Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 03:05 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,506,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by valsteele View Post
All kidding aside, I'd argue in a lot of ways yes. You'd still be able to use the same money, many people in the South have the same accent as Seattleites, Washington state and the South both agree on guns and a lot of politics that Canadians wouldn't. Seattle and someone from the South would have a lot in common on virtue of both being Americans.
while some southerners don't have much of accent, I find most southern accents stronger than a Canadian accent, or at least many in British Columbia. But of course there'll be some similarities (political setup) from being in the same country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2015, 03:56 PM

645 posts, read 835,822 times
This is true. At the end of the day more or less the same food. Same clothes. Accents maybe there... but it is still English.

But then again, how many countries are that varied from coast to coast?? The only one unique exception i can think of India which is like crossing state lines is like a crossing into a different country. And a few others countries in Asia.

Some European countries are a little varied. But with countries that are smaller than Wyoming. Hardly matters!

Old 02-19-2015, 04:29 PM

4,240 posts, read 4,921,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
Yes, hunting is huge here, especially pheasant hunting.
Can't tell, I'm assuming you are from South Dakota?

Pennsylvania and West Virginia have a huge deer hunting culture. Small game hunting was once extremely popular as well, but it has faded into the background forsure.

Old 02-19-2015, 07:05 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,559,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speagles84 View Post
Can't tell, I'm assuming you are from South Dakota?

Pennsylvania and West Virginia have a huge deer hunting culture. Small game hunting was once extremely popular as well, but it has faded into the background forsure.
It's my home now. I'm not sure which type is most popular but the pheasant hunting is a big tourism draw. Deer and elk seem pretty popular and I believe mountain lion season is still going. It's not really my thing it to each their own. I know someone who grew up in Western Pennsylvania and she mentioned having the first day of deer season off from school. I bet there are more similarities than people realize.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.