Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 09:07 PM

727 posts, read 1,836,875 times

Advertisements

I would be suprised if Obama wins FL. I think McCain may pull it out.

Old 10-19-2008, 07:26 AM

2,903 posts, read 12,534,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Guy View Post
To Moderator:

I personally think that this would be better in the Ft. Myers-Cape Coral sub-forum because that area is Lee County. We might be able to get a better opinion from some of the residents that live in Lee County about this particular topic if it was in that forum. Just a suggestion!

Good idea.......! Frank D.

Old 10-19-2008, 08:32 AM

2,141 posts, read 6,906,187 times
I find this absolutely hilarious. Sheriff Mike Scott is far from racist. This whole thing seems to have been kindled by reverse racism. Mike Scott was in uniform when he introduced Sarah Palin, but the uproar seemed to be due only to the fact that he mentioned Barrak Hussein Obama's legally given name. How is that racist? General Powell has a few more subordinates than a county sherriff, yet I've seen him on the Today show in uniform backing his political party. Did that violate the Hatch Act or is it racist? As a veteran, I'm uneasy with the notion that someone with known terrorist affiliations may end up in control of the White House. That does'nt make me a racist, it makes me prudent. Most Lee county residents, no matter what thier race feel uneasy knowing that the people responsible for the 911 attacks lived among us, while training at a flight school in our area; with the sole intention of murdering innocent people. So would you consider this racist, or cautious?

Last edited by firemed; 10-19-2008 at 09:03 AM..

Old 10-19-2008, 11:02 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,729,420 times
There are very few (IMHO) positive things about living in SW Florida these days, unemployment continues to rise, the economy is downright dismal. Sheriff Mike Scott is one of those positives in my opinion. Professional, and down to earth, his department's morale is high. One of the few things that function as it should around Lee county.
IF Barack Hussein Obama is elected, what are they gonna do when they swear him in on January 20th? Use a different middle name? People need to get over it.......

Old 10-19-2008, 11:28 AM

5,643 posts, read 9,661,046 times
By wearing his uniform at a rally for a particular Presidential candiate, he gives the impression that the Sherif's Department of Lee County is endorsing that particular candidate. That is why he is being investigated, not for what he said.

I have no problem with the name Hussein, anymore than I would with the name Jesus, as many Hispanic men have.

Old 10-19-2008, 07:13 PM

171 posts, read 622,124 times
Unhappy Slavery is alive and well in Florida.

However, it is non-discriminatory. Everybody works for slave wages.

Old 10-19-2008, 07:50 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNRyan23 View Post

crime,, rude people, terrible drivers,.
If everyone is leaving because of crime, terrible drivers, and rude people, then who is to blame?

Old 10-21-2008, 07:37 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,402,817 times
I'm sorry for the OP that racists in this country have made her so paranoid. Don't worry sweetie, God will take care of them. Having said that, I have blackly and interracially vacationed all over Fla. From the trailer parks of North Florida, to the beaches of the Gulf and keys. No problems whatsoever. I think you have much more to worry about being a single girl living alone. Make sure that you have home security, good lighting and are careful about your safety no matter where you live.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:19 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,892,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
If everyone is leaving because of crime, terrible drivers, and rude people, then who is to blame?
Those are a few of the issues people have when they relocate to other states.

Usually, Crime is related to poverty or in this case, a state where a " good job " means making less then $10 an hour. I would guess the state was to blame for the bad drivers. I would imagine that every foreigner that comes here studies the book, takes a 10 minute driving test and gets a license. Maybe if there were stiffer penalties to driving 90mph on the interstate then people wouldn't do it so much ?

Rudeness ? That's just a Florida trademark, It'll never go away.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:23 PM

727 posts, read 1,836,875 times
Not when we keep on getting more and more residents from the same places, your right. The people that I know and have lived here for yrs, or were born here, I can honestly think of very few that are rude, that's the truth.

Fl didnt create this "rude people" problem, it inherited it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area