Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2009, 06:55 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,391,399 times

Advertisements

You guys/gals are the best!!

Old 02-03-2009, 07:49 AM

12,227 posts, read 21,597,630 times
Last night's spaghetti became frozen pizza, so tonight we will have Spaghetti and salad.

I am going to try this low-carb pasta I've heard a lot about - Dreamfields. It is about twice as expensive as what I usually buy but a lot healthier. I am told it tastes exactly the same.

Old 02-03-2009, 07:56 AM

4,604 posts, read 5,794,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
46 days of no smoking and I'll tell you this week-end was hard. One of my hardest. I am just very happy I don't have any cigarettes laying around because it might have been just to tempting. It seemed like I had heavy cravings all the time for a couple of days....not so bad today so far. I can certainly see why people start again after being smoke free for a month or more. I don't understand it. I thought once I got over the first few weeks I'd be home free!
I will be 3 YEARS for me in April and I still deal with the cravings. Not as bad as during the first 6 months but I still get them. You are doing great Cyn!! Just remember NOPE. Not One Puff Ever!! Don't worry about the cravings. It's just leftover habit. Just take one day at a time or one hour or one minute. Whatever you need to do to stay smoke free.

Old 02-03-2009, 08:07 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,267,736 times
Good Morning Foodie Friends!

I am preparing simple Italian red (gravy) sauce for Italian pork chops, spaghetti and salad for tonight.

Busy tearing the spare room up today, I have been wanting to tackle this for awhile. Have a wonderful afternoon. I will check back later. kelsie

Old 02-03-2009, 08:21 AM

48,375 posts, read 22,097,352 times
My house is not fully functional this week....we are having the kitchen, diningroom, living room and family room painted downstairs as well as an upstairs hall way and an accent wall with a cathedral ceiling/paladium window in the master bed roomIt is such a change to have color in the house.....it was ALL off-white and beige...I began to feel sensory deprived.

Dinner last night was Linguini with white clam sauce and a big salad....delicious!
......so whats for dinner tonight?....Any Ones Guess!

Old 02-03-2009, 08:24 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,226,605 times
Morning all...today is the start of my red meat and pork fest. Woo Hoo!!! Bacon hating husband is at the airport and my bacon is thawing in the fridge. LOL Tonight for dinner, yep you guessed it, BLT's. I don't care what else goes with it. I am going to savor every bite!!!!!

Cyn..way to go making it through the weekend. Keep up the good work!!!! As of tommorrow I will be back on the gum. I figure that will give me a good 5 months before I become a neurotic mess watching for hurricanes. LOL

Hope everyone has a great day!!!!

Old 02-03-2009, 08:38 AM

3,273 posts, read 2,978,024 times
Good morning! It's not so nice here, it's snowing!
YLisa, I hope that heavy snow doesn't come my way!!

Dinner tonight. I found a Flank Steak in the freezer, so, I am going to make Pepper Steak. I found this recipe many years ago in a Chinese cookbook. It truly tastes like the type you get in a Chinese restaurant. It's a lot of work (aren't all Chinese dishes) however, this time I cut up my red peppers (I don't care for green peppers) and froze them. One less thing to tackle for the meal. I can't wait to eat this since I only make it maybe twice a year.

Have a great day everyone! I'll probably check back late. I love this forum, you guys are some of the nicest I have met. What took me so long to find you??

Old 02-03-2009, 08:45 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,771,780 times
Elston my daughter is always playing with and changing colors. We went over to her house on Sunday for a bit and she had painted her living room Green Tea...it was gorgeous with the white trim. It brings out every single color in every picture and decoration she has in the room as well as making the room look twice as big. She has a coffee color in her dining room and a butter yellow in her kitchen and it all compliments each other so well.
I think I have her convinced to come to my house and do that color in my bedroom...

Old 02-03-2009, 08:53 AM

7,363 posts, read 2,760,307 times
Good morning all. Expecting a high of 65 today...any of you are more than welcome to send some of the wet stuff (right now I don't care what form it's in) my way. It's been so long since we had anything fall from the sky, I think I've forgotten what it looks like.

Cyn, hang in there with the no-smoking.

Today for dinner, I'm thinking enchiladas, then chores before I fall into bed. I have now worked 21 straight days with a couple of double shifts in there....it's getting really old now (or maybe I am...didn't used to bother me as much).

Hope all of you have a great day.

Old 02-03-2009, 09:02 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,902,267 times
I Am Woman-OMG-21 days you must be exhausted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink