Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2008, 04:22 PM

48,149 posts, read 22,013,215 times

Advertisements

I am still recouperating from a bad cold and its snowing hard outside....we didnt even do a grocerystore run.....tonight will be spaghetti and meatballs..(lots of garlic so I can taste it) and perhaps a tossed salad if anyone feels like it. I have the meat balls cooking right now....Happy New Year.....

Old 12-31-2008, 04:30 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,194,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malfunction View Post
Hey, now. There's absolutely nothing wrong with anchovies. Maybe they aren't as popular as they used to be, but as a pizza topping, it's still one of my guilty passions!
OK but don't try kissing those women you will be around after eating them deal?

Old 12-31-2008, 04:37 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,627,821 times
Dinner is served. Leftover beef & barley soup over a baked potato. I added jalapenos and Louisiana hot sauce to mine. I think this will be a repeat.

Old 12-31-2008, 04:38 PM
Status: "Let's replace the puppet show with actual leadership." (set 5 hours ago)

52,700 posts, read 47,975,215 times
Here's what I had tonight: Panda Express. I had the Beijing beef, peppered chicken, and sweet-and-sour chicken. Had fried rice on the side along with a chicken egg roll.

Happy New Year, folks! Happy eating!

Old 12-31-2008, 04:50 PM

616 posts, read 1,162,684 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
Since h had the split chicken breast and trimmings for lunch. I just threw in a hm pepperoni, mozzarella calzone to bake for when he comes home shortly.

Later, NY snacks will include the traditional, pickled & sour cream herring, lentil soup, imported cheeses and garlic dried sausage, jumbo shrimp cocktail and smoked salmon pate and crackers. Have a good night everyone, see you in the new year. kelsie

Are you sure you didn't snag my Christmas party leftovers from December 23rd? Just had to give the rest of a salmon ball I made up for the thing to the one remaining dog-lol. BTW, party was great and pics will show up sooner or later on the old profile.

Old 12-31-2008, 05:03 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,269,134 times
I made soup out of the leftovers in the fridge and it turned into a great Veg. Beef/mac. soup. I started with the rest of the Swiss steak, and I had about 4 little tupperware things of different veggies and threw that all in. Hubster's tummy was feeling a little off today, so it was good to fix something simple like that for him. Happy New Year to all my friends out there in Food land.

Old 12-31-2008, 05:10 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,194,030 times
Nomad your food combos remind me of my brother growing up he would eat anything and usually combine things together doing so.

shadowwalker did you kill the elk?

gentlearts thanks for the recipe! I will be trying this will have to half the recipe as I only have one tube of crescents left here now.

Kats I freeze broccoli casserole but we don't put the bread on top. You could always try it and scrape the topping off if it is mushy when you reheat.

kelsie you lost me at the pickled herring. But you enjoy hear?

elston here I thought you were just busy with company and now we know you have been sick. Feel better soon do you need to try burdell's hot mustard therapy?

We are having fried breaded mushrooms, mozzarella sticks, pot stickers, veggie tray & dip and shrimp with cocktail sauce for our party snacks. Still have Chex mix and cookies to nibble on to.

I am sure I will be back later on here sometime this year yet.

Old 12-31-2008, 05:16 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,338,401 times
So much to catch up on in just a day's time! I'm glad to see Elston and Debsi back with us; I've missed you both, and it feels good to have our "food family" complete again.

Having what I'd describe as "heavenly hash" tonight; spouse took the leftover rib roast from Christmas and the leftover tenderloin from Friday and turned it into a wonderful, glorious, flavorful hash. I know, I know, some of you probably consider it sacrilege to make hash from such wonderful beef, but I can assure you that in the spouse's hands, even humble hash rises to new heights.

Gonna have a nice quiet night tonight, and tomorrow I can take down all the holiday decorations and return this house to normalcy at last. I love looking at them, but I'm ready to put them away for another year.

Happy, healthy new year to all, and I'll see you next year!

Old 12-31-2008, 05:24 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,674,830 times
I made a t-bone steak, scallop cheesey potatoes, and a salad.

Old 12-31-2008, 05:47 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,403,283 times
Dinner was delish. I had chicken fajitas and I made chicken cutlets for my hubby. I have a lemon cake in the oven as I type.

All this talk about anchovies. They scare me lol. Maybe someone will have to make it for me, don't tell me anchovies are in there, and then I can sample. Any volunteers? I think the closest I've come to anchovies is Caesar dressing.(maybe)

It's a cold and very windy night here. We are staying in and will be watching all those crazy people freezing their buns off in Times Square. Sorry, you couldn't pay me to do that.

Happy New Year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink