Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2009, 09:16 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,953,928 times

Advertisements

I was reading back this weekend and I forgot to mention that, I too, take meds for acid reflux every day. (Prescription Prilosec) I have been taking it since I was 24 and I bring it up now because I need a refill. I haven't taken a pill in 3 days and boy do I feel it. Gotta run to the pharmacy after work today and get my new stash.

Anyway, tonight is leftover Superbowl food -- ribs, pizza, and mac salad. After today, I am going on a healthy food binge and drinking only water for two weeks!! (until BF's 30th bday!!)

Old 02-03-2009, 09:25 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,879,325 times
Go get it Highlands as I learned at not so nice lesson from reflux.

Old 02-03-2009, 09:30 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,218,692 times
cyn but does living rural have more positive than negatives? 46 days maybe helps to live rural when craving comes eh? Great job! Let me add one more piece of advice the feds are viewing a 61¢ per pack cigarette tax right now!

skbs have fun with the play date today!

elston great encouraging! How is DP's tummy doing?

YLisa we are getting snow right now but no blizzard warnings here. I don't mind what we are getting when I think about how much Lacey has gotten. Stay safe!

Debsi let us know how the low carb pasta goes please!

HLover enjoy your special meal I am glad you are here as well!

I Am Woman I am hearing you "roar" with working those long days back to back!

HG good luck on your eating changes! I only drink water you'd think I would be twiggy by now.

It is over cast with the snow coming down steady here today suppose to end up with about an inch. Yesterday we warmed up enough to melt a lot of what was on the ground, roads are clear but ditches and yards aren't yet.

Tonight I am making Outback's Alice Spring Chicken haven't decided what sides yet. This chicken is so yummy I could just eat it by itself if it were just me eating.

Need to go put in a prayer request that is food related!

Old 02-03-2009, 09:33 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,879,325 times
Say have we been missing JohnInScranton?

Old 02-03-2009, 09:37 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,953,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Go get it Highlands as I learned at not so nice lesson from reflux.
I know....my mom's valve is completely shot. In fact, I think she has Barrett's esophagus???

Old 02-03-2009, 09:38 AM

7,343 posts, read 2,749,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
I Am Woman-OMG-21 days you must be exhausted.
Nah, past exhausted...more like numb! And, it was soooo much easier 30 years ago! Fortunately, I love my job (just not all the hours so much). Hopefully, I will get a day off tomorrow so I play catch up with all the things stacking up here at home (or not), and I am training a new employee, so maybe that will help some in 3-4 months when I can cut her loose!

I just wake up every day reminding myself, "I love my job, I love my job, I really love my job!" Then I thank the good Lord I have a job...and this place to come to so I can unwind.

Good friends, good food.....

Old 02-03-2009, 09:41 AM

48,263 posts, read 22,052,974 times
Default Colors

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Hi elston

I was just about to PM you. How did the painting come out? What colors did you choose? And I hope you love it.
The painting is still ongoing.....we chose a very rich saturated yellow/gold (Sherwin Willimas....Summerfield) for the DR and LR...he is doing the second coat now and it transforms the rooms....they look wonderful! The painter was a bit unsure of our choice....but seems to agree with us that it is really outstanding. The windows and ceiling are still White and the rug is beige in the LR and the floor is hard wood birch in the DR with an oriental style rug under the table with tones of gold and green and blue and the table and chairs are mission style with the seats in a gold and blue green terracotta weave.....once the art is back on the walls it should be a knock out.

He will start the kitchen and living area..this afternoon.....we choose a light but lively tone of green called Dancing Green for the main part of the area with a bright breakfast alcove a darker shade called "overt green".

The upstairs hallway will be a very pale shade of the same family of green called Lime Granita. An accent wall in our bedroom with cathederal ceiling and paladium window...will be antique red...with the rest of the walls the off white the builder had used.

Old 02-03-2009, 09:43 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,219,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
The painting is still ongoing.....we chose a very rich saturated yellow/gold (Sherwin Willimas....Summerfield) for the DR and LR...he is doing the second coat now and it transforms the rooms....they look wonderful! The painter was a bit unsure of our choice....but seems to agree with us that it is really outstanding. The windows and ceiling are still White and the rug is beige in the LR and the floor is hard wood birch in the DR with an oriental style rug under the table with tones of gold and green and blue and the table and chairs are mission style with the seats in a gold and blue green terracotta weave.....once the art is back on the walls it should be a knock out.

He will start the kitchen and living area..this afternoon.....we choose a light tone of green called Dancing Green for the main part of the area with a breakfast alcove we are doing and a darker shade called "overt green".

The upstairs hallway will be a very pale shade of the same family of green called Lime Granita. An accent wall in our bedroom with cathederal ceiling and paladium window...will be antique red...with the rest of the walls the off white the builder had used.

That sounds beautiful....

Old 02-03-2009, 09:44 AM

4,604 posts, read 5,786,232 times
That does sound beautiful elston. I also had only off white walls until last year. Color is a wonderful thing!!!

Old 02-03-2009, 09:46 AM

4,604 posts, read 5,786,232 times
Last night was leftover red beans/ham. Not sure tonight. I have some leftover chicken breast that were flattened/brushed with ranch dressing/breaded with Italian bread crumbs and baked. I think I'm going to make a easy chicken parmasain.....or something like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink