Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 11:47 AM

1,591 posts, read 3,428,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWereRabbit View Post
If it's legalized in California it won't be long until other states follow suit. So you can probably hang tight in Philly and see what your options are in a few years.
I bet it will be a while before legalization reaches Philly. After CA, the next states mostly like will be OR, WA, maybe MT.

And yeah, I'll come visit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2010, 11:48 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,404,910 times
Just what California needs... more dope-smokin' hippies and gangstas.

Let the decline continue!!!

Old 03-27-2010, 11:51 AM

698 posts, read 1,510,251 times
No but I will definitely take many visits and spend my money in California. Marijuana is the largest cash crop in the entire world and California will reap the benefits if voted to be legalized.

Old 03-27-2010, 11:59 AM

698 posts, read 1,510,251 times
Actually on second thought I am against Marijuana legalization in California. It would give unnecessary freedoms to the people and move us farther away from a police state. It would also force cops to go after real criminals which nobody wants. Instead our police force needs to focus on cereal eating stoners. These stoners could destroy the fabric of our society. Instead these stoners should take prescription meds and drink liquor because since its already legal it must be healthier.

America the land of the stiffs and prudes.

Old 03-27-2010, 12:10 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,404,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyHolliday! View Post
Actually on second thought I am against Marijuana legalization in California. It would give unnecessary freedoms to the people and move us farther away from a police state. It would also force cops to go after real criminals which nobody wants. Instead our police force needs to focus on cereal eating stoners. These stoners could destroy the fabric of our society. Instead these stoners should take prescription meds and drink liquor because since its already legal it must be healthier.

You think Californians cant drive for crap now? Imagine their motorways full of stoned idiots!

Old 03-27-2010, 12:37 PM

305 posts, read 771,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Just what California needs... more dope-smokin' hippies and gangstas.

Let the decline continue!!!
You're saying that society is declining because people are trying to end an unjust ban on cannabis that was instituted by rich, racist entrepreneurs and lawmakers?

Yeah, that's some 'decline'.

Harry Anslinger:

Quote:
“There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the US, and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos, and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz, and swing, result from marijuana use. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers, and any others.”

“…the primary reason to outlaw marijuana is its effect on the degenerate races.”

“Marijuana is an addictive drug which produces in its users insanity, criminality, and death.”

“Reefer makes darkies think they’re as good as white men.”

“Marihuana leads to pacifism and communist brainwashing”

“You smoke a joint and you’re likely to kill your brother.”

“Marijuana is the most violence-causing drug in the history of mankind.”
And a bit on William Hearst and Pierre DuPont:

Quote:
Hemp can be used to make virtually anything that is currently made of cotton, timber, or petroleum. George Washington and Thomas Jefferson both grew hemp. Ben Franklin owned a mill that made hemp paper. Thomas Jefferson drafted the Declaration of Independence on hemp paper. Until 1883, more than 75% of the world's paper was made with hemp fiber. In 1937 Popular Science magazine called hemp "The New Billion Dollar Crop." Then the big money people struck out to protect their interests. Newspaper publisher William Randolph Hearst led the crusade to ban hemp. Hearst owned millions of acres of prime timber land and a machine that simplified the process of making paper from hemp had just been invented. Hearst used his power as a publisher to create public panic about the evils of hemp and marijuana. Another big money player Pierre DuPont held patent rights to the sulfuric acid wood pulp paper process. In 1937 DuPont patented nylon rope made from synthetic petrochemicals. The big money people prevailed and near the end of 1937 Congress passed the Marijuana Tax Act. By placing a prohibitively high tax on hemp production it destroyed the industry.
By voting yes on the initiative, we are doing what is right and letting the ideologies of the men who created this heinous crusade against a harmless, beneficial plant go to join their creators in the dirt.

Old 03-27-2010, 12:39 PM

4 posts, read 13,424 times
yes, i will move here..
Mission Viejo, California (CA) Ratings, Reviews, & Information | Rate my Community (http://www.ratemycommunity.com/rate-page.php?state=California&city=Mission%20Viejo - broken link)

or maybe even here

San Diego, California (CA) Ratings, Reviews, & Information | Rate my Community (http://www.ratemycommunity.com/rate-page.php?state=California&city=San%20Diego - broken link)

but san diego is exensive

Old 03-27-2010, 12:40 PM

305 posts, read 771,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jufrbo View Post
Don't worry I don't plan on moving. I wasn't even aware weed was illegal, oops.
I'm sorry, that was directed to the OP.

Old 03-27-2010, 02:17 PM

9,173 posts, read 13,259,290 times
I guess you cannot blame drug addicts for moving to California if they legalize. But its still hard to believe that other people would move across the country to California for this reason alone, unless they are real libertarians.

Old 03-27-2010, 03:19 PM

1,213 posts, read 3,609,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyHolliday! View Post

Amen! You gotta love America don't ya!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.