Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 06:59 AM

509 posts, read 1,168,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suemandy23 View Post
what about Outbacks? is it the same as those, I agree that Olive Garden falls into the category, but I still like to eat there... are they all prepackaged?
Oh, I see; you mean Outback Steakhouse. Hmm, I think that "Outbacks," as you call it, is somewhat less one of the cookie-cutter restaurants than those being discussed above. This is primarily because they actually have superior cuts of meat (i.e. not sirloin or worse). I love how Applebees touts their sirloin steaks as if it is the best cut of meat on the animal and then overcharges for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 01:36 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,543,102 times
I don't go out of my way to eat at Chili's but it's not bad for what it is.

I can't say I've had an OUTSTANDING meal there but not a bad one either.

Old 06-04-2009, 05:10 PM

758 posts, read 1,872,754 times
It's ok. I would rather have something else but it seems as if our town has nothing but cookie cutter resturants i.e. Chilis, Applebee's, Ruby Tuesdays, Olive Garden you get the idea.

Old 06-05-2009, 10:32 AM

3,010 posts, read 6,309,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugepossum View Post
Oh, I see; you mean Outback Steakhouse. Hmm, I think that "Outbacks," as you call it, is somewhat less one of the cookie-cutter restaurants than those being discussed above. This is primarily because they actually have superior cuts of meat (i.e. not sirloin or worse). I love how Applebees touts their sirloin steaks as if it is the best cut of meat on the animal and then overcharges for it.
The "steaks" at Applebees are like rubber.

Old 06-05-2009, 11:37 AM

1,848 posts, read 4,685,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbrocks View Post
On the other hand, over the past few years I noticed Applebees being mentioned on TV/movies a lot as a joke, usually with a character being excited to eat there, as if it was the fanciest restaurant they could imagine

I feel all the chains are about the same, and I don't eat at them often, but I think I prefer Applebees, I like the riblets. When they first came to my area, they had the best strip steaks, and cheap! After a while they changed cooks or suppliers or something, they were never the same.

I used to really enjoy the chicken strips at Chili's, they had great seasoning. Never big on TGIF

"We can't eat at Chili's every night, we are not millionaires Kim!!!"

Haha Herbrocks, what a different pov in the food forum than in the SA forum. Yes, some people lurve their chains!

Old 06-05-2009, 05:33 PM

1,642 posts, read 4,095,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1039 View Post
"we can't eat at chili's every night, we are not millionaires kim!!!"

haha herbrocks, what a different pov in the food forum than in the sa forum. Yes, some people lurve their chains!
lol!

Old 06-05-2009, 05:35 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,028,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
In small towns and suburbs the world over, everybody raves about Chili's. It is a popular social/hangout spot among other things, and you'll usually wait an hour or more to get in if it's a weekend night. However, I don't see what all the fuss is about. As a bar/hangout there are better options and the food is virtually identical to places like Applebees, Friday's, Bennigan's, etc which is really just pre-packaged food as you would find at KFC, McDonalds, Taco Bell, etc. Why not just go to McDonalds and get the same burger for $1 instead of $10? In addition, its my opinion that Chili's is a poster child for the homogenization that has overtaken every aspect of American life. Is there something I am not seeing? If I had to grade Chili's it would get a solid F. From an objective standpoint, the food is not horrible but it is still FAST FOOD and should be priced like it.
Every Chili's I've eaten at has tasted awful. I don't go there unless it's someone else deciding.

Old 06-05-2009, 05:58 PM

1,116 posts, read 2,964,589 times
Sometimes I get a wicked craving for southwest eggrolls. Other than that, not a fan.

Old 06-05-2009, 06:11 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,598,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Olive Garden is another heat it up place, but their adverts try to make it sound like they have chefs back there. Not bloody likely.
OMG I hate Olive Garden so much. More than I should really. It's because so many people rave about it. Those damned bread sticks! It kills me. Thank goodness there isn't a thread like this for Olive Garden. If there was, and people started saying how much they love it - I'd probably go off on them like it was the politics or religion forum!

Old 06-05-2009, 06:22 PM

5,869 posts, read 11,932,472 times
Oddly enough, I usually stay away from chain restaurants, but I've never had a bad meal at Chili's. I usually stick to their hamburgers or salads which I find to be consistently good. I have a friend who lives in Mexico and whenever she visits she always wants to eat at Chili's - I'm not sure I understand, but she lilkes it, so we go there.

Being in place where Tex-Mex reigns supreme, I can't tolerate their so called Mexican dishes - especially the rice and beans- ewwww! I agree with hugepossum on that one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink