did for the whole thing, but I do know he added some cinnamon to it to give it a sweeter, Cincinnati chili taste to it and it worked! It also had black beans, northern white beans, green bell pepper, garlic, onion, tomato paste, tomatoes, chicken stock and jalapenoes in it. Topped it off with chopped cilantro, sour cream, and chedder cheese and made corn muffins on the side.

Got to go get the brownies I made him to say "thanks" out of the oven!

EDIT: Before we got together two and a half years ago, I never had venison or any time of "game" meat. Gotta say I really like it - so if you have never tried it and have no objection to eating venison I say give it a try!! I also said I could never see myself dating a guy that hunts but guess love makes you do crazy things!!

Old 09-23-2008, 07:51 PM

48,142 posts, read 22,010,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
EDIT: Before we got together two and a half years ago, I never had venison or any time of "game" meat. Gotta say I really like it - so if you have never tried it and have no objection to eating venison I say give it a try!! I also said I could never see myself dating a guy that hunts but guess love makes you do crazy things!!
I can understand that.....I was Vegan before I met my DP 6 years ago.....now I cook and eat meat.....so yes....love makes you do crazy things!

Old 09-23-2008, 07:56 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,153,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
Good afternoon, MM; good morning, everyone else

Tonight will be All Season Broiled Chicken, peas in the pod and whipped potatoes. Yum!

All Season Broiled/Grilled Chicken

1.5 c. chili sauce
3/4 c. red wine vinegar
1.5 Tbsp. prepared horseradish
2 small cloves garlic, halved
1 tsp. salt
4 bone in chicken breasts

Mix chili sauce, vinegar, horseradish, garlic and salt in a bowl. Reserve 1/2 of the marinade. Add chicken to bowl and turn to coat. Cover; marinate in refrigerator for about 5 minutes.

Preheat grill or broiler. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade in bowl. Place chicken on grill or on broiler pan.

Grill or broil chicken, turning and basting frequently with half the reserved marinade, until juices run clear when meat is pierced with a knife, about 30 minutes.

Heat remaining reserved marinade in a small saucepan, stirring occasionally. Serve hot alongside chicken.

You better believe I am going to make this Thanks Cheydee!

Old 09-23-2008, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise in Fla View Post
Hello all, wow lots to catch up here. I have pork chops out, will make some mashed potatoes and probably a salad. Also have some leftover fra diavolo from last night, will probably use that up too.

What is fra diavolo?

Old 09-23-2008, 08:12 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,061,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberbaby27 View Post
What is fra diavolo?
A sauce with tomato and chilli? I think... often made with seafood pasta dishes.

Definitely chilli - diavolo being Italian for devil, so hot! Like 'deviled' in English food-terminology...

Old 09-23-2008, 08:36 PM

Thanks SD
CheyDee tequila shrimp.... Hold the shrimp J/K! Today was non stop busy for me. I work in a small italian resturant and I was slammed today. I am the only waitress on the floor and I had a full dining room plus a party of 20 (that turned out to be 27)Thank goodness it is over I did not cook dinner tonight it was a free for all. My son and hub had ez mac n cheese. I drank a shake
Lacey your stew sounds so scrumptious!! Nice save
SouthDown I always put my own twist on recipes. So good for you! Hope it turned out yummy. That Lipton onion soup mix has saved my butt a couple times
SKBS honey balsamic glaze do share how to prepare this.
Molochai & YakeeGirl if you have any left over tuna casserole send it my way! I now have to dig up my recipe for this. I have not had that in like forever.
NJMIKE let us know if you try any of those recipes and if you like'em do share
Mom hope your day went good with the little ones. I was going to give you a call then looked at the time.... to late especially lack of sleep from last night. Love you Sweet Dreams.

Last edited by amberbaby27; 09-23-2008 at 08:55 PM..

Old 09-23-2008, 09:15 PM

8,893 posts, read 4,544,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberbaby27 View Post
What is fra diavolo?
Here is the recipie I use, it's Giada De Laurentiis version:

1 pound large shrimp, peeled, deveined
1 teaspoon salt, plus additional as needed
1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes
3 tablespoons olive oil, plus 1 to 2 tablespoons
1 medium onion, sliced
1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 cup dry white wine
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
3 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
3 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves

Toss the shrimp in a medium bowl with 1 teaspoon of salt and red pepper flakes. Heat the 3 tablespoons oil in a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and saute for about a minute, toss, and continue cooking until just cooked through, about 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer the shrimp to a large plate; set aside. Add the onion to the same skillet, adding 1 to 2 teaspoons of olive oil to the pan, if necessary, and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes with their juices, wine, garlic, and oregano. Simmer until the sauce thickens slightly, about 10 minutes. Return the shrimp and any accumulated juices to the tomato mixture; toss to coat, and cook for about a minute so the flavors meld together. Stir in the parsley and basil. Season with more salt, to taste, and serve.

In place of the diced tomatoes I like to use whole tomatoes and cut them myself.

Old 09-23-2008, 11:22 PM

22 posts, read 71,964 times
Default Wow!

This thread is amazing, keep it going!

Old 09-23-2008, 11:36 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,616,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraCnfld View Post
This thread is amazing, keep it going!
Welcome and help us along please. The more posts the more we learn...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink