Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2008, 09:00 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,337,594 times

Advertisements

Wow, another star on Cyn's reputation! No surprise there, of course - you richly deserve it. You may not be a Moderator, but you sure act like one in this forum - and we're all glad that you do. Thanks for keeping the conversations lively!

Old 11-09-2008, 09:19 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,316,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
Wow, another star on Cyn's reputation! No surprise there, of course - you richly deserve it. You may not be a Moderator, but you sure act like one in this forum - and we're all glad that you do. Thanks for keeping the conversations lively!
How nice of you to say that! I love this thread and the people that post here! I also have my daughter who posts here as you all know so that makes me even more protective of it! But I couldn't do it alone....it is everyone of you here that make this thread what it is and who keeps their eyes on things...thank you all!

Now, I'm either crazy or I'm actually learning something here...I'm once again trying something new tonight for dinner. Yes!! I'll put my mistakes behind me and give it another try...but only because you have all told me that is what I need to do! It will be an easy new recipe for me..pesto chicken baked with fresh tomatoes and cheese on the top and as a side we will have some fresh broccoli and brown & wild rice. I had considered pasta with it but we haven't had brown & wild rice in a long time and it just sounded good. Here's to giving it one more try!!!

Old 11-09-2008, 10:20 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,672,166 times
Hamburgers/hot dogs on the grill. French fries

Old 11-09-2008, 10:31 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Well we went out for a late breakfast and picked up a bake at home pizza for dinner.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:33 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,616,968 times
Not a clues as of yet. Wife got called in for a 12 hour shift and will be home late. So, I'll take a nap on it and maybe dream up something. She may grab something hot on the way home. Often in this circumstance she will get a fish sandwich fix and I may just bake a potato and load it up. After the PM nap I may have a change of heart. Congrats on the new star cyn.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:34 AM

5,035 posts, read 9,226,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Chey-I have a great creamy NY cheesecake recipe. If you want it just holler.
Thanks, Lacey. I'm kind of stuck up when it comes to cheesecake. I grew up on Junior's and they really are the best. As a result, I never care for any others.

Lots of winners on this thread!! Congrats Nomad, MWBW, YoungLisa, and Cyn. Y'all are so deserving!

Old 11-09-2008, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
Chey, Bobby Flay had a throwdown with Junior in Brooklyn just last weekend, Junior won against Bobby for his outstanding cheesecake. The cheesecake that I ate last night (Fresh Market) was very good. Not as good as Junior's but a little bit less expensive
Gee, I could have told him that. LOL!

They really are pretty pricey, especially if you have them shipped, but it's truly a culinary experience and IMO, worth every cent.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:38 AM

52,693 posts, read 47,969,279 times
Default The Agenda - Week of November 9 - 14 / Plus Staycation Update

This week's dinner selections at my humble eating circle will include different soup selections. I've been craving chicken noodle, but I'm going to search for one or two others. Also ahead is some lasagna, cheese/garlic toast, and possibly some grilled chicken. I'll also have some mixed veggies to steam.

Have a wonderful week of eating, and bon appetit.

In case any of you wondered about my 'staycation excursion', I've had mostly simple things, and occasionally, some out-of-the-ordinary when going out. Among the items I've had the best Texas barbecue I could possibly have in my part of the state. It was pork ribs, smoked sausage, brisket, potato salad, pinto beans, and blackberry cobbler. Other things have included four enchiladas at Abuelos, with two cheese and one ground beef with chili sauce, and one other with chicken and a sour cream sauce. The plate came with rice and beans. Also, I had some fried catfish and french fries, and another place brought forth some German food selections: jagerschnitzel topped with brown gravy and mushrooms, potato pancakes, creamed spinach, and four different types of breads. They must have a thing for rye. Breakfast out was great, too. Bacon, eggs over-easy, English muffins, and breakfast potatoes at Mimi's. Also, I visited the Original Pancake House in Frisco, TX. Scrambled eggs, more bacon (theirs was thicker-sliced), but almost ordered a plain waffle, which is my favorite while there. So, there's your long-awaited food news from me.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:48 AM

There is a pot roast thread going on and it made me want pot roast. I threw a roast into the crockpot, added a can of tomato sauce, some red wine and potatoes, and covered it with garlic and oregano. I didn't add veggies to the pot because I didn't want it too sweet and am in the mood for less soggy carrots right now, so I'll steam some on the side.

Old 11-09-2008, 11:05 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
This week's dinner selections at my humble eating circle will include different soup selections. I've been craving chicken noodle, but I'm going to search for one or two others. Also ahead is some lasagna, cheese/garlic toast, and possibly some grilled chicken. I'll also have some mixed veggies to steam.

Have a wonderful week of eating, and bon appetit.

In case any of you wondered about my 'staycation excursion', I've had mostly simple things, and occasionally, some out-of-the-ordinary when going out. Among the items I've had the best Texas barbecue I could possibly have in my part of the state. It was pork ribs, smoked sausage, brisket, potato salad, pinto beans, and blackberry cobbler. Other things have included four enchiladas at Abuelos, with two cheese and one ground beef with chili sauce, and one other with chicken and a sour cream sauce. The plate came with rice and beans. Also, I had some fried catfish and french fries, and another place brought forth some German food selections: jagerschnitzel topped with brown gravy and mushrooms, potato pancakes, creamed spinach, and four different types of breads. They must have a thing for rye. Breakfast out was great, too. Bacon, eggs over-easy, English muffins, and breakfast potatoes at Mimi's. Also, I visited the Original Pancake House in Frisco, TX. Scrambled eggs, more bacon (theirs was thicker-sliced), but almost ordered a plain waffle, which is my favorite while there. So, there's your long-awaited food news from me.
I think I just gained 5 lbs. from reading about your adverturesome vacation!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink