Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2009, 04:40 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,627,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiegee40 View Post
My steak is marinading in Kshe's recipe. Looked closer at the packaging. No grade. Store label only says T-bone Steak. Other label says Star Ranch Natural Angus Beef. No added Hormones or Antibiotics. No Artificial Ingredients. Minimally Processed.

Nomad - What does minimally processed mean? It looks fully processed to me.
Hype...implies no preservatives maybe but ya know I've never heard of a fresh steak needed them...Sounds like ya got some grass fat range beef instead of corn fed... Each to their own...Range grass fed beef does not cook like corn fed...Another fact of life...You can make it good by processing...marinating is processing. If the market did it it would be bad, yet we do it and it is good....I don't know the answers except to pick and choose what I like...Down in my country we ship calves out to the west and mid west to be fed. Steaks come back. Much more economical to ship the calves than the grain they eat...If you want to know the facts and differences in the meats, buy one of each and cook with salt & pepper over charcoal....

OK as for my dinner:

Bacon, tomato, and onion gravy on white rice, pickled beats, and carrot salad...

Chocolate ice cream in the freezer for later...

Old 01-29-2009, 04:54 PM

4,604 posts, read 5,778,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Hype...implies no preservatives maybe but ya know I've never heard of a fresh steak needed them...Sounds like ya got some grass fat range beef instead of corn fed... Each to their own...Range grass fed beef does not cook like corn fed...Another fact of life...You can make it good by processing...marinating is processing. If the market did it it would be bad, yet we do it and it is good....I don't know the answers except to pick and choose what I like...Down in my country we ship calves out to the west and mid west to be fed. Steaks come back. Much more economical to ship the calves than the grain they eat...If you want to know the facts and differences in the meats, buy one of each and cook with salt & pepper over charcoal....

OK as for my dinner:

Bacon, tomato, and onion gravy on white rice, pickled beats, and carrot salad...

Chocolate ice cream in the freezer for later...
Thanks for the info. Guess I need to find some corn fed hefers. Tried to rep ya but as usual I can't. I don't seem to have that problem in the pet/dog forum.

Old 01-29-2009, 05:14 PM

172 posts, read 843,959 times
Quote:
What no carbs or veggies? Guess you are a meat and meat kind of guy. LOL Welcome to the best thread in CD
I definitely am a meat person

Old 01-29-2009, 05:15 PM

4,537 posts, read 9,192,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
... I finally found the little soup crocks that I needed to use in the oven. I remember those little brown crocks from the 70's and 80's. They used to be everywhere and now you can't find them ...
I found some of them at the local Goodwill Store as well as stoneware custard cups and other items that I missed from the past, and can no longer be found in the stores. I imagine that they will increasingly be a source for sought after items in these more frugal times

Old 01-29-2009, 05:15 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,746,160 times
The soup came out really good...it's a keeper recipe AND Nomad I thought of you because we had grilled cheese with Velveeta (reduced fat of course) to go with the soup.

Old 01-29-2009, 05:18 PM

48,149 posts, read 22,013,215 times
I have been looking for custard cups.....when I am in Japan, I will look there....custard is very popular....not as a desert but as a first course....it has a red bean in it. Their custard cups have a cover.

Old 01-29-2009, 05:36 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,269,134 times
Hey, Elston, when are you going to Japan?

Dinner tonight was hot dog for me, keilbasa for DH, Bush's baked beans, corn. Yep, good old comfort food.

Old 01-29-2009, 05:37 PM

2,489 posts, read 7,213,695 times
Well Amber my rosemary chicken kabob thingies are on the grill as we type and the sauce tastes and smells wonderful. I think this will be a new dish to our rotation. Amber's Chicken rosemary kabob thingies. LOL

Thank you for the suggestion.

Old 01-29-2009, 05:38 PM

3,459 posts, read 5,796,550 times
Quote:
Thanks for the info. Guess I need to find some corn fed hefers. Tried to rep ya but as usual I can't. I don't seem to have that problem in the pet/dog forum.
After you rep somebody, you have to rep 20 other people before you can rep that person again.

I'm not quite sure what dinner will be yet, but there's a couple pounds of pork butt roast in the pressure cooker. Shredded pork sandwiches are sounding good right now.

Old 01-29-2009, 05:41 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,319,742 times
Ah, I love you Amber! I love my grandson too! I am also so happy it's your turn to be mommy! Ha!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink