Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2009, 11:40 AM

616 posts, read 1,162,760 times

Advertisements

Debating on defrosting the last of the on sale pork chops. Now these last packs are the gigantic ones, and would probably be great stuffed. Any suggestions? The last few nights they were prepared lightly seasoned and floured and fried.

Also thinking about the rump roast in the freezer-too many choices!

Old 01-01-2009, 11:42 AM

2,905 posts, read 7,352,368 times
Don't know yet, looking for ideas here!

Old 01-01-2009, 11:47 AM

2,905 posts, read 7,352,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Spareribs tonight. I have leftover artichoke cheese dip from last night and I'm thinking of using it in a kind of scalloped potato dish. I'm thinkin it could turn out to be a good combination, right?

I might take down some decorations today, but I really hate to. Everything looked so nice this year, and the tree has been the best ever...so fresh that not needle one has dropped from it yet (and it didn't fall over once, either).
lol! I just looked at my tree a few minutes ago and it looks like its leaning---i realized it's the "sled" tree stand and not actually the tree. Then I realized that last year we had to put a weight on one part of the sled.

No decorations are coming down here until next weekend, and the candlesticks will stay in the windows at least until February or later. Last year I didn't take them in until at least Mid February and no one else did either.

Like someone else said, they look so pretty with the snow.

Happy New Year!

Old 01-01-2009, 11:54 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,196,101 times
Great day to ya all!

miguel's mom sounds yummy. I like to hear of other culture foods to try here.

elston then tell DP he better be calling for take out so you can build up your strength to type to us on here then!

skbs some how I just knew you were going to post today feeling bad~~ yes do get as much rest as you can. That is nice DH is bringing the food to you. I am still looking at the menu you posted.

YLisa one room down that has to feel good.

cyn keep posting your days that will strengthen your steps and maybe entice other smokers to quit!

NMS I have never heard of opening the front and back doors tradition before thanks for sharing that!

Couldn't change the kid's minds about having our traditional New England boiled dinner so it will be spaghetti and slaw here. They aren't eating any cabbage to show me it is all superstition but I am not taking the chance to find out I am getting too old for that. LOL Some days it would be good to go back to when they were little had no opinions and ate anything that was put on their plates.

Old 01-01-2009, 12:04 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,270,731 times
Going to a friend's house for a Tom & Jerry Party (not sure if I mentioned that), so will probably not be cooking tonite. Don't ya just hate when that happens???

Old 01-01-2009, 12:11 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,062,865 times
Happy New Year to you all!

We had fun last light in downtown Austin - First Night is an arts festival with all kinds of events, parades and displays, beautiful creations of costumes, burning of clocks, fireworks and GOOD FOOD! I had a middle-eastern lamb wrap, soooo yummy!

Tonight we'll go to our fave little Vietnamese restaurant for an early dinner of healthy but delicious fresh spicy food... can't wait!

Get well soon wishes to Elston, skbs and any others still under the weather.

Keep warm wishes to the chilly ones...

and Cyn... WOOOO!!! a new year of no smoking - well done you!!!!

Hope 2009 is good to you all You are a great bunch of friends.

Old 01-01-2009, 12:18 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,873,356 times
LOL Jaxson did the usual burning the candle at both ends.... what can I say....GO GO GO......

but I HAVE to be ready for tomorrow.... It is my cousin's bday party. He is 9- also my Godson.... There is a huge age dif between the cousins in my family.... my youngest (the Chatterbox) is actually OLDER than the youngest of my cousins (his sister). So my grandmother has a greatgrandchild who is OLDER than her youngest grandchild.... funny right? So really MY cousins are more like MY KIDS cousins than cousins to me.... they are more like my nieced and nephews.....I come from a big IRISH family remember..... SOOOOOOO More food tomorrow.... cooked by my Vietnamese Aunt.... very ethinically diverse family I have with a great variety of food!

OK NMS What is a Tom and Jerry Party? All I can think of is the cartoon but I doubt it is that.....and I haven't a clue.... but sounds like something I should know lol.....

Old 01-01-2009, 12:19 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Going to a friend's house for a Tom & Jerry Party (not sure if I mentioned that), so will probably not be cooking tonite. Don't ya just hate when that happens???
You poor thing-you just break my heart!!!!!! Why don't you stay home and I'll go-LOL.

Old 01-01-2009, 12:21 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Heartless View Post
Debating on defrosting the last of the on sale pork chops. Now these last packs are the gigantic ones, and would probably be great stuffed. Any suggestions? The last few nights they were prepared lightly seasoned and floured and fried.

Also thinking about the rump roast in the freezer-too many choices!
Do you have stuffing mix and applesauce? If so, make the stuffing using applesauce as a moisturizer. Cut a pockt in the chops, stuff well, season, pan brown and bake 325 for 1 hr.

Old 01-01-2009, 12:24 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,270,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
LOL Jaxson did the usual burning the candle at both ends.... what can I say....GO GO GO......

but I HAVE to be ready for tomorrow.... It is my cousin's bday party. He is 9- also my Godson.... There is a huge age dif between the cousins in my family.... my youngest (the Chatterbox) is actually OLDER than the youngest of my cousins (his sister). So my grandmother has a greatgrandchild who is OLDER than her youngest grandchild.... funny right? So really MY cousins are more like MY KIDS cousins than cousins to me.... they are more like my nieced and nephews.....I come from a big IRISH family remember..... SOOOOOOO More food tomorrow.... cooked by my Vietnamese Aunt.... very ethinically diverse family I have with a great variety of food!

OK NMS What is a Tom and Jerry Party? All I can think of is the cartoon but I doubt it is that.....and I haven't a clue.... but sounds like something I should know lol.....
a Tom and Jerry is a wonderful hot adult beverage that is typically made at Christmastime. You beat the daylights out of egg yolks and egg whites separately then blend them together and beat them some more. Meanwhile, you mix together 3 or 4 different types of liquor. Put a shot of the liquor mix in a coffee mug, top it w/some of the egg batter, then fill the mug up w/water that's just about boiling. Top w/nutmeg. Oh, baby, oh baby! Havent had any in several years. 35 min. to party time and I don't even know what I'm wearing yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
You poor thing-you just break my heart!!!!!! Why don't you stay home and I'll go-LOL.
Lacey, you can be my date. The Hubster isn't going. Hurry up...I have to leave by 10 to 3. Gotta go dig something out of the closet, put on my face and brush my teeth. See y'all later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink