Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 05:06 PM

8,051 posts, read 10,644,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
Chocolate Eclairs. Or Napoleons. Or Krispy Kremes (when the sign is blinking).

If I had to eat real food, it would be lasagna and a lot of Italian bread and butter.
I'm not wasting one minute of chewing on salad. But I will eat little tiny green peas. Or corn. Or even Brussels Sprouts. Bring on the shrimp. Or hardshell crabs. Vegetable Beef soup. Corn Chowda. And some more of that Italian bread 'n butter please.

I'm sure I forgot something. Oh! Of course! Bacon. Ever since I had a pig valve installed in my aorta, I crave bacon. Crispy, please. On a plate. On a roll. On a peanut butter sandwich. With or without eggs.

Just don't forget the chocolate eclairs. Thank you.

There's just one problem. I'm not doing the dishes.

Man, this all sounds GREAT. Forgot about the Krispy Kremes. Hot, straight off the conveyer belt - nothing like 'em, pure bliss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2013, 05:19 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,047,252 times
All the foods! ALL OF THEM! (I'm such a pig.)

Old 06-16-2013, 05:29 PM

8,051 posts, read 10,644,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Frozen Hashbrowns 1 Lb is fine

1 can of cream of chicken soup or cream of mushroom soup
1 16 ounce container of sour cream
1 stick of butter
1 2 cup package of shredded cheddar cheese
chopped onion if you like onion
crumbled up corn flakes or frosted flakes

put butter and onion in a big frying pan and saute, add the soup, sour cream and shredded cheddar until everything is melted

pour over the frozen hashbrowns, top with the crumbled up corn flakes or frosted flakes

bake in 450 oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour

some recipes say 350 for 30 minutes, honestly I don't really remember the exact degree but I know everything else in the recipe without even looking it up I have made them so often. Also, I use a rectangular cake pan and grease it with butter before you put in the hashbrowns. If you use the rectangular cake pan "Double" the entire recipe and be sure to use an LARGE DEEP pan to melt everything in.

Thanks so much for this! I printed it out, going to make this one night this week. I've got everything but the corn flakes.

Old 06-16-2013, 08:50 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,708,450 times
Start off with cheese popcorn and a big cup of chai tea. Then a few slices of cheesecake with various toppings. Then a pizza with onions and extra tomatoes, no cheese. A tall frosty glass of root beer.

A pile of home made fried onion rings, and then another big pile of them. A large container of home made coconut ice cream from the local ice cream place, all natural and freshly made. A bloody mary. A warm cakey fudge dessert with the molten fudge dripping off it with real whipped cream.

Then a big warm Yorkshire pudding right from the oven with some gravy over it. A cold glass of water with chipped ice and a squirt of lemon and a bit of sugar after all than and then onto a gushy home made pastry filled with a creamy substance made from real coffee. A fancy dish of choco mint ice cream, maybe garnished with a mint leaf--something pretty to end the day. lol

Old 06-16-2013, 09:12 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,444,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
I MUST have this recipe.
Just google " Mormon funeral potatoes"

Old 06-16-2013, 09:16 PM

4,587 posts, read 4,219,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Well let's see. We'll start things of with pigs in blankets (mini hotdogs wrapped with pillsbury crescent roll dough). We'll add some mini mushroom puffs in phylo dough (or is it spelled filo? Whatever - you know what I mean).

Now we must have crudites with a variety of dips - dill dip, onion dip, queso dip, crab dip.

Next up - asiago bagels, toasted, with salty belly lox, cream cheese, raw red onion, and capers.

To cleanse our palate for the main course, we need a plate of bacon. Eight slices.

For the entree, I'm thinking lazy man's lobster, aka lobster pie. That'd be the meat of 2 lobsters, in a baking dish, topped with a breadcrumb, crab, and butter crumble mixture, and baked.

For the vegetable, of course there must be spring mix with herbs (parsley and dill, omg what a combo), with REAL caesar dressing, italian bread garlic croutons, and super-sweet grape tomatoes. Adorned with two anchovies, crossed right on top.

It's time for that 8-slice bacon segue.

Of course no "all day meal" is complete without soup. Lobster bisque. In case you haven't noticed, it's Seafood Day in AnonChickWorld.

Let's have a nice intermezzo of bacon. Eight slices.

Dessert: Ben & Jerry's Coffee Heath Bar Crunch. And a side order of a freshly-made waffle cone dipped in chocolate, and rolled in chopped walnuts.

Four more slices of bacon to prepare us for a final dessert:

Creme brulee.

We can do a midnight apertif of a pina colada, and a side of bacon.

I think I need a cigarette after reading that!

Old 06-16-2013, 09:32 PM

4,587 posts, read 4,219,635 times
Hardee's Monster burger
Hardee's Frisco burger
Wendy's Baconator
McDonald's french fries
Egg rolls
Krispy Kreme donuts (hot)
Belgian waffles
Heath bars
Brownies
Hot fudge sundaes

Old 06-16-2013, 10:06 PM

302 posts, read 474,400 times
Jack-in the-Box tacos!!

Old 06-16-2013, 11:57 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,273,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
Thanks so much for this! I printed it out, going to make this one night this week. I've got everything but the corn flakes.

If you use frosted flakes it just adds a wee bit of sweetness but not much so you can switch it up a bit if you want.

Old 06-16-2013, 11:58 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,273,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKittehs View Post
Jack-in the-Box tacos!!

OMGosh..........I go to Illinois JUST TO GET THESE.......yes I know I am pathetic but I do it anyway. A minimum 3 hour drive just for jack in the box tacos and a Dr. Pepper...sad but true
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink