Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2009, 05:42 PM

10,782 posts, read 8,730,143 times

Advertisements

Dinner will be at the movie theatre tonight. I got a Gift Card for my birthday, for our local Gold Class cinema - that "luxury" type theatre with fully reclining chairs and where you can order food and drinks and stuff. So hubby and I are going to see one of favourite actors, Clint Eastwood, in Gran Torino. I love Clint! Never been to this sort of cinema before, can't wait.

I just had a look at their menu. Lots to choose from. We'll probably pick one of the platters - fisherman's, or mixed skewers (satay chicken & sesame beef). They also have gourmet pizza but I'm not crazy about any of the toppings they offer, too weird. I've picked out my wine - Penfolds Koonunga Hill Shiraz.

I reckon it'd be easy to spill food all over yourself, reclining back like that, in a dark cinema, eyes glued to Clint on the screen. So I won't wear anything special, that's for sure!

Old 01-29-2009, 05:45 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,616,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
The soup came out really good...it's a keeper recipe AND Nomad I thought of you because we had grilled cheese with Velveeta (reduced fat of course) to go with the soup.
With this cold front finally getting here soup and velveeta sandwiches here again maybe tomorrow night...Or maybe Saturday...And some chili..Just saw the red beans on the counter waiting for the soaking pot..

Old 01-29-2009, 05:48 PM

19,922 posts, read 11,045,949 times
Pasta and sausage with some veggies ... and yogurt and bananas for dessert.

Old 01-29-2009, 05:53 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,871,354 times
Nomad....I am shocked with all that cold weather you can deal with ice cream! LOL... I only eat it in the summer I just can't handle it in the cold. it makes me shiver from the inside out.... Right now I am cold enough as it is.... even my fingertips.... Oh well....

Grandma is doing ok.... under observation.....I don't know what I told you all.... After the testing they had her walk around... thought she might be able to go home and talk with her primary care through an appointment.... after debate they told her to get dressed... and she just passed out... so... obviously- she was told to stay.... I think it is the veza veggle (again I don't know how to spell it) but they are keeping an eye on her....

So... dinner I made quickly and it was BLAND chicken that DIVA ate up faster than I have ever seen her eat anything! AND she asked for seconds!!!!! I made a gravy with chicken broth and wine for hubby and me to add a bit of spunk- nothing I hate more than boring Chicken. Then I had creamed spinach, corn, and sweet potato fries..... It was a complete success!!!! Exactly what I needed after a stressful day...... no complaints and it really was somewhat of a comforting meal.....

Drinking some toffe flavored coffee right now and chilling out....but I am being paged by a four year old..... I am off.....

Old 01-29-2009, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
Nomad....I am shocked with all that cold weather you can deal with ice cream! LOL... I only eat it in the summer I just can't handle it in the cold. it makes me shiver from the inside out.... Right now I am cold enough as it is.... even my fingertips.... Oh well....
It was 83° today...Hard to call it winter. Just finished dinner and premium chocolate ice cream is being scooped as I type...

Welcome home Charley...

Old 01-29-2009, 06:12 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,871,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
It was 83° today...Hard to call it winter. Just finished dinner and premium chocolate ice cream is being scooped as I type...

Welcome home Charley...
LOL I got confused.... I think I need a nap to rest my eyes... (I can't believe I am actually SAYING that!)..... I thought you were saying it is cold there..... LOL.....

I would really like a bag of S&V chips btw....that kind of day........

Old 01-29-2009, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
LOL I got confused....
I would really like a bag of S&V chips btw....that kind of day........
I was confused and forgot to order the S&V...Hope I don't forget tomorrow... At least I just had a bowl of Heavenly Hash doctored with chocolate syrup...

Old 01-29-2009, 06:20 PM

2,489 posts, read 7,213,315 times
Amber your chicken recipe turned out wonderful. Kids and hubby loved it. Thank you so much. I served with peas and rice on the side. Definitely a keeper.

Old 01-29-2009, 06:36 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,012,211 times
just got the pernil ready to cook tomorrow, so sat down to catch up.....crazy day!

Old 01-29-2009, 06:39 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,061,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post

Welcome home Charley...
You get ice cream AGAIN? And what exactly have you done to deserve this fine treatment? I think I need a wife

And did you say Charley's back??????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink