Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 07:34 AM

16 posts, read 62,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW8 View Post
Oh don't listen to loves2read. She is very good at making things seem worse than they are and she's always negative. . For her, the glass is half empty instead of half full.

The Dallas/Fort Worth areas is one of the best places to be right now as we have not been hit very hard economically compared to some areas. I have friends up in the North East and in California who talk about how bad the economy is there, but here it is much better. And believe me, the cost of living is much cheaper here than in most places. You can get a lot more for your money here. I really don't think you will have that hard of a time finding a job. There is a ton of companies here and the whole area here is growing fast. If your boyfriend is in construction and oil field, then he will have no problem either. There is construction going on everywhere here and there is many oil companies drilling in the area since we have the Barnett Shale.

I hope this helps! And if you need anymore info, just ask me and I will be more than willing to help!
Thanks so much for the positive vibes! I will definitely let you know if you can help me with anymore info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2008, 04:13 PM

84 posts, read 371,106 times
I agree dont listen to loves2read there are a lot of areas in FW that are reasonable and the COL is not bad at all. Myself I want to get as far away from TX as I possibly can After several trips to the New England States my family and I have found a whole different style of life there, almost like stepping back into time. So for us we are trying to do whatever it takes to relocate there. My in-laws live in the Wedgewood area in Fort Worth and if we do stay in TX that is where we plan to buy a house. I don't think you will have any problems finding a job and the big natural gas boom that has hit your fiance will have no problem either. Best of luck to you and your family

Old 10-09-2008, 05:04 PM

140 posts, read 405,008 times
Dallas area(Fort Worth) & Houston where voted the 2 Strongest Markets in the USA by the Wall street Journal. We have alot of jobs and creating more everyday. Two many people listen to the news and think they know everything. We have a little thing under us called natural Gas. We get more people moving here to work it then we know what to do with. I personal own a real estate company with 10 agents, we get more leads for folks moving here then we can work in a day. My agent are out showing home every day, They tell me they will have to get help if and when the market changes. I sure hope i get more agents by then, or I will be in trouble. I am interveiwing like crazy trying to find the right folks

Old 10-26-2008, 02:55 PM

2 posts, read 2,925 times
I seem to be in a similar situation and I was wondering if you found a good area and how is it working out as far as your job search and everything.

Old 11-01-2008, 02:32 PM

3 posts, read 3,827 times
I moved here in july from michigan i did alot of looking with a relitor before i moved but i live in Fort Worth/ keller.. In park glen and i love it Its a AWESOME neighborhood and i don't have to get on a highway to go to the grocery store witch was HUGE for me.. haha My kids love there school.

Old 11-02-2008, 05:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,112 times
I have the chance to relocate to hurst, texas with my job. How is hurst? I am married with children. How are the schools? crime? neighborhoods? I can commute to hurst if need be. I make around 50k-65k with o.t. anyone know what the average property tax is. probably would like a house between 115-140k so the wife can stay home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth