Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 10:29 AM

6 posts, read 29,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Guy View Post
Cape Coral's biggest problem spots- Northeast & Northwest.
could you define that? I have two boys 15 and 13 that i'd like to live around other teens in cape coral and be able to walk to shopping centwers, ect. Where is a area that is nice? We are from illinois.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2008, 12:47 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,729,420 times
Best location for walking distance to stores, etc. Would limit you to the southwest quadrant of the city, near Cape Coral Pkwy, or Del Prado Blvd.(Where the two intersect is considered "downtown") Thats where all the older, most established comm'l strips are located.
Northern quads are newer developed, more sparsely populated,(a rural setting, if you will) much further to go for shopping, etc. darker, more crime, lack of city utilities, landscaping, less patroled by law enforcement, more accessible to north Ft Myers....for starters.......

Old 10-26-2008, 01:06 PM

6 posts, read 29,022 times
thanks! Basically, we need to visit and get a feel for the area. I'm a hairstylist, so that can't be too hard to find a job. We only would rent a house for a year or so anyway. Also, I am even considering around orlando because hurricanes are not something i want to encounter! Then again, you have everyone else living with them, maybe i misunderstand what they are really like. Does everyone just leave town and stay inland in hotels? Since i'm from illinois, i'm used to tornadoes that come and then theyre gone. What is lehigh acres? the area appears online alot for rental homes. What is it like?

Old 10-26-2008, 01:54 PM

25,449 posts, read 11,731,582 times
Smile South Cape Coral

Quote:
Originally Posted by landr1 View Post
could you define that? I have two boys 15 and 13 that i'd like to live around other teens in cape coral and be able to walk to shopping centwers, ect. Where is a area that is nice? We are from illinois.
I would have to agree with yachtcare. Southwest & Southeast corridors in Cape Coral have the most shopping centers and the most pop. of Cape Coral because it is more build up than the Northwest & Northeast corridors of Cape Coral. The south portions of Cape Coral also, essentially, have less crime than the North parts. The only section (as far as crime goes) that you should be careful of is Northeast Cape Coral. However, with your two boys wanting to be around other teens and shopping, I would stick to the South area around Cape Coral Pkwy. and Del Prado Blvd.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:11 AM

2,141 posts, read 6,906,187 times
Not alot of crime in the NE area anymore. Grow houses were the big thing in the northeast area. But thats not the case anymore. The area with the most crime is the lower rent areas. Old homes rent for less, off water downtown - midtown has the lowest rent.

Old 11-15-2008, 12:41 PM

66 posts, read 216,584 times
Default Negativity

Ok - the Cape had its share of speculation and people got burned when the economy crashed. Obviously people in real estate cannot make the money they used to, and lots of people owe a ton more than their house is worth. With that being said, if you are looking to move to a good community that cares about what happens here, with a solid police force, good schools, and lots of nature (beach, nature preserves, etc.) than the Cape is good. If you are looking to do a "Flip that House" and make a quick buck the Cape is not for you. I am more concerned about living in a good community than making a quick buck. I would buy here while the market is down as it is extremely affordable right now, and the concept of buy low still applies. I would not buy for the money, but for what you get in addition to a place to live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokerdave View Post
i would never buy a home on cape coral, evern when the market was booming it was a bad market. if you're going to relocated for 30 years and never move then fine, but for investment reasons, dont waste your time.

Old 11-17-2008, 03:51 PM

4 posts, read 13,923 times
Quote:
Cape Coral's biggest problem spots- Northeast & Northwest.
I strongly disagree. The more populated SE & SW have shown to have more of a crime problem...

Old 11-17-2008, 07:26 PM

And while Suncoast is a fan of the southern half of the Cape, I like the north. We are more spread out yes, but I still have not seen anything remotely resemling crime Either way, I like the Cape overall. I do wish there were more jobs in the Cape and people didn't have to commute south (to Fort Myers) or north like I do - but it is a bedroom community.

Quote:
Cape Coral doesn't have much problem spots, but if it does, it's usually isolated to the Northwest and Northeast areas of Cape Coral.

Cape Coral is good!!

Old 11-22-2008, 08:07 AM

25,449 posts, read 11,731,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingCapeCoral View Post
And while Suncoast is a fan of the southern half of the Cape, I like the north. We are more spread out yes, but I still have not seen anything remotely resemling crime Either way, I like the Cape overall. I do wish there were more jobs in the Cape and people didn't have to commute south (to Fort Myers) or north like I do - but it is a bedroom community.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BP624 View Post
I strongly disagree. The more populated SE & SW have shown to have more of a crime problem...
Cape Coral in general doesn't have much crime, and the entire city is a great place, however it has been my experience that the majority of the crime does happen in NE Cape where all of the construction sites are. They are major targets for crime, however I can't say that crime doesn't happen in the South region, I just don't remember much of it happening in the south region. If it does, it's probably more of SW Cape or SE Cape south of Cape Coral Pkwy. or around Cape Coral Pkwy. and Del Prado. Pkwy intersection.

Old 11-30-2008, 05:09 PM

SunCoast,

I respectfully disagree. Any crime is possible in all quadrants, and being NW is less populous I would venture a guess the the crime is less frequent, but in line with the differences in population. This was in today's paper - and it took place in the southwest. Cape police arrest four in Saturday robbery - News, sports, community information - Cape Coral Daily Breeze Like I said crime is anywhere, and criminals are unfortunately, equal opportunity offenders....

Quote:
I would have to agree with yachtcare. Southwest & Southeast corridors in Cape Coral have the most shopping centers and the most pop. of Cape Coral because it is more build up than the Northwest & Northeast corridors of Cape Coral. The south portions of Cape Coral also, essentially, have less crime than the North parts. The only section (as far as crime goes) that you should be careful of is Northeast Cape Coral. However, with your two boys wanting to be around other teens and shopping, I would stick to the South area around Cape Coral Pkwy. and Del Prado Blvd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area