Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 11:48 AM

40 posts, read 103,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_obody999 View Post
I just came across this thread after I posted a thread asking about crime in Fort Myers/Cape Coral. This morning I did look at the crime data for Fort Myers and I did not like what the data showed. The crime index for Fort Myers is 66% above that of the USA on average-- not good. Violent crime data looks horrble (murders, violent assaults, robbery)... okay I just checked Cape Coral-- completely different situation! Crime index of CC is below USA average. Wow. Why is there such a difference between two cities separate by just a little bit of water?!?!?
Maybe it's the tolls that discourage "undesirables" from coming over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2014, 06:47 AM

45 posts, read 118,463 times
I can not tell you why but the stats seem to follow the local news. The crime seems to occur in isolated pockets without spreading too much. That is great for those of us who do not live in those areas. There are shootings regularly in certain areas and rarely in others. Neighbors of mine, in the section of Cape Coral that I am in, tell me that they have never heard of a burglary or break in thus far. Location location location certainly applies here.

Old 07-04-2014, 12:56 PM

19 posts, read 82,736 times
Question North Fort Myers

I've done a lot of reading and I have read so much negativity about SW Florida that I have put the brakes on moving there and have started to rethink if this area is right for us We found an amazing home in North Fort Myers but I have read not only the crime is bad but also finding a job is nearly impossible. The home is in a "nice" neighborhood I was told by the realtor but I also noticed both houses next to it were for sale ...makes me wonder if everything I am reading is true. We would be relocating from MA with a whole family on tow with ages ranging from 18-55. It is so important to find an area that will be good for us all ..... We all need to work....Any fed back on this area would be great!

Old 07-05-2014, 09:49 AM

4,612 posts, read 4,897,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnie View Post
I've done a lot of reading and I have read so much negativity about SW Florida that I have put the brakes on moving there and have started to rethink if this area is right for us We found an amazing home in North Fort Myers but I have read not only the crime is bad but also finding a job is nearly impossible. The home is in a "nice" neighborhood I was told by the realtor but I also noticed both houses next to it were for sale ...makes me wonder if everything I am reading is true. We would be relocating from MA with a whole family on tow with ages ranging from 18-55. It is so important to find an area that will be good for us all ..... We all need to work....Any fed back on this area would be great!
Rent.

After the better understand the area, then buy a place.

Old 07-07-2014, 03:18 PM

63 posts, read 100,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnie View Post
I would not go anywhere near north fort myers, or even fort myers. It's just gotten so bad there.

Old 07-07-2014, 03:48 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,338,017 times
There are beautiful areas of North Fort Myers that have low crime and are not even close to bad areas. You need to know where you are looking. The same goes for Fort Myers. Blanket statements are silly, especially from newbies.

Old 07-07-2014, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
There are beautiful areas of North Fort Myers that have low crime and are not even close to bad areas. You need to know where you are looking. The same goes for Fort Myers. Blanket statements are silly, especially from newbies.
A newbie? LOL I've lived in the area since 2002. Gotta love the message board bullies.

Old 07-07-2014, 04:44 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,966,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohsmommi View Post
A newbie? LOL I've lived in the area since 2002. Gotta love the message board bullies.
I've lived in SWFL since 83 and I won't go into ft. Myers for a funeral. I think the place is a dump. Just driving from the Naples line to Ft Myers/Lee county you can see the instant differnce. Medians have trash in spots , buildings aren't as nice and overall it just has a more dumpy feel. More "home boys" walking around with nothin better to do than pull up their pants. I would never recommend a family move there with a kid. Ever, "nice pockets" or not. If it's above Estero forget it, just mho

Old 07-07-2014, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
I've lived in SWFL since 83 and I won't go into ft. Myers for a funeral. I think the place is a dump. Just driving from the Naples line to Ft Myers/Lee county you can see the instant differnce. Medians have trash in spots , buildings aren't as nice and overall it just has a more dumpy feel. More "home boys" walking around with nothin better to do than pull up their pants. I would never recommend a family move there with a kid. Ever, "nice pockets" or not. If it's above Estero forget it, just mho
Agreed - 100%.

Old 07-07-2014, 08:20 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,338,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohsmommi View Post
I was looking at the 4 posts you had, now a couple more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area