Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2008, 12:04 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,058,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Anchovy problems solved all-get the anchovy paste in the tube (like the tomatoe paste in the tube.) I use it even when making white clam sauce
Me too - I use it in non-fishy dishes too, it doesn't stay fishy once the dish is cooked - like in a tomato sauce, but adds a deep base note, savory, the fifth taste ... is it "'umami''???

Nice on hot buttered toast too!

Old 12-31-2008, 12:19 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,158,308 times
So I need to add anchovie paste and tomato paste tubes to my list? Pretty soon I'll be stocked better than Whole Foods.

For some reason, every recipe here has stuff I don't have at home, so I buy it, and THEN.......it goes into the twilight zone.

Oh I almost wish 2008 wasn't ending. There are so many things left to do.

Old 12-31-2008, 12:31 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,848,232 times
Jax...Thanks for the tip on where to pick up on the thread here

Jimj...I would parfry the eggrolls to freeze, like I said I like mine kind of wet and would melt the wrapper if I left them too long, so would roll right before putting in the oil...Want some...

Cyn...a friend of mine would joke about the mental fog when quitting...called CRAFT..can't remember a flockin thing

DayT and Nik's hubby...best of luck on the job hunt...

Lacey...is -27 here now at 10:30 our time, but no wind...for some reason that cold in MN felt worse than even up here...must have something to do with the humidity??

Hope all have a good day, and heres to the New Year!!!!!

Old 12-31-2008, 12:37 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,500,274 times
Hi y'all.

I don't think there's any hope I'll ever catch up with the 7 gazillion pages that I missed, so I'll just have to start here.

I took Christmas week off because my parents were here, and now I have returned to work to be utterly swamped!

Tonight's dinner? Probably frozen potstickers I picked up last weekend. I "discovered" an awesome place about 3 miles from my house called Saigon Market. It's a huge grocery store plus food court plus lots of other little shops. Reminds me of Ranch 99 in California.

Happy New Year to all my foodie friends!

Old 12-31-2008, 12:43 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,058,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Hi y'all.

I don't think there's any hope I'll ever catch up with the 7 gazillion pages that I missed, so I'll just have to start here.

I took Christmas week off because my parents were here, and now I have returned to work to be utterly swamped!

Tonight's dinner? Probably frozen potstickers I picked up last weekend. I "discovered" an awesome place about 3 miles from my house called Saigon Market. It's a huge grocery store plus food court plus lots of other little shops. Reminds me of Ranch 99 in California.

Welcome back! Happy new Year to you

Old 12-31-2008, 12:44 PM

7,333 posts, read 2,742,181 times
Happy New Years to all!

Green chile stew is in the slow cooker (will be going to work with me later); salsa is in the fridge (also going to work with me later); co-worker bringing chips, tortillas and guacamole.

If the past week or so is any indication, we will have a very busy, very strange night at work....keeps it interesting!

Again, Happy New Year and best wishes to all!

Old 12-31-2008, 12:45 PM

849 posts, read 1,952,678 times
Quote:
Hi y'all.

We have Ranch 99 here in Phoenix, too. It's a bit far from where I live and we have a couple other pretty big Oriental markets closer to us, so I don't go to Ranch 99 very often, but it is the best one, though. Love the Chinese bakery and food court, BBQ pork and roast duck.

Anywhoo, good to see you Debsi, had any tacos lately?

Old 12-31-2008, 01:10 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,848,116 times
Hey Debsi welcome back.

Yum IAmWoman-enjoy and hope work's quiet.

Granny-that could be-we were out for awhile and it's not as bitter as temp would have you believe.

Safe, Happy NY all.

Last edited by LaceyEx; 12-31-2008 at 01:37 PM..

Old 12-31-2008, 01:21 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,500,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkzone View Post
We have Ranch 99 here in Phoenix, too. It's a bit far from where I live and we have a couple other pretty big Oriental markets closer to us, so I don't go to Ranch 99 very often, but it is the best one, though. Love the Chinese bakery and food court, BBQ pork and roast duck.

Anywhoo, good to see you Debsi, had any tacos lately?
NO!! I guess I am due, huh?! I don't think I've had any tacos in two weeks.

I'm on an Asian kick right now. Made chicken and shrimp fried rice two days ago with left over shrimp cocktail platter and other leftover goodies from all the holiday feasting.

Old 12-31-2008, 01:38 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,848,116 times
Quote:
NO!! I guess I am due, huh?! I don't think I've had any tacos in two weeks.

I'm on an Asian kick right now. Made chicken and shrimp fried rice two days ago with left over shrimp cocktail platter and other leftover goodies from all the holiday feasting.
Are you sure you are our Debsi and not an imposter!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink