Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2009, 03:27 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times

Advertisements

Mackerel-just too oily and super fishy tasting and smelling. Can't blame you Elston.

Old 01-05-2009, 03:37 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,062,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Tonight I am making comfort food. I decided to make "Kedgeree" which I love and used to be very popular in Britain among the old "colonial" class of Brits ( I think it is an Anglo-Indian dish as far as I know). Usually served at breakfast but I am not one to let this in the way...
I love kedgeree, delicious! With sultanas and hard-boiled eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
Wow........gone for a week and I am pages and pages behind!! I don't think I have time to read them all (I'm back at work......shhhh), so somebody fill me in, will ya?
Good to see you back HG!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
We feel like we live in London, this weather is just awful, fog, dismal rain, 50's, almost 2 weeks now.
I grew up in London and I swear it is never foggy! Or hardly... where does this idea come from.... some old ghostly movies??? It's often cold and damp in the winter, but fog...???

Defrosted what I thought was Thai chicken curry for tonight, but it's actually salmon - which is great, love oily fish, I can feel it doing my bones good! Raced around with dental appointments and ferrying kids about today, now nipping to the mall to buy shoes for littl'un and a few other errands, it will be nice to come home to a spicy curry after that! Hope you all have a great evening

Old 01-05-2009, 03:50 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,091,753 times
We are having:

Salmon poached in champagne and sauvignon blanc (can you guess what wines I had left over) with fresh dill and Italian parsley. I also made a mayonnaise based sauce for it too.

It will be accompanied with the leftover artichoke gratin from New Year's Eve dinner.

Old 01-05-2009, 04:09 PM

8,893 posts, read 4,544,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise in Fla View Post
Hello all, glad to see you back HG. Not sure what dinner will be tonight, but I am having a nutrional lunch today at my desk...Bugles and a diet Pepsi, lol. That dip sounds great, thanks for sharing!
As if lunch wasn't fattening enough tonight is pasta. Threw a quick sauce together and calling it dinner!

Old 01-05-2009, 04:11 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,627,821 times
Forgot to mention earlier we are also having the first of the season strawberries for dessert..

Old 01-05-2009, 04:16 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,670,005 times
Well, it was back hard at work today and I am just now surfacing!

Threw together the ole standby of chicken and rice.

Serving with a light salad and fruit on the side....

Tonight dh has a meeting and he usually eats before going....

now, we both have meetings tomorrow, I don't have a clue.....

Old 01-05-2009, 04:22 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,746,160 times
Elston I am with you on that one..YUK

My pork roast is smelling really good. I think rum in anything tastes good.

Old 01-05-2009, 04:35 PM

2,489 posts, read 7,213,695 times
Evening all, after a busy day of putting the house back together now that the children are in school woo hoo!!!, we are having chicken pot pie for dinner with the chocolate ice cream for dessert.

Hope everyone has good evening.

Old 01-05-2009, 05:17 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,250,037 times
Italian meatloaf, roasted potatoes and peas turned out very good.

Dinner at everyone's home sounds good as usual.

I am with you elston about the Mac., wanna bet dp picked that up because you made the 15 bean soup!

I hope everyone has a great night.

Old 01-05-2009, 05:21 PM

48,146 posts, read 22,013,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
Italian meatloaf, roasted potatoes and peas turned out very good.

Dinner at everyone's home sounds good as usual.

I am with you elston about the Mac., wanna bet dp picked that up because you made the 15 bean soup!

I hope everyone has a great night.
I hope not kelsie....and I really dont think so. He has been asking the fish monger for Macarel regularly....that and blue fish are his favorites in the American fish market....he likes oily fishy fish. He also likes fresh sardines and flying fish but I dont think they sell them here. His mother is a wonderful cook and I might try these squid or mackarel if she had cooked them....but my Dear Partner.....he is dear....but his cooking is pretty basic and lacking in subtlety.

I do have left over spaghetti or of course another bean soup meal in the fridge or Krafts mac and cheesest.

He told me they had another fish he didnt know the English name for....but he is hoping that the winter selection will be more to his taste.
I can barely breath in the house. He has two big pots one of squid cut up and cooked in soy sauce and the other of cross sections of macarel cooked in soy sauce.....he is one happy man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.