Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2007, 12:55 AM

1 posts, read 10,849 times

Advertisements

But I can tell you the worse place to live in GA. CLAYTON COUNTY!!!! And it's not just because the schools suck and the crime is high. To tell you the truth I think a lot of those issues can be taken care of at home first. But the real reason Clayton County is going to **** is because of the Boss Hogg Mentality of the higher ups. These corrupted, ego maniacs feel they have the right to control you every move. Telling you how loud you can have your, factory radio, in your car, how to dress, how to live. There is no true freedom in Clayton county for the working class.

If your plans are to simply try and eek out some low level of ewxistance and get stuck in a county where you wont be able to sell your house becasue of the declining condition of the local govt, Then ClayCo is the place for you. But if you have a desire to be an entrepeneur or a successfull family person then you can do much better than ClayCo. Make money off of the county just don't live there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2007, 07:41 PM

8 posts, read 49,633 times
You say that there are other schools in Chatam County that you don't care for, what about the elementary schools in Pooler? Pooler and West Chatam, right? My husband and I have been reserching the area and are looking in Pooler. I heard from elsewhere as well that Effingham schools are good, what do you think about Pooler?

Old 09-09-2007, 06:40 AM

145 posts, read 338,606 times
Default suwanee's great

I have lived in Suwanee for 8 yrs and always knew it was fabulous...now it's been voted #10 on the best places to live list. Great schools, convienient to everything, mild weather. I love it here. The allergies are bad here though. I can't believe it wasn't mentioned in all 18 pages of replies.

Old 09-09-2007, 08:20 AM

726 posts, read 3,602,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leewy23 View Post
You say that there are other schools in Chatam County that you don't care for, what about the elementary schools in Pooler? Pooler and West Chatam, right? My husband and I have been reserching the area and are looking in Pooler. I heard from elsewhere as well that Effingham schools are good, what do you think about Pooler?
Effingham schools are good, if race is important to you.
County lags state, nation in SAT scores | SavannahNow.com
Effingham County's 2007 high school seniors underperformed the Class of 2006 on the SAT test and also fell behind state and national averages.

West Chatham, Pooler, and Bloomingdale Elementary are acceptable
Pooler Elementary School, Pooler, Georgia (http://www.sccpss.com/schools/Elementary+Schools/Pooler+Elementary/ - broken link)
Savannah-Chatham County Public Schools
for Middle School Oglethorpe Charter School
Welcome - Oglethorpe Charter School
High School Savannah Arts Academy

Bloomingdale Elementary is an Arts Magnet
My youngest go there
Savannah-Chatham County Public Schools
Savannah Arts Academy
My eldest 2 go there
25 Georgia Schools of Excellence
http://public.doe.k12.ga.us/pea_comm...ode=1&obj=1359 (broken link)
25 Georgia schools with the highest SAT scores.
http://public.doe.k12.ga.us/DMGetDoc...79E2223&Type=D (broken link)

or Be Part of the School of the Future and live any where
The Georgia Virtual Academy is excited to be opening statewide for the 2007-2008 school year.

Georgia Virtual Academy

Old 09-09-2007, 11:39 PM

11 posts, read 53,831 times
Sierra Vista, AZ is a military retirees haven according to my uncle. It does have a nice mix of everything good & not much bad.

Old 09-09-2007, 11:50 PM

11 posts, read 53,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3t2smart View Post
So where did you choose to live? We are military and looking for a good place to retire, not to mention we will only be in our early 40s.
If you're open to Arizona, ck out Sierra Vista (SE corner), a military retirees' haven according to my uncle. Diverse, clean, no/low crime, low taxes, etc. It apparently has a nice mix of everything good & not much bad.

Old 09-10-2007, 03:24 PM
GP2

81 posts, read 999,658 times
5 worst
Macon
Macon
East Macon
Macon
Macon

Old 09-10-2007, 03:56 PM

511 posts, read 2,476,936 times
Macon is a great city, and im sure im not the only one who thinks that Macon is great and im sure there is someonelse who thinks like the fellow user above, anywayz I havent made my selctions on here and would like to sense it is a very popular post, and would like to get some reaction from other users.

The Five Best
Macon, Georgia
Pooler, Georgia
Henry County, Georgia
Port Wentworth, Georgia
Perry, Georgia

The Five Worst
Warner Robins, Georgia
The Atlanta Traffic (which really isnt a place to live, but its very aggonizing, and tiring, however the city is great)
Albany, Georgia
August, Georgia
Centerville, Georgia

Old 09-10-2007, 05:42 PM

726 posts, read 3,602,870 times
Port Wentworth

Letters to the editor | SavannahNow.com

Old 09-10-2007, 06:54 PM

511 posts, read 2,476,936 times
Port Wentworth is great, its primarily the suburbs of Savannah that are just breathtaking, the city could really thrive especially with the trffic that I-95 recieves. I just love both Pooler, and Port Wentworth, which should really be two cities, but it doesnt matter there both terrific.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia