Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 07:08 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,016,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citylove101 View Post
Actually we only charge that much to out-of-towners from Houston. Everybody elses pays a buck or two.

Hey...its not my fault your city is a wasteland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2013, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianuser View Post
We all know that NYC has its ugly areas, but Houston doesn't have anything comparable to the charm, the sense of place, the vibe - as well as the beauty - of Brooklyn Heights, Midtown East, Park Slope, DUMBO, TriBeCa, SoHo, Upper West Side, Forest Hills, Riverdale, etc etc...

Let's face it, there is more beauty in the (little) Brooklyn Heights than in the whole metropolitan area of Houston
Are you being sarcastic? Please tell me you are.
I just got done looking at the apartments and they look like an absolute dump compared to Houston's luxury apartments and homes.

I wonder how much it cost to live there. Better yet should we do a col comparison and see the quality of apartments you can get in Houston vs the quality of apartments you could get in New York city?

Do you reeaaaallly want to go there? I haven't destroyed anything all week but I'm anxious to destroy your argument.

Old 12-23-2013, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Min-Chi-Cbus View Post
Overall:
Please post objective information that goes against my opinion. Please do. My opinion may be an opinion buts its backed up by facts.

Old 12-23-2013, 08:24 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
I just got done looking at the apartments and they look like an absolute dump compared to Houston's luxury apartments and homes.

I wonder how much it cost to live there. Better yet should we do a col comparison and see the quality of apartments you can get in Houston vs the quality of apartments you could get in New York city?

Do you reeaaaallly want to go there? I haven't destroyed anything all week but I'm anxious to destroy your argument.
Seriously? You'd get more amneities in your apartment in Houston, that doesn't make the Houston neighborhood beautiful compared to the NYC ones listed.

Old 12-23-2013, 08:26 PM

530 posts, read 1,359,859 times
You can't compare Houston to NYC.

Houston is basically a collection of suburban-like areas with a few major business/industrial centers scattered around (like Atlanta, Los Angeles, etc). Any areas with trees and newer housing can lay claim to having "beauty".

While NYC is it's completely own entity.

Old 12-23-2013, 08:30 PM

5,525 posts, read 13,950,687 times
The fact that real estate prices and rent are so high in NYC suggests that there is a very strong demand for living in that city.

Old 12-23-2013, 10:01 PM

1,612 posts, read 2,421,409 times
Quote:
Can you name us even one place within 100 miles of Houston that has even 10% of the architecture or historic stock of brownstone Brooklyn?

Because, if you can't, you're just trolling.

Old 12-24-2013, 04:25 AM

1,090 posts, read 1,594,499 times
Quote:

My area

Ugly...right?

Northwest Houston part of my area 2..

Wow... now we are discussing pictures

Anyway, such places have the "charm" of a mall

Last edited by italianuser; 12-24-2013 at 04:44 AM..

Old 12-24-2013, 04:37 AM

1,090 posts, read 1,594,499 times
Quote:
Honey,

you can cherry-pick any info you want; that doesn't mean you are right.

Ok, Houston apartments are bigger... and so what?

That doesn't change the fact that Houston is mediocre at its best, and its (few) nice parts lack charm, character, history...

Also, New York City may not be the world tidiest city: but at least we can wipe out the trash, while in Houston you can't wipe out its trashy ugliness
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.