Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 04:09 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,502,395 times

Advertisements

Well, my parents have a home in Jenkintown, PA (right outside of Philly)... But it's hardly a "vacation home" compared to the ideal one in the FL Keys or something.

I'd buy a condo in Miami Beach... Like this...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2008, 04:21 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,142,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekitor View Post
So what cities or places in the USA will you want to have two homes. I will live full time in Manhattan, Upper West Side Or upper East side apartment and have a second home somewhere in San Francisco.Probably in Russian Hill or Nob Hill.
I put my primary home smack in the middle of about 1500 acres of untouched wilderness somewhere in SW MO or NW AR. My secondary home would be in Key West, cause I love Florida and the beach.

20yrsinBranson

Old 12-03-2008, 04:44 PM

1,025 posts, read 1,753,233 times
Primary: home overlooking the ocean in La Jolla, CA
Secondary: urban townhome in Alexandria, VA near the Metro

Old 12-03-2008, 09:22 PM

305 posts, read 991,924 times
I would live in Minnesota no matter what however a home by the great Mississippi would be nice. I love winter and hate summer so I am right where I will always wanna be. The question is what bank can I rob to get rich?

Old 12-03-2008, 10:01 PM

6,353 posts, read 11,596,358 times
Well my primary home would be in Knoxville 'cause that's where my friends are.

Secondary home would be in Charleston SC because it is a beautiful town and Folly beach is the best beach ever.

Since my primary home is paid for I'm going to cheat and pick a third home in the Smoky mountains beside a rushing stream with rhododendrons and mountain laurel.

Hmmm .... well I have a lawn chair and can go sit by that creek just about whenever I want. That's where I was today as a mater of fact.

I can afford a room in Charleston a few nights a year and can stroll around soaking in the ambience until my feet hurt.

Guess I must already be rich!

Old 12-04-2008, 02:58 PM

50 posts, read 140,104 times
Chicago penthouse is all I need. If I want to go to Florida I would stay in a nice hotel. I don't see how liking a city necessitates an entire home there. I could but don't want to.

Old 12-04-2008, 09:41 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,353,738 times
Primary: A mansion at the top of the Santa Monica Mountains like in the Hollywood Hills or BH or Bel Aire. That way I would have views of the basin and the valley.

Secondary: Tough decision.
  1. In Greenwich Village, SoHo, or someplace similar in NYC
  2. A mansion on an island in Biscayne Bay like Star Island or a Miami Beach penthouse
  3. Honolulu penthouse
  4. Classic home in Russian Hill neighborhood of SF

Old 12-04-2008, 09:52 PM

122 posts, read 168,806 times
Super-rich? My primary residence would be an oceanfront mansion on Miami Beach...with secondary condos in Manhattan and San Francisco. One can dream...

Old 12-04-2008, 09:58 PM

115 posts, read 174,821 times
Townhouse in Manhattan or in a nice neighborhood in Brooklyn for primary home and some apartment or a nice house in Portland, Oregon. Excitement in NYC, and a lot of outdoor stuff around Portland. Just perfect for me.
--
PORTLAND DOESNT HAVE EXCITEMENT?
--
The ones who want to have homes in the forests of southern cali and the islands of southern florida are fools who dont deserve to be rich! southern cali: forest fires EVERY YEAR
Southern florida islands: Hurricane threat EVERY YEAR.
--

Old 12-05-2008, 12:17 AM

6,563 posts, read 12,057,994 times
Primary: Penthouse in Manhatten

Secondary: Beach house in Malibu

Others: High-rise in Downtown Seattle, high-rise in Midtown Atlanta, mountain house in the GA Blue Ridge, Mountain house in Colorado. This is breaking the rules, but I'd also have a house in Japan, Australia, Switzerland, France, and Italy if I could afford them all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.