Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2009, 06:16 PM

48,322 posts, read 22,079,384 times

Advertisements

The L and onions are just about perfect and I made a potato kugel....well sort of a kugel....left over mashed with sour cream and an egg and some panko mixed together and baked. I am not feeling the need for the peas.....I made a lot of unctuous onions....enough to qualify as the vegetable....I fried up that hearty thick sliced smoked bacon to perfection.....DP says, "We can eat anytime!"

Old 04-26-2009, 07:38 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,890,250 times
I heard someone was having beets.... I think they were calling my name..... lol.... hope they were good.... I miss beets....

Left overs were good tonight. Finished up the pasta and potato salads.... The red and white hots are still hanging out in the fridge for tomorrow.... which will be nice for Religion and Diva. AND I do have a divasode to catch you all up on don't worry.... I have had a few of you telling me you missed them. I will catch you up on the Splinter Saga! Had to go to the Ped's office on Friday morning... I will be on soon to write about that... for those of you going through Divasode Withdrawl.... lol... life has just been a bit hectic here so forgive me on the delay... Next week I will be getting a much needed break from this craziness though. We will be leaving for Disney and eating ourselves silly on their unbelievable meal plan.... unfortunately I will not bring my laptop with me but I will be sure to let you know all the amazing things I munched on while I was there... I don't know how I am going to do it to be honest. I heard they serve an Appetizer, Meal, and Dessert for Lunch and Dinner!!!! Now, with the Migraine meds I am on I am lucky if I can get a Luna bar down every morning and still have room for a few bites for lunch and then a light dinner.... how the heck am I going to eat that???? Jeepers.... anyone want a Disney Doggy Bag?

Old 04-26-2009, 07:55 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,979,650 times
Hi everyone! Menus sound great and are definitely sounding more and more summer-y! We grilled chicken tonight. I didn't feel like having any, I am very picky about my chicken and I like it crispy. But, I wasn't that hungry either, so I just had some potato salad and licorice. Hmmm, good combo, huh?

I found a diet that my mom had given me some years ago, I never did it but I am seriously contemplating it for a jumpstart kind of thing as I have no motivation whatsoever to cut out the sweets! I am normally not a sweet eater, but dang, my taste buds have been changing!

It is a Sacred Heart food plan that is used to overweight heart patients. A little radical, I think but you only do it for 7 days. Lots of fruits and veggies and their version of the cabbage veggie soup. They say you can lose quite a bit of weight in a week depending on how much you have to lose. I don't have too much to lose (20lbs would be great) but I am feeling pinchy in my clothing so...my dinner posting will be pretty boring...we'll see...

Have an awesome night and day tomorrow!

Old 04-26-2009, 08:33 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,357,235 times
G'd evening, all, suppers sound wonderful - Elston, I got a grin out of your bold-font abbreviation for the food that some of us love and others do not! Very thoughtful of you, sir, just as I'd expect. And I still say it sounds fabulous.

We got the boy back to school, though I was reluctant to leave him as he's still not entirely back up to par, I fear. Any time that kid chooses a dinner of legumes and rice with NO MEAT at all, and then takes half of it home in a doggie bag, I know that all's not right with his innards. He's promised to go to the health center at the U tomorrow if he's still feeling poorly, though, and he knows that if he doesn't report in to me with better results, I'm going back out there to enforce a doctor visit whether he likes it or not, so hopefully things will be back in order soon.

We went to a popular restaurant in downtown La Crosse, where I had a lovely plateful of crawfish etouffee for supper, one of my favorites and a hard thing to find in Wisconsin. The spouse had jambalaya, and the kid had meat-free red beans and rice, both reported to be very good as well. And then we dropped him back at his apartment and headed for the interstate, where we immediately encountered a rainstorm that followed us most of the way back home.

Good night, all, with another busy week ahead, I'm for a shower and my bed. Here's wishing you a great evening!

Old 04-26-2009, 09:01 PM

849 posts, read 1,957,435 times
Tonight's diner was chicken breast sauteed in olive oil and garlic with onions, peppers, celery, sun dried tomatoes,fresh tomatoes, mushrooms, olives and artichoke hearts. It's part of DH's Flat Belly diet. It was very tasty. Made chicken curry for DS using most of the same ingredients.

Liver ad onions on Tuesday, two older kids will be at work. No bacon, because of DH's diet.
Tomorrow...no idea yet.

Old 04-26-2009, 09:50 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,237,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
Jeepers.... anyone want a Disney Doggy Bag?
Pick me pick me pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease. We did that food plan in 2005 we couldn't eat 3 meals a day on it. We didn't have room but it is a good deal considering how expensive their food is down there. Have a relaxed time and enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
I found a diet that my mom had given me some years ago, I never did it but I am seriously contemplating it for a jumpstart kind of thing as I have no motivation whatsoever to cut out the sweets! I am normally not a sweet eater, but dang, my taste buds have been changing! It is a Sacred Heart food plan that is used to overweight heart patients.
I can't believe this~~~I was just telling my DD about this exact diet my mother did years ago tonight. That cabbage soup is nasty tasting good luck if you can stick to it you will lose the weight quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I have to tell you that I love love love reading about all the wonderful ideas you guyz have and the good cooking going on in your kitchens and on your grills. What a lovely and talented collection of folks.
Gee whiz I wanted to rep ya for this but I have to you know what first. I feel the same way reading the posts in this thread you speak so well for many of us thank you!

Old 04-27-2009, 04:31 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,892,799 times
Morning all-same here Elston our's was delicious. Wow 2 more weeks and you'll be jetting to Japan! Bet excitement is setting in.

MWBW your mention of rain on interstate made me think of our trip east last June and right in that area we hit hail, tornadoes, rain, thunder/lightening like we've never seen before. Pulled off a lot and finally gave up in Beloit. Nothing was open, food wise, due to the storms but the Holiday Inn had a soup, salad bar gratis. Hair raising trip that day. Hope DS feels better soon.

Kimba-I think that may be rough to follow plus that's an easy gain back diet.

Old 04-27-2009, 05:41 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,376,230 times
Oh my--I must have missed something. Are you heading off to Japan elston? I knew you spoke of an upcoming trip but had no idea it was already planned. How exciting. Traveling is my favorite thing to do. I could live traveling. You will have to let us know all about it when you get back.
We did a lot of tree trimming and hauling off dead wood for our friend yesterday. It felt good to help her. Her yard looks so much better now. Actually she has 9 acres but the back 5 is all woods so we concentrated on the front 4--still a lot!! Four truck loads of wood. Didn't get home until after 7PM so I just threw a couple of my frozen stuffed bell peppers into the micro wave and then in the oven for dinner. I was so tired I didn't even feel like eating but I did eat a half of one. I was asleep by 9PM!! We bought some tomatoe plants yesterday on the way home so we'll probably get those in the ground today. Not sure about dinner yet but when I figure it out I will post it.

Last edited by cynwldkat; 04-27-2009 at 05:53 AM..

Old 04-27-2009, 06:16 AM

48,322 posts, read 22,079,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Oh my--I must have missed something. Are you heading off to Japan elston? I knew you spoke of an upcoming trip but had no idea it was already planned. How exciting. Traveling is my favorite thing to do. I could live traveling. You will have to let us know all about it when you get back.
We did a lot of tree trimming and hauling off dead wood for our friend yesterday. It felt good to help her. Her yard looks so much better now. Actually she has 9 acres but the back 5 is all woods so we concentrated on the front 4--still a lot!! Four truck loads of wood. Didn't get home until after 7PM so I just threw a couple of my frozen stuffed bell peppers into the micro wave and then in the oven for dinner. I was so tired I didn't even feel like eating but I did eat a half of one. I was asleep by 9PM!! We bought some tomatoe plants yesterday on the way home so we'll probably get those in the ground today. Not sure about dinner yet but when I figure it out I will post it.
Hi Cyn and other foodies who may have missed it when I "announced" that my Dear Partner and I are going to Japan 5/11 thru 6/9.

Old 04-27-2009, 06:31 AM

424 posts, read 1,679,510 times
Hoppin' John, wilted spinach salad, and some hoe cakes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink