Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 09:40 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,398,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_chavo View Post
ok so i dont want to call you an idiot so ill call you a mis informed member of scociety i can see that you have never owned a pit bull nor do you know any one who does because if you knew the nature of most pit bulls you wouldent be having that opinion ok so i have four pit bulls all four love my children id trust my pitbulls with my childre before id trust my friends my pit bulls sleep with my children in there beds and on the floor near there beds one of them even sleeps with me and my wife xcep on ocasion she has to sleep on the couch you know what im talkin about any way they are good natured and see me as BOSS DOGG i just added my fourth to the pack and she took to the rest like they were from the same litter take in mind that they are all unaltered females i do not have a male and there ages are one year, three years, two months and the newst one is eleven months so no one can say that all pit bulls attack other dogs other wise i would be dealing with fights on a dayly but i dont and thats because i a strong owner and i treat my pits like my kids i mean do the reasearch get to know a few pit bulls and i garentee that youll love them as much as i do
Why do some people insist on NOT using punctuation?!?!?!?!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2009, 09:58 AM

9,173 posts, read 13,256,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
While there are a lot of dog bits (far more than you imagine) the vast majority of them are minor and a lot of them are caused by small dogs (they can be aggressive little s--ts). If you look up statistics on fatal dog attacks, the odds are about the same of dying from a lightening strike. And if you look up fatal pit bull attacks, you'll find that the CDC even mentions in those statistics that the number of fatal dog attacks caused by pit bulls is almost certainly over-estimated because people often confuse large muscular dogs with broad faces for pit bulls.

Any decent sized dog can kill or seriously injure someone. And ANY breed of dog can carry rabies. I'm not a big fan of pit bulls, but breed banning is pretty f--king stupid.
Why?

Old 02-01-2009, 10:58 PM

3,728 posts, read 4,871,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Why?
Makes no sense to ban a breed where the vast majority of the dogs are not vicious and even the amount fatal dog attacks by any breed are comparable to the amount of people killed by lightening.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:48 AM

2,716 posts, read 6,897,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Why do some people insist on NOT using punctuation?!?!?!?!

Cuz he's the King...

Old 02-02-2009, 09:00 AM

694 posts, read 2,652,511 times
Put em down and I'll be glad to help.
I rather put down a thousand good dogs
than let one more child get maimed.

Old 02-02-2009, 09:10 AM

694 posts, read 2,652,511 times
Quote:
Now on the other hand if someone has a pitbull, chow, schnauzer, chiahuahua, or whatever and it's roaming freely as many do in the country, and small towns and that dog wonders on my property, or even into a public place in an agressive manner it's undboutedly going to be put down in it's tracks
I absolutely 100 % agree ! When I had small ranch in Cali
we lost a sheep to a neighbors pit mutt. When he and the county
did nothing my snake charmer did. While I believe dog fighting
is retarded and just plain mean, I have zero tolerance for
any animal four or two legged that is a threat to my family.
( yeah lots of us are pro gun up here )

Old 02-20-2009, 10:23 PM

13 posts, read 29,925 times
TO DEACON J

I wasn't going to read through 11 pages to see if someone told you this but.....
I did read that website about that women. If you failed to notice... they got their dogs from a gang that was known for dog fights!
lets think about this.

God forbid if these dog fighter idiots get ahold of the mastiff breeds!

Those idiots will get a hold of ANY dog and ruin the breed for the rest of us responsible dog owners!!!!!!!!!

PUNISH THE DEED...NOT THE BREED!!!!!

-MASTIF MOM-

Old 02-21-2009, 12:20 AM

527 posts, read 1,282,254 times
It isn't the dog's fault. There are NO bad dogs. Just BAD owners. A lot of Pitbulls have had horrible pasts because of the way they were raised.

I don't understand why people can't see that. :/

Old 02-21-2009, 06:16 AM

3,631 posts, read 10,237,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danco View Post
Put em down and I'll be glad to help.
I rather put down a thousand good dogs
than let one more child get maimed.
wow, you'd rather kill 1,000 dogs rather than see another kid, who is usually doing something to annoy the dog or is not being supervised, get maimed.

wow.

people need to treat their dogs well and teach them how to socialize with kids and other people.
people also need to teach their KIDS how to deal with DOGS.

i recently met a pit bull that was the sweetest, goofiest dog i've ever met. she instantly laid down next to me and took a nap. she also has a 5 year old "brother" that she has never done anything to.

do you want to put her down because she "might" do something?

Old 03-29-2009, 07:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,575 times
Angry All of you heartless people out there

listen up here, parden my language, but im talking to all of you ****ing dumbass kids, men, women, and parents out there. you think banning the pit bull is a 100% good idea no matter if it was a puppy or a full grown dog? what about if some random person came and look your baby or your child away from you. see most of you people dont get the picture here. have you ever heard of other dogs biting and attacking humans and their owners? no, becuase the media doesnt show or even talk about it. the pit has such a bad rep Only becuase of the way it was raised. there are so many other dog bites and attacks out there besides the pit bull but no one seems to care or even get into any of them unless their pit. and i right? think about it for once. its kinda like how you raise your son. you beat on him while hes growing up whats he going to do? he gets involved with the wrong crowd or drugs? hows he gonna act. raising an animal is so simular to raising a child. its not the ****ing pit bull itself thats ****ing mean its the damn owners that neglect it and raise it wrong in harsh and bad ways. i mean you look at all the videos online or on the news about pit bull attacks. what tha **** would you do and how tha **** would you feel if you were brought into this world raise and beaten and neglected and tought only to fight by their masters. do you have any idea how hard that is on a ****ing dog?? have you ever looked into their eyes and wondered what he is thinking? maybe their crying inside needing the life they were never raised. lemme tell you. you raise a dog in that kind of environment its going to act violent and viscous becuase its only brought out to fight and never sees and good in its life, its always feared the most. its not tha ****ing breed people. ive been around so many pit bulls in my life and to tell you the truth I have Never in person seen a put bull attack any body or snap or, grawl in a violent way. you know just like ANY other dog out there, its how you raise it. raise it the right way, just like you raise your ****ing nerd ass child how to respect people, do his homework and obey everything you say. they turn out to be so opposite of what everyone has say about them. listen up omaha/all you pit bull haters out there. think about it, think about how youd feel and what you would do if some random person took something that shows so much love and affection tords you away. its horrible. i think we need to clean up the war on the streets and maybe these dogs wouldnt act so cruel if we brought in tha crimals behind bars. why try to ban pit bulls? we need to act more on gang violence and crime more than anything right now. what we need to do is ban tha guns out there. doesnt even cross my mind any day that a random dog is going to attack me especially a pit bull. i have more fear of someone robing me than i do with a dog attacking me. who gives a **** about a dumbass law against a dog, its rediculous maybe omaha and tha LAW enforcement should get off their asses and try to clean up tha streets for once instead of worrying about the least of whats bad. peace tha **** out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.