Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 08:47 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,929,454 times

Advertisements

Long ago,
In the old days people use to cary vinegar and either take it before or during the meal while eating some one else's food.
I find that it neutralizes the gas effect of beans.
And in some occasions when I have been poisoned by foul food, I evacuate immediately, the moment I have the slightest indication something's wrong, and take a shot 4oz. of strait cider vinegar, and I have little effect of the illness or none what so ever.
Notice that a main ingredient in catsup is vinegar and it does not need refrigeration .
Fail to refrigerate tomato sauce with out vinegar, and you have one serious poison.
Vinegar is good for the diet as well .
I prefer cider vinegar.
Secondly ,
Dad taught me a principle making a comparison of families we knew personally.
Families that were paranoid over cleanliness, the kids were sickly and weak . Families that let the kids play in dirt and play out side were significantly more healthy. their immune system has an opportunity to exercise it's self and develop.
If a family had the measles,mumps, or chicken pox, down the road you were sent to spend the night to get the malady over with in your youth .
They are unpleasant, but if not dealt with in one's youth, are more severe as an adult.
We have a lot of people with especially weak immune systems in this society due to over protection , in the future if things go unchanged medicine or the control there of, will deliberately control the population.
The ACA is a significant move in that direction.
I have observed a lot of incompetence or deliberate sabotage in the health of others, dependent on modern medicine.
1. I pray and give thanks,and ask God's blessing for my food before I eat.( I have corrected my attitude when I noticed the prayer was mechanical and not genuine, it makes a difference ) (They with out a relationship, have no connection)
2. I pay attention to my senses ,smell, looks , taste,
3. I evacuate and use vinegar, if and when I suspect something is wrong.
4. I put vinegar, or foods with vinegar in them, while eating places I do not trust completely, even sometimes those I frequent often.
Places I have gotten sick, or fought questionable food, I notify the management so they can do something about it, your silence and no longer being there, does not tell them any thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2014, 08:59 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,929,454 times
I have not tried it ,but E coli might be effectively dealt with using colloidal silver.
Taking colloidal silver , one would have to recharge their digestive system a while after-word with a probiotic like yogurt .
How much would I take if I were seriously ill .I'd probably drink a cup of colloidal silver 40 ppm .
I don't use it often nor do I abuse it .no chance of turning blue.
I make my own, and use it for my animals and personal injuries cuts burns bruises and such .

Old 09-11-2014, 09:26 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,027,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
4. I put vinegar, or foods with vinegar in them, while eating places I do not trust completely, even sometimes those I frequent often
Why would you frequent a place often if you don't trust their food?

Old 09-11-2014, 09:43 AM

16,394 posts, read 30,292,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
No, not one bit paranoid. I have eaten at places all over the world, places without any resemblance to "western" style health codes, inspections, etc.

I think the whole food sickness though real, is very overstated. It is obvious that it does happen, should be watched out for and prevented, but I would never curtail eating out because of it, that is just an irrational fear. You can just as likely get food sickness from your home cooked meals, an established chain restaurant, individual owned place to eat, etc.

I agree with you.

Last year, I had a salad prepared at a large supermarket and that was the last thing I had eaten. With 18 hours, I was very ill. I went to my doctor's office the next day.

I thought that I had "food poisoning.". The doctor disagreed but did test for it. He was right as the tests later showed. It was a bad intestinal flu.

People are too ready to accuse restaurants for any illness that happens to them.

Old 09-11-2014, 10:04 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,859,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post

People are too ready to accuse restaurants for any illness that happens to them.
According to the CDC 1 out of 6 people get some form of foodborne illness ever year.

Old 09-11-2014, 10:08 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,276,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
According to the CDC 1 out of 6 people get some form of foodborne illness ever year.
That's not necessarily all in restaurants.

Old 09-11-2014, 10:21 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,859,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
That's not necessarily all in restaurants.

As I mentioned early in this thread, my friend's son nearly died from e-coli from a salad prepared at home from tainted spinach purchased at Kroger .

Old 09-11-2014, 10:23 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
Newsflash: you can get food poisoning at home, too.

Old 09-11-2014, 10:26 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
Also, since gastrointestinal symptoms can begin 6 hours to 3 DAYS from the time you ingested the offending food, the truth is you are not likely to really know where you got "poisoned" (never mind throwing in that it could have just been a virus your kid brought home, etc).

Old 09-11-2014, 10:29 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,231,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Newsflash: you can get food poisoning at home, too.
But you're also in control of what goes on in your kitchen and can take the necessary precautions. In restaurants, you have to put a lot of trust in everyone who is involved in the process of getting your food to you.

Arleigh, there are a lot of health benefits to drinking vinegar. It is supposed to help with chronic pain and cycle problems with women. I drink it daily.

Also I prepared a chicken stew in the crockpot last week and decided to taste it for flavor an hour and a half into cooking. After I tasted it I found that all the chicken was still raw. I instinctively downed a tablespoon of vinegar just in case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink