Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2013, 11:06 AM

233 posts, read 417,891 times

Advertisements

I hate everything about eating out.
I hate that it costs 5 times as much as I can make it for. I hate waiting for a table. I hate waiting for the food. I hate it when they give you a thousand choices and then get mad when you don't decide quickly. I hate that a soda costs $3. I hate that the other people with me just play on their phones the whole time, or if I'm alone there's absolutely nothing to do. I hate the kids running around. I hate that restaurants hardly ever take my American Express card.
I don't eat out much.

Old 10-08-2013, 11:51 AM

1,682 posts, read 3,448,503 times
#firstworldproblems

Old 10-08-2013, 12:18 PM

4,899 posts, read 6,225,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almrausch View Post
Long time ago we stopped eating out,unless we are on a trip. I hate when people serve you lukewarm meals. I hate when they bring you the plates or drinks having their thumbs literally on the plate or the hands on the frame of the glass where you drink with your mouth. When we stop anywhere to get coffee I constantly run in that problem. And lastly I hate when they clear the table while you are still eating. Where the heck are nowadays the manners?In my opinion Restaurant owners and stuff need to have superb training how to serve customers,how to set and clear a table and definitely more about hygiene!
Here's a about servers picking a glass or mug up with their fingers on the rim. It happens
90% of the time. If I owned a restaurant that would be one of my top NO NO's. One more thing,
and this has gotten out of hand everywhere. At the restaurant the host greeted us by saying "Hi, you
guys." The waiter said "you guys 5 times and when we left, got another one "Have a nice day, you
guys." #@!^$&*$%&*+(&*^%$$^^& errrrr!!!!!! I am not a guy. It would be much easier to say
"Hello, welcome to______or thank you, have a nice day or is everything ok with the meal?

Old 10-08-2013, 12:21 PM

2,966 posts, read 5,217,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roscomac View Post
#firstworldproblems

Yea, I said it was in my OP at the start of my rant on page 1

We all need a little vent sometime.

Old 10-08-2013, 12:39 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,887,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey teach View Post
My biggest annoyance when eating out is not getting the order prepared correctly. I have some very specific food allergies, which can be easily manages with the omission of certain ingredients. I am careful about ordering and always specific with my server that this is a food allergy issue. Recently, we had dinner at a local establishment we eat at frequently. I ordered an entree I order regularly and was specific about the omission. When my food came there it was right on top. When I sent it back, I was told "why that is so good like that." Once again I explained about the food allergy and the dish was taken back. A few minutes later the dish was returned and obviously had not been replaced, but an attempt to scrape off the offending ingredients had been made. AT this point I asked for management.
Yep. Been there. My husband has Celiac disease, so no wheat anything. Once we went through the entire thing with the waitress, 'cuz honestly she didn't look like she understood. So, over and over, we asked her about everything we were going to order. Were the chips gluten free? Was there any wheat in the spinach artichoke dip? Emphasized the whole problem repeatedly. He ordered a steak and a baked potato. Should have been safe, right? She brought out his nice perfect looking steak....with a huge pile of french fried onion strings on top. Sigh.

Old 10-08-2013, 12:56 PM

50,778 posts, read 36,474,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sminthian View Post
I hate everything about eating out.
I hate that it costs 5 times as much as I can make it for. I hate waiting for a table. I hate waiting for the food. I hate it when they give you a thousand choices and then get mad when you don't decide quickly. I hate that a soda costs $3. I hate that the other people with me just play on their phones the whole time, or if I'm alone there's absolutely nothing to do. I hate the kids running around. I hate that restaurants hardly ever take my American Express card.
I don't eat out much.
I still like eating out, but I love diners the best. At home I just wouldn't make fried shrimp (my usual diner order, fried jumbo shrimp with a side of spaghetti, yum). I think it depends where you go. I don't like really fancy places (don't want an eye roll when I ask for ketchup with my shrimp), nor do I like chains. Luckily I live in the diner capital of the world!

Old 10-08-2013, 01:26 PM

233 posts, read 417,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I still like eating out, but I love diners the best. At home I just wouldn't make fried shrimp (my usual diner order, fried jumbo shrimp with a side of spaghetti, yum). I think it depends where you go. I don't like really fancy places (don't want an eye roll when I ask for ketchup with my shrimp), nor do I like chains. Luckily I live in the diner capital of the world!
Ocean City New Jersey? I used to live in Sea Isle City...

Old 10-08-2013, 01:27 PM

626 posts, read 1,348,249 times
Not sure if its been said since I didnt read all 12 pages of comments...buuuuut my top three are...

1. The server reaching over my plate of food
2. The check being placed on my table with my dinner and never seeing the server again
and last but not least
3. Someone vacuuming the area while Im eating (Yes, even if its just a little "sweeper" and not a vacuum--lol I was actually told this by a manager when I complained on my way out, after the fact.)

Old 10-08-2013, 01:35 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,915,856 times
A table full of diners, all yakking on their cell phones....

Old 10-08-2013, 01:36 PM

5,193 posts, read 5,762,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdubose View Post
Not sure if its been said since I didnt read all 12 pages of comments...buuuuut my top three are...

1. The server reaching over my plate of food
2. The check being placed on my table with my dinner and never seeing the server again
and last but not least
3. Someone vacuuming the area while Im eating (Yes, even if its just a little "sweeper" and not a vacuum--lol I was actually told this by a manager when I complained on my way out, after the fact.)
That has to be one of the all time offenses!

All of the dirt, dust and junk on the floor is stirred up and guess where it eventually settles.

Nothing like dust mites with your linguini and clams.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink