Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 11:35 AM

2,787 posts, read 11,496,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueva View Post
And good enough for me too!
And yet 56 minutes after you say this you make this thread...
//www.city-data.com/forum/gener...e-map-usa.html
It's obviously not good enough for you.

Old 09-20-2008, 04:08 PM

7,731 posts, read 13,424,908 times
Northern

Old 09-20-2008, 05:14 PM

21,615 posts, read 31,180,666 times
The Northeast is Philly to Boston - Those DC "wannabe Northerners" crack me up. The way of life (and pace of life) is completely different. DC doesn't have any of that northern grittiness that's found in Philly, New York, New Haven, Boston, Hartford etc.

MD and DE are definitely southern in nature - but Baltimore does have a lot of Northern characteristics I will admit.

Old 09-20-2008, 05:40 PM

395 posts, read 523,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
The Northeast is Philly to Boston - Those DC "wannabe Northerners" crack me up. The way of life (and pace of life) is completely different. DC doesn't have any of that northern grittiness that's found in Philly, New York, New Haven, Boston, Hartford etc.

MD and DE are definitely southern in nature - but Baltimore does have a lot of Northern characteristics I will admit.
Exactly!

The people on these boards trying soooo hard to lump DC in with the North and doing everything they can to push it further north than it is, because they cant accept it was once and still is (to a degree) a Southern city.

And they cant accept that. People move to NOVA and cant accept Virginia is a truly Southern state. So they put up a fight aboot it.

Old 09-20-2008, 05:52 PM

20,512 posts, read 33,513,431 times
Quote:
Hardly anyone in the South would consider Maryland or DC the south. They definitely will not consider DE the south. DC doesn't have the northern grittiness like in Philly, New York, New Haven, etc.? Are you talking about the District of Columbia. Basically, if you was to ask most people up here what region they are in, they will tell you mid-atlantic.

Old 09-20-2008, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Hardly anyone in the South would consider Maryland or DC the south. They definitely will not consider DE the south. DC doesn't have the northern grittiness like in Philly, New York, New Haven, etc.? Are you talking about the District of Columbia. Basically, if you was to ask most people up here what region they are in, they will tell you mid-atlantic.
The Mid-Atlantic is not the Northeast, though.

Old 09-20-2008, 05:57 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,042,151 times
Quote:
The Mid-Atlantic is not the Northeast, though.
yes it is.

Old 09-20-2008, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
yes it is.
No, it isnt. By defintion the middle of something is not the North. Its not the Deep South either. But its not the Northeast. Im beggining to wonder if you're just trying to be contrary.

Old 09-20-2008, 06:07 PM

21,615 posts, read 31,180,666 times
Quote:
No, it isnt. By defintion the middle of something is not the North. Its not the Deep South either. But its not the Northeast. Im beggining to wonder if you're just trying to be contrary.
Agreed, even though your agenda annoys me just a bit.

Ask anyone in the *true* north. DC usually is not considered that. Maybe some up north would disagree, but anyone I've spoken to would laugh if NoVA/DC/MD were considered the Northeast.

Just because it has a high population density and traffic, does not mean it's part of the northeast. No way, no how.

Old 09-20-2008, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Agreed, even though your agenda annoys me just a bit.

Ask anyone in the *true* north. DC usually is not considered that. Maybe some up north would disagree, but anyone I've spoken to would laugh if NoVA/DC/MD were considered the Northeast.

Just because it has a high population density and traffic, does not mean it's part of the northeast. No way, no how.
Amen! And Ill end with that on this subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.