Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2008, 04:58 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,389,111 times

Advertisements

Today we'll have a bunch of friends over for a New Year's Eve party. We'll be six couples and we ordered Turkish food. Above that each couple will prepare something (salad, dessert, stuffed bread etc.)

Happy New Year!

Old 12-31-2008, 05:19 AM

5 posts, read 10,064 times
We try this year a paella with friends - happy new year !!!

like that one :

Paella Valenciana (http://www.oryza.de/C12574320036797B/CurrentBaseLink/W27L2LCV624ORYADE - broken link)

Old 12-31-2008, 06:23 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,746,160 times
Good MOrning all

Axinom welcome and this incredible group will at least give you ideas and make you laugh during your journey.

Cyn..one more day under the belt.

We are to get 7-8 inches of snow today and I believe tonight it will be about 18. I feel bad for those who go out to the outdoor celebrations especially in Boston. I like to stay in with the jammies on and watch it on TV.

Tonight I think I will make some Chicken Parmesan.....easy and good!

Old 12-31-2008, 06:28 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
No way will we go out tonight-it's currently 22 below with a wind chill of 36 below. Pizza, cocktail, jammies-that's the menu!!!!

Old 12-31-2008, 06:37 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Goooooooooooood Morning all! Happy new years eve!
It's snowing now and supposed to snow for the next few days with heavy wind tonight. Typical new years weather. I remember a couple of years ago attempting to smoke a brisket in this type weather, not fun at all!

Vichel, welcome back! It's always fun trying to figure out what to do with lots of tomatoes, the sun dried thing then packed in oil works good. We tend to make lots of salsa with ours or puree them, place 2-4 cups of puree into ziplock freezer bags and freeze for winter sauces and such. IMO you can never have too much salsa or sauce.

Younglisa, We're looking at Maryville TN or somewhere in the mountains close to there (if we can ever sell here), pardon me if this was already asked but are you close to there?

Jaxson and GrannyR, Made the filling for the eggrolls last night but it got too late for me to roll 'em. I do have a question though (if you know). If I want to freeze some of the eggrolls do I par fry 'em first or just roll 'em up then freeze them on a sheet pan like you would berries?

I will attempt to post pics of our spread for tonight before it gets attacked.

Old 12-31-2008, 06:54 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,319,742 times
My oh my oh my! You have all been so busy here. I do enjoy reading all of your posts each morning catching up. Skbs, a very well deserved gold star. Your post are so informative and entertaining here. They always bring smiles!!

NBW--good job on all those posts! Isn't it amazing how fast they seem to grow??

Granny, I am looking forward to having a "buddy" working with me on this no-smoking journey!! They say having a friend quitting with you is a very good idea. Really helps. That and all the "atta-girls" from here! I had to laugh, even when I wrote that about not feeling bad just coughing up blood. Yes, I am in denial. I was scared to death to be honest. I guess what I was trying to say is I had no pain. I'm still scared but at least I am doing what I can by stopping smoking to hopefully prevent problems down the road. I already feel better physically...mentally it still isn't easy but anything in life that is worthwhile doesn't come easy!!

Day 12---no smoking!

Old 12-31-2008, 07:00 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,164,696 times
I am wishing everyone the last GOOD MORNING of 2008!

Tomorrow we'll be saying Good Morning to a brand new, spanking, shining new year!

I'm going out to a friend's house tonight. A bunch of us "girls" will get together and we're ordering Chinese which we'll eat with some good wine.

Happy New Year everybody!!!!

Old 12-31-2008, 07:02 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,319,742 times
You are right vp...this is our very last morning of 2008. Well good morning and Happy New Years Eve Day all my friends here!!

Old 12-31-2008, 07:03 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,872,241 times
Tonight is dinner with my parents at a Thai restaurant... it is a tradition we have had since I have been about 10.... I just ate salad for breakfast.... I am not even joking. I am trying to like detoxify or something in order to be ready to eat a meal again. I think only fruits and veg today until dinner. At least Thai can be somewhat light depending on what you order..... ugh.... Then tomorrow I go back to the Inlaws for another Italian Feast... then my little cousin is turning 9 on the 2nd and my Vietnamese aunt will me making something amazing on Friday and way more food than I can eat AGAIN.... and then Saturday I did MYSELF in and invited a huge group of people over for dinner.... what was I thinking? ANd they are all bringing a ton of dessert... luckily I can usually pass that up.... USUALLY... don't know what happend to me last night.....

Old 12-31-2008, 07:04 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,164,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
My oh my oh my! You have all been so busy here. I do enjoy reading all of your posts each morning catching up. Skbs, a very well deserved gold star. Your post are so informative and entertaining here. They always bring smiles!!

NBW--good job on all those posts! Isn't it amazing how fast they seem to grow??

Granny, I am looking forward to having a "buddy" working with me on this no-smoking journey!! They say having a friend quitting with you is a very good idea. Really helps. That and all the "atta-girls" from here! I had to laugh, even when I wrote that about not feeling bad just coughing up blood. Yes, I am in denial. I was scared to death to be honest. I guess what I was trying to say is I had no pain. I'm still scared but at least I am doing what I can by stopping smoking to hopefully prevent problems down the road. I already feel better physically...mentally it still isn't easy but anything in life that is worthwhile doesn't come easy!!

Day 12---no smoking!
12 days already Cyn? Awesome!
I'm rooting for you. We'll still be rooting a year from now. It is very hard to quit "forever" but you just make a conscious commitment to follow through. Duct tape helps too when absolutely needed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink