Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 06:46 AM

2 posts, read 7,897 times

Advertisements

Wow Rebecca! Sounds like you are looking for exactly what I am looking for!! lol I was going to look into the panhandle of florida and see if theres anything around there. Im going to poke through some of this thread you created but wont be able to check every single post so if you do find that perfect place please post!
Im brand new here...this is my very first post lol so not sure how to navigate quite yet but hopefully will find some good suggestions in this thread : )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2016, 07:02 AM

2 posts, read 7,897 times
Wink contender....

Im still digging up more info on it but Pensacola Florida is looking good.....I think a lot of people forget about that little area known as the Florida Panhandle. Im going to really dig around this area more (when i have more time). Some areas are very affordable, the weather looks good, its close to the water so the humidity in a lot of towns shouldnt be too bad at all. I lived in Hollywood Florida many years ago and we were very close to the water and so the humidity wasnt so bad. My honeymoon was in Kissimmee Florida. We went to Orlando area for some of the major attractions and the humidity was unbearable! (for us anyhow). One day we went to Bush Gardens and I just kept saying "they should have little outdoor showers throughout this place!" I was miserable and this was in May, I can even imagine July and August! Ugh! But the Panhandle is looking good....Ill update as ?I find more info but you should really check it out, its looking really good so far!

Old 07-17-2016, 12:01 PM

1 posts, read 3,539 times
Hello my searching friends looking for a place with little humidity and not have snow 4 feet high. Also my daughter has cystic fibrosis and can't take any mold or black mold of any kind. Can someone out ther help me find a place?
thanks, Wren Jordan

Old 07-17-2016, 01:18 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,699,445 times
I am searching for a State like this. I wouldn't mind a State where winter's were continuous with Snow in the winter from December to March. That way can get our and enjoy the Winter. Coming from CT snow doesn't stay long on the ground or just becomes slushy snow. Winters can be frigid bone chilling or warm. Spring, Summer, and Fall aren't bad here either.

Fiancée can deal with the tame winter's of CT, but not a huge fan of the snow. Where I am extreme snow or no snow. Need a State where I can be active exercising in all 4 seasons.

However, I rather live in a coastal state like Maryland, Delaware, or Virginia where winter's are mild, humid summers, crisp fall days, and spring is never late.

Last edited by RunD1987; 07-17-2016 at 02:08 PM..

Old 07-18-2016, 12:57 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,961,631 times
Asheville, Reno, Albuquerque and Prescott are some cities that would have this type of weather. Low humidity summers, mild and sunny winters (high 40s and 50s).

Last edited by PCALMike; 07-18-2016 at 01:31 AM..

Old 11-15-2016, 11:42 PM

1 posts, read 3,238 times
Sacramento, California! It's a beautiful area that isn't nearly as crazy expensive as the other big California cities. Winters are on average high of 67 low of 35 ish. No snow to worry about, but close enough to the mountains to visit snow. No humidity, but it isn't totally dry like Utah/Arizona/NM. The summers can get prettty hot but it's manageable

Old 12-16-2016, 02:18 PM

466 posts, read 1,062,390 times
Default little humidity, not "kinda muggy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FebruaryAir View Post
Portland, Oregon. The summer can be kinda muggy but it's not very hot compared to most other places.
We lived a few years in Portland, OR and I can remember any "kinda muggy" weather in the Portland. Summer is the dry season, and not to hot and very low humidity.

Old 12-19-2016, 05:27 PM

130 posts, read 213,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieLaJ View Post
Im still digging up more info on it but Pensacola Florida is looking good.....I think a lot of people forget about that little area known as the Florida Panhandle. Im going to really dig around this area more (when i have more time). Some areas are very affordable, the weather looks good, its close to the water so the humidity in a lot of towns shouldnt be too bad at all. I lived in Hollywood Florida many years ago and we were very close to the water and so the humidity wasnt so bad. My honeymoon was in Kissimmee Florida. We went to Orlando area for some of the major attractions and the humidity was unbearable! (for us anyhow). One day we went to Bush Gardens and I just kept saying "they should have little outdoor showers throughout this place!" I was miserable and this was in May, I can even imagine July and August! Ugh! But the Panhandle is looking good....Ill update as ?I find more info but you should really check it out, its looking really good so far!

I would love to hear your update on your panhandle research.

Old 12-20-2016, 01:35 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
Well if you think NE is humid, stay away from NY! From what I hear NE humidity is usually no higher than 50% or so whereas in NY 90% and higher is common.
What are you talking about? Nebraska summers are hotter and slight more uncomfortably humid than NYC.

Omaha, Nebraska: https://weatherspark.com/averages/31...-United-States

NYC, New York: https://weatherspark.com/averages/30...-United-States

Old 06-02-2017, 03:40 PM

1 posts, read 2,731 times
I have found several towns that seem to have mild winters and slightly warm summers. This area is west of Roswell in Ruidoso (6,729'), Alto (7,300') and Cloudcroft (8,600'), NM. Check these places out when in New Mexico.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.