Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2008, 08:11 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,745,369 times

Advertisements

VP so glad you are back with us......onward and upward

The soup is on!!!! it's got leftover roast beef, carrots, celery onion barley mushrooms chicken broth beef broth spices.
Come on over where there is always plenty.

Old 11-10-2008, 08:23 AM

3,367 posts, read 11,061,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Thank you. Now if I could just figure out what to buy, LOL. I'm not really a shopper unless it's food.

Congratulations to everyone who won.
I was lucky enough to win a few months back too, and had the same problem - I couldn't find anything to spend it on ! In the end I bought some new bathroom scales to see how overweight I'd become from trying out all the recipes on this thread!!!

...Hmmmm... some kind of irony in there somewhere ...

Old 11-10-2008, 08:23 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,871,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southdown View Post
I was lucky enough to win a few months back too, and had the same problem - I couldn't find anything to spend it on ! In the end I bought some new bathroom scales to see how overweight I'd become from trying out all the recipes on this thread!!!

...Hmmmm... some kind of irony in there somewhere ...
OMG you are too funny.....

Old 11-10-2008, 08:39 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,316,787 times
Ha! That is funny! I don't "do" scales in my house.....if my pants feel tighter then it's time to cut back, if they get to loose then it's time to eat some more. I only get weighed when I see the Dr.

Old 11-10-2008, 08:41 AM

48,146 posts, read 22,010,341 times
I "won" last year before I moved back east......I bought a nice warm long sleeve shirt....to begin putting together a wardrobe for a cooler clime. I did notice that for many of the thngs I wanted....I would have had to add something to the original $50.....but it was a welcome start. When ever I wear that shirt (which is often) I think of C-D and of the process I went thru to relocate. It is always appreciated.

And for Supper Tonight.....last night was charcoal grilled NY Strip Steaks....tonight will be Roast Chicken Breasts...but we have been having that so often lately....I need to think of a way to dress them up....to keep DP's interest in my diet entrees.....Maybe I will make a gravy to go with them. (But there is the danger....I no sooner type gravy than my mind goes to whipped potatoes ....

Old 11-10-2008, 08:42 AM

3,367 posts, read 11,061,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Ha! That is funny! I don't "do" scales in my house.....if my pants feel tighter then it's time to cut back, if they get to loose then it's time to eat some more. I only get weighed when I see the Dr.
And you are quite right too! I have taken up running again recently, and now my clothes are all much looser and I can fit into things I hadn't worn for a year - but my weight has barely dropped more than a few pounds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post

And for Supper Tonight.....last night was charcoal grilled NY Strip Steaks....tonight will be Roast Chicken Breasts...but we have been having that so often lately....I need to think of a way to dress them up....to keep DP's interest in my diet entrees.....
Have you tried wrapping in pancetta/prosciutto? Delicious, and not as fatty as bacon...

http://www.sugarbar.org/blog/stuffed...-tomato-sauce/

Old 11-10-2008, 09:16 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,946,128 times
I've got today off for Veteran's day and feel like cooking a comfort meal! It is cold and gray here today.

I am debating between stuffed pork chops, beef stroganoff, or chicken and dumplings.........will decide after a shower and another cup of coffee.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:23 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,180,569 times
Last night we made impromptu burritos. There were two pork chops left in the package. They were fried up and then deboned and cut into small pieces. We had no refried beans, so I took a can of vegetable lentil soup and drained out the lentils. The lentils were then heated up and taco spice mixed in. We were also out of cheese, so we mixed in a packet of cheese powder from a box of mac and cheese. We also had some leftover cooked Spanish rice.

So our burritos were filled with pork chop meat, Mexican flavored cheesy lentils, Spanish rice and a dollop of sour cream. And they were very tasty!!

Old 11-10-2008, 09:25 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,871,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
That is exactly what I just told hubby! GET RID OF THE PANTS! Now that he has dropped he is hanging onto the big ones for dear life.... he keeps eating right and dropping pounds but he is swimming in the pants.... time for new ones.... I said if you get some wiggle room you will find a way to fill it! LOL..... I don't like the scale.... I use the pants too

Old 11-10-2008, 09:30 AM

50,378 posts, read 64,007,408 times
Last night I made roast boneless leg of lamb, fresh green beans and Chantilly potatoes. We had a nice Spanish Rioja, and my friend brought a lemon meringue pie.The chantilly potatoes is a recipe out of my ancient cookbook, but it was new to me. Not bad for a change.
Dieters proceed no further....
Regular mashed potatoes placed into a casserole dish.
Whip 1/2 cup heavy cream and fold in 1/2 cup grated swiss cheese. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes until the top is brown and bubbly.
The rest of the week DH is gone, so I'll probably eat mostly sandwiches, frozen entrees, and cereal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink