Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2009, 04:59 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,192,320 times

Advertisements

We are cleaning out the fridge tonight for supper. Had a late lunch so it will be awhile longer before the microwave starts working non stop for a bit.

skbs glad you found out about Chatterbox now how is Diva's tummy doing?

Nomad did you make that pizza?

Lacey your supper sounded better to me than pizza girl!

Old 05-30-2009, 05:34 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,597,475 times
You guys are panko crazed. I've had it on things at restaurants and really liked it. Never noticed it at the grocery store, though. Is it usually with Asian foods, flour, bread crumbs?

Old 05-30-2009, 05:37 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,294,175 times
The panko made a HUGE difference in the porkchops! They were outstanding, and DH kept raving over them.

Old 05-30-2009, 05:39 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,267,642 times
Roasted lemon pepper chicken, Knorr's chicken "fried" rice, home made baked beans, peas, fresh cuke, cranberry sauce. Very good.

Old 05-30-2009, 06:15 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,316,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
You guys are panko crazed. I've had it on things at restaurants and really liked it. Never noticed it at the grocery store, though. Is it usually with Asian foods, flour, bread crumbs?
In the stores around my house the Panko is in the Asian food section. They just started carrying Panko made by Progresso.

Old 05-30-2009, 06:20 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,597,475 times
Default !

Thanks Cyn! Can't believe I haven't noticed it before - I shop in that aisle pretty often. I'll check it out next time

Kats those chops do sound good! Mmm NMS, I love cranberry sauce!

Old 05-30-2009, 06:21 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,616,968 times
No pulled pork pizza tonight. I finally got some tortilla chips and homemade dip in me. I did get some ready made crusts to use as soon as feel up to it. I think I use the BBQ pulled pork and some pineapple and jalapeno peppers on it. I got two crusts and two pounds of cheese. Got a big sweet onion to put on them too. I not go hungry.

Old 05-30-2009, 06:25 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,337,594 times
Had a lovely, quiet, low-key day, including a three-hour nap this afternoon (and that's after sleeping nearly twelve hours last night!) and I am beginning to feel almost human again at last. I'm so grateful for a weekend with no major chores, tasks or obligations! I feel like a slacker just goofing off all day, but I have to admit that I really, really needed a day like this one.

Since it's a lovely, sunny, not-too-hot day in south-central Wisconsin, the spouse hauled out the grill and grilled up a pair of to-die-for porterhouse steaks that we bought from our favorite meat vendor at the Farmers' Market this morning. They were a perfect medium-rare, nicely smoky from the wood chips he laid over the charcoal, and absolutely wonderful. He made home-fries in duck fat for a starch, and sauteed the pea vines that we got in the CSA box this morning for a green veg. The pea vines were, well, interesting. Pretty tough and fibrous, frankly, though nicely flavored with the olive oil, garlic and touch of soy that he used. But fibrous pea vines notwithstanding, it was a fine supper, and I am mightily content.

Happy Saturday evening, all, see you tomorrow.

Old 05-30-2009, 06:30 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,400,511 times
Hi all. Just checking in. We had a beautiful day and my DH and I worked our butts off on the front yard. It was feel good work and it the yard looks so much better. I am going to fall into bed and crash tonight.

skbs- So glad you found out what was wrong with chatterbox. Poor kid.

Jaxson- I made half the recipe and ate 3 of the tomato sandwiches. They were good but now I have a bellyache. Maybe that's because Mike and I planted trees and finished landscaping in front if the house "right after" dinner.

We all have to clean out the refrigerators once in a while. Mine looks like it is about to explode, lol. Have fun at the Y. I wish we had one close by.

Lacey- It sounds like you had a nice day. Dinner sounds great.

Kat- Your pork chops sound great and all the extras. I haven't had pork chops in forever.

toosie- Before long I am sure you will buy Panko. There are many converts here at Cyns table. I had it tonight on my "oven fried" stuffed tomato slices. Yum.

Old 05-30-2009, 07:54 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,192,320 times
Nomad at least that pizza idea is there with the pulled pork. I know it was fantastic in flour tortillas.

Kats my mouth won't stop watering from reading about your pork chops.

MWBW your little body needed bunches of rest dear lady! Glad you were able to give it some. Steaks were yumo I bet.

cyn remember how up here I wasn't finding Panko anywhere then some friends bought me some in Indy? Now Wal Mart has all kinds of brands including Progresso in the flour & sugar isle.

My little great nephew that is 6yo is staying all night with us tonight. DD made a huge pallet of blankets and pillows on the front room floor. They are munching on popcorn watching Two Brothers movie now.

The Y was very refreshing and I was shocked it wasn't full of kids since it was yucky outside today. Thankful kids can't go into the steam room or whirlpool without a parent too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink