Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2009, 06:34 AM

1,113 posts, read 3,495,189 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2009, 07:02 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,554,748 times
I;m not sure if they are discontinued YET, but I can't find them anywhere anymore.

Coconut M&Ms

Old 10-17-2009, 09:08 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Nope, the only thing like that I remember like that that doesn't seem to be around is "Five Alive".
I loved that when I was a kid! My mom worked in a grocery store and I used to call her all the time and ask her to bring that home. OK Robyn.

I would call back. Can you bring home 2?

LOL. Wonder if her boss wanted to kill me?

Old 10-17-2009, 09:10 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satx56 View Post
Squirt the original!! Swel icing mix!!
Icing mix? Like for a cake? I love the soda. I get the diet.

Old 10-19-2009, 02:06 PM

1,731 posts, read 4,684,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexei27 View Post
Planters Cheese Balls...cannot find them anywhere!
Ooh. I forgot all about those. Those were the bomb. We would only be able to buy them when they were on sale lol which wasn't often. I wonder why they discontinued those. I always thought they were really popular.

Old 10-19-2009, 03:44 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,397,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davi78239 View Post
don't know if it's been mentioned yet here but Crystal Pepsi
I liked Crystal Pepsi, not regular Peps.

I think the clear made people feel like they weren't buying anything because it was a cola type flavor, not lemon-lime.

Like a friend of mine said one time when we were talking about the demise of Crystal Pepsi, "People just have to have their caramel coloring."

Old 10-20-2009, 06:34 PM

50,376 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaKaren View Post
Sorry to go off post, but I wanted to give thanks to everyone helping me look for Postum or a replacement drink for my Dad. I promise I am looking into every response and if it's out there, we'll find it and I'll get it. City-Data people are the best! Have a good day.
Vermont Country Store online sells a lot of old products that are not readily available. They don't sell Postum, but the sell a product they say is comparable.

I miss Kraft Nippy Cheese. It came in a roll in the dairy case and I used to make a good cheese dip with it... the one where you pull the center out of a round loaf of pumpernickle and use the bread chunks for dipping.

Old 10-20-2009, 06:49 PM

4,885 posts, read 7,289,856 times
When i was a kid my grandmother would buy round bread. It was a white bread but round in shape. Haven't seen it in years.

Old 10-20-2009, 08:11 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,985,416 times
In the mid-late 60's there was a soft drink produced by Dr Pepper. It was called Pommac. I still remember the flavor with regret that it never became a big seller where I could still buy it.

In looking it up to see if it was anything I recalled or just dreamt (remember, it was in the 60's and a lot of other things were consumed then) I googled it.

Quote:
Pommac, the Swedish soft drink brand, has been around for more than 80 years, but interest in the product shows no sign of flagging. In fact, this year the drink is likely to be top of many people's shopping list, according to the fashion magazine Wallpaper, which has included it in its annual list of favourite products.

Pommac dates back to 1919 and is manufactured to the original recipe and stored in oak barrels for three months before being bottled. Pommac is a truly Nordic brand, with the raw material for the drink manufactured and stored at the Swedish plant owned by Danish ingredients group Danisco, and the finished beverage produced at the Carlsberg brewery in Sweden and the Hartwall brewery in Finland.

It was the Swedish pharmacist Anders Lindahl who created the recipe for Pommac in 1919. The beverage was regarded as sophisticated because it contained more than 25 different flavours from fruits and berries. The name was inspired by the Champagne brand Pommery and by Cognac, which were accordingly combined to make Pommac.

Pommac differs from other carbonated drinks because of the fact that the raw material is stored in oak barrels for at least three months before the final beverage is made - another throwback to the fine wine and brandy which inspired the drink's name.

While widely known in the Nordic region, Pommac has a relatively small following outside the region, although joint venture with Dr Pepper in the 1960s means that there is still a large number of American consumers who remember the brand with fondness.
Pommac to expand on Nordic roots?

Now that I know it is still in production I am going to have to see where I can buy it............

Old 10-21-2009, 10:54 AM

2,543 posts, read 4,886,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusySocialWorker View Post
Jumping Jack Cheese Doritos
Taco Supreme Doritos

My kids eat Fruit roll ups all the time!

Are Fruit Roll Ups still around?? Wow! I miss them. I did love those.

I too miss the Taco Supreme Doritos (therapy food for me after a good cry or if I was really angry at something).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink