Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2009, 08:22 PM

8,893 posts, read 4,544,696 times

Advertisements

I was out all day, hubby had picked up a pizza and a nice salad! Worked for me seeing as how I didn't feel like cooking.

Old 05-31-2009, 08:47 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,627,821 times
I'm still ticked about my moldy pizza curst. Tomorrow I'm having pizza one way or another.

Old 06-01-2009, 04:33 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
Sticky wings sound delicious! Would you mind to share the recipe for your marinade?
Not at all-now I don't measure anything!

Soy sauce
brown sugar or honey
garlic chopped
pepper (no salt as soy's enough)
ground ginger
dash white wine (not necessary)

Mix well. I pot the wings in ziplock bags pour marinade over and refrig at least 24 hrs turning over occassionally. The longer the better.this batch I started Fri and they were a beautiful brown yesterday.

I put wings and marinade in a throwaway pan, cover with foil, cook at 325 for 1 hr. Remove foil and run under broiler.

Have done them on the grill also. Yum-enjoy.

Old 06-01-2009, 05:35 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,674,830 times
Blt.

Old 06-01-2009, 06:04 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,319,742 times
DH has requested chicken for tonights dinner. Not sure how I will prepare it yet but am thinking about baking it. Of course he will want his mashed potatoes with it and I'll serve green beans on the side.

Old 06-01-2009, 06:07 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,403,283 times
Good morning all. Cyns table was really busy yesterday. It's warm and sunny today. Looks like we will be painting and mowing.

Since it is supposed to be sunny all day I am going to try and use the Crockpot to make my DH sausage and peppers with sauce. It's his favorite way. Wish me luck with the Crockpot. I don't think it uses too much electric but we will find out.

I have a lot of fruits and veggies to use up so I will have some type of a big salad. A Greek salad would be good.

Old 06-01-2009, 06:08 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,319,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
Oh, Nomad - what a disappointment! I hate it when that happens, but it sounds like you found a good alternative.

The panko-fried pork tenderloin medallions were wonderful, the gravy came out just exactly as I was planning, the mashed potatoes with a bit of onion cooked and mashed along with the taters were just right, and the asparagus was tender and perfect. Spouse pronounced it a success, and agrees that the panko adds a real yummy crunch to the result.

I really like the outcome of the three-step dredge - seasoned flour, then egg/milk, then panko puts a perfect crunchy seasoned breading on the meat. The last time the spouse tried using panko, he put the seasoning in the crumbs, and it all wound up in the bottom of the bowl instead of on the food.

Still have to cook up a panful of chicken strips to go over my lunch salads this week, so I'll go get one more pan dirty before the poor guy starts washing up. Have a great evening, all, and a wonderful week - happy June!
How long did you put your pork in the oven for and at what temp? Sounds like a very good meal!! Yummy!

Old 06-01-2009, 06:16 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,338,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
How long did you put your pork in the oven for and at what temp? Sounds like a very good meal!! Yummy!
Cyn, the oven was at 200 degrees, and I just put the cutlets in for as long as it took me to wind up making the mashers and gravy. I had pounded them out pretty thin, and they got mostly cooked through in the cast iron skillet, but I put them on a rack in a slow oven to keep them crispy and to be sure they were cooked through. It all went pretty fast; once I got through all the prep stages, I don't think I was actually cooking for more than 20 or 30 minutes, and the cutlets weren't in the oven for more than 10 of those minutes.

For your chicken tonight, try this: mix a cup of bread crumbs with about 3 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder and a good grind of black pepper. Dip the chicken pieces in melted butter if you're feeling decadent, or spray them with pan spray if you're feeling virtuous, then dip them in the crumb mixture. Lay on a foil-lined baking pan and bake at 350 for an hour or so (up to 15 minutes longer if the chicken pieces are very large or still partially frozen). That is still my very most favorite way of baking chicken - makes a very flavorful outer coating that's not fried but tastes almost as good.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:10 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,598,917 times
Good morning foodies! Tonight we're having broiled jerk chicken, white rice, black beans, fried plantain and sour cream. Yummy - a favorite. Chances are we'll have the leftovers tomorrow or Wednesday

Old 06-01-2009, 07:17 AM

479 posts, read 1,456,430 times
Have you ever tried baking chicken tenders (pieces would work too) this way? I marinate with some olive oil and lots of chopped garlic and a wee bit of seasoned salt -- at least 45 minutes. Roll in crushed cornflake crumbs.

Spray cookie sheet with Pam (or use nonstick bakeware). Bake in oven (using tenders, I put it on about 400 degrees) until done. It only takes about 20 minutes for some browning. I usually have some honey mustard sauce on the side with this.

That said, I have no clue what's for dinner tonight. I think we need to do some leftovers and clean the fridge!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink