Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2009, 08:36 PM

2,489 posts, read 7,212,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
OK, must tell y'all.........I am sitting here checking all my messages, when DH puts on one of his old 33 records (OLDDDDD country - not my cup of tea, but hey, whatcha gonna do) anyhow, grabs me by one hand and pulls me up out of the chair, and we "cut us a rug"! LOL We did a combination/variation of the waltz, the bump, the disco thing, and probably some stuff I don't think has a name yet! LOL I am so glad no one could see us, but it was fun! (This is no mean feat considering my back - bourbon does have it's uses!
Aww that sounds like fun. I try to get my hubby to do that every once in awhile and he looks at me like I'm nuts. How fun!!!!

Old 04-25-2009, 08:55 PM

424 posts, read 1,676,214 times
Default Salmon and grits

I'm culling the pantry and fridge of late, so I had to do something with that tall can of Double Q Pink Salmon. Basically, it is grits into which canned salmon, some grilled onions, a white sauce, and usually some cream cheese or sour cream are stirred...then the whole thing is heated up nicely in the oven and served.

You either like it or it gags you.

Old 04-25-2009, 09:16 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,350,665 times
Salad, grilled chicken, green beans, and rice pilaf.

It was pretty good if I do say so myself, especially the company I shared it with.

Old 04-26-2009, 05:16 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Good morning all-Kats you are a riot-sitting here just picturing you cutting that rug.

MWBW-hope DS feels better today-you were so looking forward to his visit.

All you gardening I'm jealous-it's at least Mem'l Day before we can do anything.
Back in NJ I grew pots of rosemary, tarragon, parsley, basil, chives.

Happy Sunday all.

Old 04-26-2009, 05:46 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times
Looks like we are the first ones here Lacey! Another beautiful day here. I think we are going over to our friends today and we are going to help her cut some trees and branches she has laying around from the winter storms. She and my DH are both orginally from Mich. and have a very long past....she was married to a NASCAR race guy and my DH was his best friend and did his transmissions. Her DH did what many do in that business and up and left her and their family---sad. But she has remained our friend forever! A wonderful person! I have no clue when we are going or when we will get back so dinner has not even been thought about yet.

Old 04-26-2009, 06:10 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,870,333 times
Rain today Had about 40 minutes of weeding yesterday..... I need so much more. I have a field of about 40 acres in my backyard and it just killed me this year with the tumble weeds and rain we have had so far. I didn't get a chance to get out and clear it all out as quickly as I normally do.... I am paying the price. OH WELL.....

Dinner last night was on the grill... Rochester's famous WHITE HOTS, Chicken Apple Maple Sausage, and the kids Red Hots.... Mac Salad, Amish Potato Salad, Wax Beans, Corn, and Chips.... but the rain hit so we ate inside.....

Tonight is the last day of the kids break and we have left overs from last night so we are going to try and pack in the stuff they wanted to do this week.... and then we will munch on left overs tonight.... Enjoy your Sunday.... hope YOURS is Sunny!

Old 04-26-2009, 06:21 AM

48,138 posts, read 22,007,656 times
Supper tonight will be liver and onions! I know many dont like it.....but I love it. I havent seen beef liver in the market for quite awhile.....have made do with chicken livers....but yesterday they had lovely fresh beef liver....so I grabbed some and got some thick hickory smoked bacon and sweet onions for frying. With some mashed potatoes and sweet peas....I will be one happy man. (Fortunately my DP also enjoys liver.....but even if he didnt after all the mackerel I put up with....he couldnt say a word.) LOL

Old 04-26-2009, 06:35 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times
Ah yes elston---liver, onions and bacon--one of my all time favorites. It seemed years ago DH and I always managed to have a disagreement on the nights we were having liver and now he thinks it is bad luck so we don't enjoy it often... How silly!

Old 04-26-2009, 06:49 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Someone can have my share of liver, thank you. Not a taste I ever acquired. In grade school, I had a friend from a large family. Her mom would cook up a huge batch of bacon, put it in the bottom of a platter, then cover the bacon with cooked liver. Now, bacon was a big treat for these kids, but no one could have a slice of bacon until every bit of liver was gone. She was one smart lady!

DH is at his hangout today, so I'll be on my own for dinner. No idea what I'm having, but I'm sure it'll real quick and real easy.

Enjoy your day.

Old 04-26-2009, 06:50 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
This is unbelieveable-we also are having liver/bacon/onions but with baked sweet potatoes and peas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink