Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 07:46 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,714 posts, read 58,054,000 times

Advertisements

I vote for OP to 'embrace the moment / culture...'

Only 9 days left for Valentine's Day

and a perfect gift which to remember their chosen 'future' destination...
ouch "Valentine Tattoos"

https://www.freepik.com/free-vector/...ion_776138.htm

Old 02-05-2019, 07:56 PM

9,868 posts, read 7,702,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
I vote for OP to 'embrace the moment / culture...'

Only 9 days left for Valentine's Day

and a perfect gift which to remember their chosen 'future' destination...
ouch "Valentine Tattoos"

https://www.freepik.com/free-vector/...ion_776138.htm
The one with the piano keys is cool!

Old 02-05-2019, 08:12 PM

9,868 posts, read 7,702,413 times
NBeener,

The lead characters in Mule and Gran Torino are products of their time and upbringing. Gruff, un-PC, a bit like a bull in a china shop around women who see past the roughness. To me, he is not vicious, more like someone who speaks before thinking. Someone who thinks that most people agree with him even as they look askance at him for some foot-in-mouth comment. But someone who is still trying to connect—however awkwardly—with people he doesn’t feel comfortable around.

That latter is the possible beginning of some kind of understanding.

Old 02-05-2019, 10:49 PM

2,495 posts, read 1,872,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Ok, but there are those that would definitely call it "bullying". And, this "listen to us too"...……..WHY?? After what's been said to me on this thread, why on earth would I want to continue being "told off" and called names?
We don't know WHY you want to, either, but it seems that you do. Anybody who keeps posting the same things over and over as you do and gets the same reaction each time doesn't seem to learn anything by the experience. I can only assume you enjoy it. Either that or you suffer from some sort of Obsessive/Compulsive Disorder and you can't help it.

Give it a rest, dude. Spend your time and energy on getting ready for your move to Colorado.

Everybody here knows why you want to move to Colorado. You've told us over and over and over. We didn't care when you started doing it and we certainly don't care now. Once again, give it a rest.

Old 02-06-2019, 08:07 AM

11,100 posts, read 7,159,415 times
Lots of great wisdom here, though apparently ignored by our "host". It's great to see community coming together to call out traits and behaviors that are never healthy, regardless of time or location.

This is a first - as I've seen it - for the Fort Collins / Loveland area forum; the extent of countering the "foul tide". Oftentimes discussions are low key and bordering on small talk, but not this time. The large response parallels the largeness of the root issues we see.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 02-06-2019 at 08:48 AM..

Old 02-09-2019, 06:05 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,911 times
I chuckled my way through this tread.

LoveBoating, Loveland, Larimer County and Northern Colorado as a whole are all wonderful places to live. With low poverty, low crime, very low unemployment and fantastic weather it is a good choice. I would not let a few things like drag queens or tattoos, both of which are found everywhere in this country if one chooses to look, stop me. You do not have to encounter either of those things if you choose not to, just as you would never know there is a booming pot industry in Colorado unless you sought it out.

As stated numerous times on various threads, the downside of the area is also what gives it a booming economy - excessive growth. Acres and acres of shoddily put up tract housing is turning the area into blah, vanilla, anywhere America. That might be what you're looking for though. Since we live in Old Town, I rarely have to see any of that unless I head to Fort Collins or out of town. Living in the older or western section of town, one still feels as if he is living in a small town.

Old 02-09-2019, 06:28 PM

8,950 posts, read 20,372,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
I chuckled my way through this tread.

LoveBoating, Loveland, Larimer County and Northern Colorado as a whole are all wonderful places to live. With low poverty, low crime, very low unemployment and fantastic weather it is a good choice. I would not let a few things like drag queens or tattoos, both of which are found everywhere in this country if one chooses to look, stop me. You do not have to encounter either of those things if you choose not to, just as you would never know there is a booming pot industry in Colorado unless you sought it out.

As stated numerous times on various threads, the downside of the area is also what gives it a booming economy - excessive growth. Acres and acres of shoddily put up tract housing is turning the area into blah, vanilla, anywhere America. That might be what you're looking for though. Since we live in Old Town, I rarely have to see any of that unless I head to Fort Collins or out of town. Living in the older or western section of town, one still feels as if he is living in a small town.
Totally understand and REALLY appreciate your reply here. Loveland is still in our minds, but have to have a Plan B, but still in Colorado and only along the Eastern Slope.

Old 02-09-2019, 10:37 PM

So spins the funhouse wheel. Hey kids, another season of our show has begun.

Old 02-09-2019, 10:42 PM

17,711 posts, read 29,823,179 times
Dear LB,
Walmart and Golden Corral ?
You can do better in Colorado.
,dave

Old 02-09-2019, 10:46 PM

^ His visits to Walmart and Golden Corral were in CO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area