Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2009, 06:38 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,319,742 times

Advertisements

And with the way you cook elston I'd probably do the same as your DP!! Still, maybe he can make you some warm comforting soup at this time!! These colds seem to hang on and are miserable. Knock on wood we've been lucky but our neighbor has had a bad one and it's been over a week now.

Happy 2009 all my foodie friends!! The first day of this New Year so I hope it's a great one. I think we are having a bowl of black eyed peas and ham for lunch as I have heard it is a tradition here in the South (probably in many other places too). Supposedly it brings good luck and prosperity and we can use any of that we can get!! Who can't?? Since we only had our one night of turkey on Thanksgiving because we ate at the kids house and had no leftovers DH decided to make up a small turkey for us tonight. Now we'll have turkey on our menu for the next few days!! Yum!

Day 13--no smoking. I think today is the last day I will remind myself of the number of days without smoking and start my New Year by remembering each month I have been a non-smoker!!

Old 01-01-2009, 06:46 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Morning all and Happy New Year.

Elston-same thing here. Mr. L couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag in the kitchen.

Cyn we good all use good luck and especially good heatlt for the coming year.

Looking forward to the standing rib roast, sauteed zucchini and garlic, J. Pepin's smashed potatoes for Mr. L.

I had a food ooopps this morning-opened the refrig to get milk-hit the 2 containers of dim sauce sauce and hot mustard-yuk.

Miss Martha posted on Cozy-disturbing news for her and her family.

Old 01-01-2009, 06:46 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,164,696 times
GOOD MORNING! DAY 1 of this new year. The next 364 will be great hanging around with all of you!

Old 01-01-2009, 06:48 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,522,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
GOOD MORNING! DAY 1 of this new year. The next 364 will be great hanging around with all of you!
Morning.. and a happy new year to all my foodie friends!!!

Old 01-01-2009, 07:01 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,872,241 times
JUST woke up..... the kids slept in! I was so worried despite staying up til midnight they were going to wake up at the usual 6:30! But luckily they are just wandering down now.....Hope you all partied hard last night.

I am bowing out of the NY party today.... I need a break. Not feeling too hot. The cold has hit me. Hubby says he will bring the feast home. So, I will get the benefit of the food but I won't have to leave the house.... I think I am going to take a lesson from NOMAD and take a few naps today....maybe I can sleep it off..... hope you all have a lovely day and a very HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

OH.... here is where we ate last night.... very good food... my fav was the sesame beef (and I don't even LIKE beef!!!!!) and the evil jungle.....but I usually order evil jungle with tofu- this is the first time I have had it with chicken.... very good....

http://www2.saksthaicuisine.com/

Last edited by skbs; 01-01-2009 at 07:47 AM..

Old 01-01-2009, 07:46 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,403,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by axinom07 View Post
Hi Katsmeeyow Love your sign on by the way....my email is crazycatgirl. I have a fantastic rec. for a lemon cake...I call it lemon nectar. It is still Betty Crocker, but with an added ingred. If you would like, please let me know and I'll post.

Monica
Hi Monica- we would love to know the '"special" ingredient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
His ineptitude in the kitchen is largely in response to my having taken over those duties.....he had been on his own before we met and managed to feed himself....I just took charge of the kitchen....and he let me....now he doesnt even know where utensils are.
My honey is the same way. He can't even find the salt. It's amazing that he did cook, a little, before me. I worry if I get really sick. I might starve but at least I would lose some weight.

I hope you start to feel better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post

Day 13--no smoking. I think today is the last day I will remind myself of the number of days without smoking and start my New Year by remembering each month I have been a non-smoker!!
Keep counting the days cyn and we'll encourage you to stay on track. Woo hoo. Good job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Morning all and Happy New Year.

Looking forward to the standing rib roast, sauteed zucchini and garlic, J. Pepin's smashed potatoes for Mr. L.
Enjoy the roast. I know you are all going to shoot me. Where is that great recipe you have all been talking about? The pages got away from me.

I have no idea about dinner. My hubby and I are shopping for a desk and a bed today. The spare room is done, woo hoo.

Old 01-01-2009, 08:05 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
YLisa which one?

Old 01-01-2009, 08:11 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,403,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
YLisa which one?
The best one, lol. No really, any one that you think is good and juicy.

Old 01-01-2009, 08:12 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,319,742 times
You are porbably right younglisa..it is those daily "pats on my back" that seem to make me want to keep truckin' on the no smoking. You talked me into it. I just didn't want to bore everyone with my daily no smoking posts. I'll be honest, I am real proud of each and every day I go without smoking. For those who have smoked or do smoke they understand what I am saying about the difficulty and for those who have never smoked...I wish I were one of you!

Old 01-01-2009, 08:22 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,269,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
We just brought in the New Year beating our iron skillets out on the front porch! Had to go with the Disney countdown clock instead of the NY ball though.

Happy 2009 foodie friends!
We used to open the front door and the back door at the same time so the old year could go out and the new year baby come in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
His ineptitude in the kitchen is largely in response to my having taken over those duties.....he had been on his own before we met and managed to feed himself....I just took charge of the kitchen....and he let me....now he doesnt even know where utensils are.
That's the way DH was till I had the operation and he took over the kitchen. He even re-arranged my cupboards. Now, I'm back to doing the majority of the cooking and I can't find anything in my own kitchen!

Hope you're feeling better, Elston.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
You are porbably right younglisa..it is those daily "pats on my back" that seem to make me want to keep truckin' on the no smoking. You talked me into it. I just didn't want to bore everyone with my daily no smoking posts. I'll be honest, I am real proud of each and every day I go without smoking. For those who have smoked or do smoke they understand what I am saying about the difficulty and for those who have never smoked...I wish I were one of you!

We are not bored with your success. We want you to be proud of yourself.

Lacey, am headed over to Cozy Inn to check on Miss Martha.

Happy New Year, all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.