Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2011, 10:49 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,300,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyjake39 View Post
Think it is possible for Cape Coral to get in as bad a shape as Lehigh?
Jake
Nope.

Lehigh Acres and Cape Coral were both places that were sold by salesmen to make a quick buck. But Cape Coral always had a better location and some planning. The Rosen brothers were at least selling a decent area, even though it was a bug-infested no-man's land. It always had potential and they took the steps to clear it out and make it happen.

Lehigh was slapped together without regard for the buyers. It finally had to be taken over by the government. There literally was no place for retail, schools, parks. NOTHING. And its location was always bad. It is still quite a drive to the beach. It use to be a place for retirees on a very strict budget, which was still fine. I had friends that lived there back in the day. But it became a really rough area.

The thing to remember is if you bought a piece of Lehigh in the 60s it barely appreciated, except for that very small window during the boom, and it is back to where it was before. Lots were about $400 and they are back to that now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2011, 08:40 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,351,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyjake39 View Post
Think it is possible for Cape Coral to get in as bad a shape as Lehigh?
Jake
You never know.
If the city goes bankrupt it could possibly revert to being a part of unincorporated Lee County like LA.
This in the long run would probably be a good thing, this way 40 years of mis-management could be corrected in an easy way.
Let's face it they have been managing Cape Coral in to the ground, problems everywhere, debt that is growing, so yes it would be a good thing to revert and then start over and get it right from the start.
To have a city charter by the citizens for the citizens rather then by the city and developers for the city and developers would be a good thing for the City of Cape Coral, Lee County and the whole of SWFL.

Old 03-20-2011, 09:13 PM

1 posts, read 2,313 times
Wow! We were headed to Cape Coral/Fort Myers early in April for a house hunting trip - now I'm not so sure!!!

Old 03-21-2011, 11:54 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,336,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twillick97 View Post
Wow! We were headed to Cape Coral/Fort Myers early in April for a house hunting trip - now I'm not so sure!!!
I hope you are not basing that decision on one negative post.

Old 03-21-2011, 09:55 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,300,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
I hope you are not basing that decision on one negative post.
When you go out of your way to dig out a negative thread that is seven weeks old you are looking for an excuse not to do something. Sorry, but I've seen it so many times.

It's easy to find the people that are going to move no matter what you tell them. You could tell them that there is a mass murderer roaming the streets for 10 years, killing one person a day, and they will ignore you and move there anyway. And then there are the tire kickers that search high and low for a reason not to move somewhere.

Old 03-22-2011, 04:38 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,336,961 times
So true.

Old 03-22-2011, 07:22 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,094,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twillick97 View Post
Maybe you should go there for a vacation instead of looking to buy.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:03 AM

50 posts, read 81,049 times
Default funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
When you go out of your way to dig out a negative thread that is seven weeks old you are looking for an excuse not to do something. Sorry, but I've seen it so many times.

It's easy to find the people that are going to move no matter what you tell them. You could tell them that there is a mass murderer roaming the streets for 10 years, killing one person a day, and they will ignore you and move there anyway. And then there are the tire kickers that search high and low for a reason not to move somewhere.
This is freaking hilarious!!! and so true I am sure!

Old 03-22-2011, 03:38 PM

176 posts, read 439,377 times
Wow a thread that was started in 2007. Talk about ancient history. I purchased my home in Cape Coral last year and I'm loving every minute of it. The best decision I ever made.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:16 AM

50 posts, read 81,049 times
Default Cviz

SO CVIZ DO You have kids? Are you happy with the school you got if so?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area