Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2012, 11:15 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
Feel free to deny the science involved. It just proves my point.
Which is what? That you approve of lying with statistics? (Which is the title of a book, BTW, that I had to read when I took statistics.) There is no science involved in any of those articles. They'd make a real scientist, especially a statistician, blanch.

Old 02-23-2012, 04:00 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,876,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Which is what? That you approve of lying with statistics? (Which is the title of a book, BTW, that I had to read when I took statistics.) There is no science involved in any of those articles. They'd make a real scientist, especially a statistician, blanch.
Like i said you can deny the facts all you want. There is a word for people who refuse to change their beliefs when presented with evidence. It is a personal problem if you stubbornly stick to incorrect assumptions.

At this point i have proved what i have said and i see you have nothing productive to counter with. So if you have something intelligent to add i would love to here it, but if you want to close your eyes, cover your hears, and scream ' "im not listening," over and over i am not wasting time.

Old 02-23-2012, 06:11 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,871,819 times
Are you talking to Katiana or are you talking to yourself?

Quote:
Like i said you can deny the facts all you want. There is a word for people who refuse to change their beliefs when presented with evidence. It is a personal problem if you stubbornly stick to incorrect assumptions.

At this point i have proved what i have said and i see you have nothing productive to counter with. So if you have something intelligent to add i would love to here it, but if you want to close your eyes, cover your hears, and scream ' "im not listening," over and over i am not wasting time.

Old 02-23-2012, 06:11 PM

Quote:

Quite true! Several of us have answered the OP about how our neighbors treat us in the suburb positively, and yet you still keep telling us we're neglected, isolated, unhappy, etc. You are simply not going to change your mind, are you?

Suppose you tell me how your city neighbors treat you?

Old 02-23-2012, 07:26 PM

And to come full circle I think some posters have shown us how isolated suburbanites can be.

THe problem is many of them are living in their own little world, isolated from everyone else.

A mental gulag of their creation where they cant be bothered to connect with other people, and respond with anger and ignorance when their view is threatened.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:31 PM

Quote:
And to come full circle I think some posters have shown us how isolated suburbanites can be.

THe problem is many of them are living in their own little world, isolated from everyone else.

A mental gulag of their creation where they cant be bothered to connect with other people, and respond with anger and ignorance when their view is threatened.
Give an examle, from this thread. And tell us about your city neighbors (2nd request). Knock of the psychoanlysis, too.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Give an examle, from this thread. And tell us about your city neighbors (2nd request). Knock of the psychoanlysis, too.
Like I said I am done talking with you if you are going to ignore facts. I wouldnt have a discussion about global warming with someone who didnt believe in science, or dinosaurs with someone who thinks the Earth is 3000 years old and refuses to believe anything else.

We are going to have to agree to disagree. I like having discussions but dislike arguing for the sake of arguing.

Anyway, I already made my point.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Like I said I am done talking with you if you are going to ignore facts. I wouldnt have a discussion about global warming with someone who didnt believe in science, or dinosaurs with someone who thinks the Earth is 3000 years old and refuses to believe anything else.

We are going to have to agree to disagree. I like having discussions but dislike arguing for the sake of arguing.

You've made a point, but it's not what you think it is. You cannot provide one example of city neighbors being more friendly, etc than suburban neighbors. You won't describe your experience with city neighbors. The facts being ignored are the ones you are ignoring.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:34 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
There is a word for people who refuse to change their beliefs when presented with evidence.
Yes, I believe the word is "cry_havoc".

Quote:
At this point i have proved what i have said and i see you have nothing productive to counter with.
Pretty much everyone here has refuted your baseless and undocumented generalizations. You're the one with the problem, not us.

Quote:
By talking about how we interact on a daily basis with our suburban friends and neighbors? Hmmmm ...

Quote:
Other than repeating yourself over and over again, without even the slightest shred of anecdotal evidence, how exactly have you done this?

Old 02-24-2012, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Yes, I believe the word is "cry_havoc".

Pretty much everyone here has refuted your baseless and undocumented generalizations. You're the one with the problem, not us.

By talking about how we interact on a daily basis with our suburban friends and neighbors? Hmmmm ...

Other than repeating yourself over and over again, without even the slightest shred of anecdotal evidence, how exactly have you done this?
By refuted of you mean deny facts and give opinion than yes some people did that.

I did repeat the facts. You repeated false info over and over. So this was a redundant conversation. My first post made a point and people dont want to listen because it makes them unhappy to think about. What can i do?
I mean lots of people did rep me and agree but 3 or 4 people want to live in denial. There problem not mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.