Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 06:31 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,114,938 times

Advertisements

I think most people who shop there already know their products are way more expensive than other stores but just don't care. Now it seems there was some misrepresentation as well. Will you stop shopping there now?

Whole Foods Overcharged Customers, Investigation Finds
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2014, 06:59 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,241,153 times
the whole foods shoppers are the blind organic misled consumers that want to believe whole foods is a sanctuary grocery store,

they've been duped for years,,,but whole foods is more than a grocery store, it stands as a "cause"
FOR what they believe in and AGAINST what they believe a traditional grocery store sells

organic,, free range, locally grown, grass fed, vegetarian fed, sustainability, humanely treated, minimum impact, no gmo's
these are all buzz words whole foods uses to sell products for 50-60% margins,,,

whole foods has been consistently caught for mislabeling foods- but most of the shoppers don't care,,,they have drank the kool aid, and like it.

Old 06-24-2014, 07:08 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,606,010 times
Ah, vindication.

Old 06-24-2014, 07:39 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,722,601 times
I find over and under priced food all the time everywhere I shop.

Every single one of you every where you shop has been over and undercharged without your knowledge.

Old 06-24-2014, 07:45 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,184,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
I find over and under priced food all the time everywhere I shop.

Every single one of you every where you shop has been over and undercharged without your knowledge.
The point is all of the die hard WF shoppers have refused to admit
they could possibly ever be overcharged, lol
Big difference.
I was in Aldi about a year ago, ran into get something minor,
but as I rushed through the aisle I came across a product that I just saw at WF; identical brand/product.
The price was jacked up by WF 3 times what Aldi was charging

Old 06-24-2014, 07:58 PM

5,652 posts, read 6,991,741 times
Heck, Stew Leonard's was profiled in Tom Peter's "In Search of Excellence" and was nailed for short-weighting.

I'm going to suggest that this probably isn't all that uncommon as one might think. In WF's case, it seems most of the infractions weren't for groceries/produce but for "ready-to-eat" stuff where they didn't subtract the weight of the container/packaging. I've seen counterpeople tare the scales at the WF where I used to shop occasionally, so this might be a CA-only thing.

Old 06-24-2014, 07:58 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,722,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
The point is all of the die hard WF shoppers have refused to admit
they could possibly ever be overcharged, lol
Big difference.
I was in Aldi about a year ago, ran into get something minor,
but as I rushed through the aisle I came across a product that I just saw at WF; identical brand/product.
The price was jacked up by WF 3 times what Aldi was charging

The point is that most people don't give a damn and are taken advantage of across all income levels and status classes.

Old 06-24-2014, 08:08 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,114,938 times
and as we all know WF is THE place to shop if you want to appear with it. Pure status seeking...like the girl in high school wearing the uncomfortable shoes but they are THE shoes popular girls wear so she will suffer all day for the perception of her coolness.

Old 06-24-2014, 08:11 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,741,023 times
Some of their items are actually cheaper than regular grocery store items. Such as eggs, real butter, blue corn chips, etc. These of course are the 365 brand items and I generally only purchase the items that are cheaper there than anywhere else, which isn't much.

They do overprice for a lot of stuff, practically almost everything. Costco has a decent selection of bulk organic items that are a fraction of the price.

Old 06-24-2014, 08:13 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,741,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
and as we all know WF is THE place to shop if you want to appear with it. Pure status seeking...like the girl in high school wearing the uncomfortable shoes but they are THE shoes popular girls wear so she will suffer all day for the perception of her coolness.
For people that go in and purchase select items yes you are correct. It's essentially a luxury food store. They do have some quality products though, way better quality than other chains for certain, but the price isn't always justified.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink