Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: First States that should be Redrawn
Ohio/Kentucky/Pennsylvania 4 4.04%
New England States 11 11.11%
Texas 11 11.11%
California 50 50.51%
Other 23 23.23%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 08:38 PM

1,895 posts, read 5,903,916 times

Advertisements

If you are going to merge all the New England states into one... I think you should give Maine to Canada instead (since many people think Maine is actually part of Canada ANYWAY!).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2011, 08:50 PM

81 posts, read 153,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brent6969 View Post
What>>>> That land is Georgia's land, If some idiot moonshiner did not put the marker in the wrong place it would be today, all the evidence supports such. What do you mean ruining it????

At various points since the early 19th century, Georgia has disputed its northern border with Tennessee. In 1796, when Tennessee was admitted to the Union, the border was originally defined by United States Congress as located on the 35th parallel, thereby ensuring that at least a portion of the river would be located within Georgia. As a result of an erroneously conducted survey in 1818 (ratified by the Tennessee legislature, but not Georgia), however, the actual border line was set on the ground approximately one mile south, thus placing the disputed portion of the river entirely in Tennessee.

So, as you can see TN is the one to blame and the stingy state...And it should be rectified..............

You'll pry that water from my cold dead hand.

Old 09-23-2011, 08:54 PM

81 posts, read 153,059 times
Obviously, the weird little parts that stick out from states (Western MD & OK, etc) should get rectified.

California and Texas should become multiple states.

South Florida should become its own state.

Upstate NY should get peeled away.

Old 09-23-2011, 10:33 PM

9,173 posts, read 13,261,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerislesmile View Post
If you are going to merge all the New England states into one... I think you should give Maine to Canada instead (since many people think Maine is actually part of Canada ANYWAY!).
If the United States broke up, Maine would fit in nicely with the Canadian Maritimes.

If Canada ever broke up (say because of Quebec), it would not suprise if the Canadian Maritimes; Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and New Brunswick applied to join the United States. They are about the same size as some of our smaller states and would fit in the with the northern New England states.

If both the United States and Canada broke up, you could see a "Greater New England Federation" with the 6 NE states and the Maritimes, possibly others.

Obviously, under the current conditions, I could not possibly imagine any Canadian province in their right mind wanting to join the US. I am only speaking of the far distant future when things might change drastically from now. You never know.

Old 09-24-2011, 02:12 AM

3,376 posts, read 6,109,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
. After that Northern California could be one state or split into smaller city-states like People's Republic of San Francisco/Berkeley and the Silicon Valley Trade Federation,
The Peoples Republic of San Berkelisco!!!!

Old 09-24-2011, 02:41 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,181,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGuyFromCleveland18 View Post
How kind of you, we take all of Mexico's water by damming the Colorado River, and then you want to give him all of our crappy land.
Amen to that!

Old 09-24-2011, 08:35 PM

296 posts, read 638,755 times
georgia grew way too fast for its pants and only as an after thought builds its schools(trailers) and highways. i might have agreed if i didnt see so many businesses, apartment complexes and subdivision wasting so much water. i pass by some that actually water the road. tennessee takes care of the area quite well. if georgia had it thered be only private homes and some sort of lake linear water park eye sore..our georgia government thrives on greed. i say this not only as a georgian but someone who has experienced severe drought in the northwest corner.

Old 09-25-2011, 11:43 AM

1,937 posts, read 4,713,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashford View Post
georgia grew way too fast for its pants and only as an after thought builds its schools(trailers) and highways. i might have agreed if i didnt see so many businesses, apartment complexes and subdivision wasting so much water. i pass by some that actually water the road. tennessee takes care of the area quite well. if georgia had it thered be only private homes and some sort of lake linear water park eye sore..our georgia government thrives on greed. i say this not only as a georgian but someone who has experienced severe drought in the northwest corner.

hmmm, Interesting analogy..........

Old 09-25-2011, 01:16 PM

3,391 posts, read 8,784,740 times
Pennsylvania is really dysfunctional. At one end you have the eastern city of Philadelphia and it’s metro. On the other end you have the Midwestern city of Pittsburgh and it’s metro. In between you have Kentucky. Among these three regions, none of them will even acknowledge that the other two exist.

Old 09-25-2011, 01:38 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,333,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryson662001 View Post
Pennsylvania is really dysfunctional. At one end you have the eastern city of Philadelphia and it’s metro. On the other end you have the Midwestern city of Pittsburgh and it’s metro. In between you have Kentucky. Among these three regions, none of them will even acknowledge that the other two exist.
Midwestern?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.