Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2010, 09:47 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,637,002 times

Advertisements

I'm going to offer a bribe for fried chicken tomorrow. Coleslaw and baked beans would round it out.

Old 02-25-2010, 10:04 PM

1,786 posts, read 3,463,010 times
Seeing that our snow storm has moved into blizzard status, I grabbed a chicken from the freezer earlier and have been slowly boiling it along with some root vegetables and herbs. By tomorrow morning, I will have a rich and tasty chicken broth, will remove a fair portion of the chicken for another meal (more on that), add fresh carrots and celery, some egg noodles - and boom - a nice tasty chicken soup to warm the soul while listening to the snow plows do their job. With the extra chicken I set aside, I think I will put a chicken pot pie together for weekend eating! Stay warm everyone!!!

Old 02-25-2010, 10:55 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,196,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
No snow here in Florida (thank God), but last night I (husband) made homemade meatloaf, mashed taters and a can of sweet corn. Wife/I loved every tasty morsel of it. Have meatloaf left over for meatloaf sandwiches today.....YUM!! My wife loves it that I love to cook!
We love it when men come to the table here to share too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by molochai2580 View Post
Thanks, but it's not belated. My birthday is today, but we have too much going on today to go out so we went out yesterday. I have 4 classes worth of homework to get ahead on so I don't have to worry about it after my surgery tomorrow and my husband has some philosophy and calculus homework.
Prayers for your surgery didn't know about it when I left ya bday reps yesterday.

Debsi thought and talked about you tonight were your ears ringing? Made tacos for supper we had ice cream for dessert after Survivor.

Stay safe & warm all you in the way of the snow storm.

Old 02-26-2010, 12:00 AM

10,782 posts, read 8,731,183 times
The basil in my garden was just looking too beautiful to let go much longer. So I harvested a whole bunch by taking the top half of the plants, leaving the rest to hopefully bush out and continue growing.

So, with all that lovely basil (it smells so good!) I made a big batch of pesto. Froze most of it and have left out a small portion for tonight's dinner: Linguine with Pesto. Served with a tomato and bocconcini salad.

Old 02-26-2010, 05:36 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,317,297 times
Homemade chicken and rice soup.

Old 02-26-2010, 07:49 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,517,233 times
There are a whole lot of suppers here that I want!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Debsi thought and talked about you tonight were your ears ringing? Made tacos for supper we had ice cream for dessert after Survivor.
Hey that's great! Hope you enjoyed the tacos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vichel View Post
The basil in my garden was just looking too beautiful to let go much longer. So I harvested a whole bunch by taking the top half of the plants, leaving the rest to hopefully bush out and continue growing.

So, with all that lovely basil (it smells so good!) I made a big batch of pesto. Froze most of it and have left out a small portion for tonight's dinner: Linguine with Pesto. Served with a tomato and bocconcini salad.
Vichel has just made me pine for summer. I keep thinking of starting seeds but it's still been so cold out for our area. I can't wait to have this meal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cokatie View Post
Seeing that our snow storm has moved into blizzard status, I grabbed a chicken from the freezer earlier and have been slowly boiling it along with some root vegetables and herbs. By tomorrow morning, I will have a rich and tasty chicken broth, will remove a fair portion of the chicken for another meal (more on that), add fresh carrots and celery, some egg noodles - and boom - a nice tasty chicken soup to warm the soul while listening to the snow plows do their job. With the extra chicken I set aside, I think I will put a chicken pot pie together for weekend eating! Stay warm everyone!!!
Very jealous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
I'm going to offer a bribe for fried chicken tomorrow. Coleslaw and baked beans would round it out.
Ditto.

No idea what's for dinner!

Old 02-26-2010, 09:00 AM

2,410 posts, read 6,006,675 times
Tonight will be ice cream and jello for me, since I'm having a tooth surgically extracted in a couple of hours. My husband will have left over pizza probably.

Old 02-26-2010, 10:26 AM

3,646 posts, read 5,423,051 times
Here's another one who is out of ideas for tonight. Grocery day is off (usually Sunday or Monday and was Saturday last week) so I am down to "nubbins". Tonight will probably be take out, but I don't know what or where.

Old 02-26-2010, 10:47 AM

3,367 posts, read 11,062,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by molochai2580 View Post
Tonight will be ice cream and jello for me, since I'm having a tooth surgically extracted in a couple of hours. My husband will have left over pizza probably.
Best of luck!

Take-away Chinese for the kiddos and hub tonight - I'm going out with the girls and will just grab some nachos at the pub!

Old 02-26-2010, 11:08 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,677,349 times
Cornish game hen, corn on the cob from the garden, maybe some boiled potatoes, and garlic bread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink