Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2007, 07:49 PM

Location: West Augusta, GA, ATL, MIAMI, TAMPA, LA, HOUSTON, D.C.
88 posts, read 123,792 times

Advertisements

FIVE BEST
AUGUSTA, GA
ATLANTA, GA
SAVANNAH, GA
Dalton, GA
Athens, GA

FIVE WORST
Macon, GA
Columbus, GA
Albany, GA
Millegeville, GA
Brunswick, GA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2007, 10:34 PM

2 posts, read 12,748 times
Originally moved to the Atlanta from Ohio 5 years ago. If you are liberal-minded, it is going to take some time to adjust to this region of the country. It is nice living here if you appreciate the South. I have learned to love living in a community with a deep sense of history and one that is trying to better itself. Not many people are from here so don't be put off by postings that you see here that mention high crime and bad people. Bad people and crime are everywhere you go. Coming from NY, Im sure you understand what crime is and have been exposed to many different cultures, races etc. Good luck with your move.

Old 09-10-2007, 10:37 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,033,429 times
ARe you kidding?? YOu rank Augusta and Dalton as 5 of the best and Milledgeville (one of Georgia's most charming small cities) and Columbus (a growing city with a progresive government) as 5 of the worst?. THat really shows how far off in the land of denial you are.

Old 09-10-2007, 10:44 PM

2 posts, read 12,748 times
Peachtree City. Beautiful and great community feel.

Old 09-12-2007, 09:06 PM

63 posts, read 223,209 times
We are moving to Griffin in a couple of weeks, when they talk about other area schools can you choose and which ones can you choose

Old 09-13-2007, 01:47 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,033,429 times
I think it's a bit unfair to compare smaller towns with the metro areas..
But I would rank the worst places in Georgia to live (as far as metro areas with over 100,000) as a tie between Augusta and Albany.

Old 09-13-2007, 02:37 PM

5 posts, read 32,790 times
Default newnan: summergrove OR avery park for families?

I am looking into these neighborhoods as they have a family feel to them....want to be able to ride bikes or even walk to playgrounds/pool/tennis and stay in schools that are rated high in test scores....so what do you think?

Old 09-16-2007, 12:17 PM

3 posts, read 12,107 times
Good places to research if you may be working in or commuting to Atlanta often.
Peachtree City or Northern Fayette County, Newnan, East Cobb County.

Old 09-17-2007, 06:59 AM

2 posts, read 10,241 times
Best places to live in GA: NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The smog is disgusting. Thursdays and Fridays are the worst. You can start breathing without distress around Sunday mid day, then the smog begins again with the work week. It's the worst place to live if you have children w/ asthma. The crime is growing leaps and bounds because of the poverty. Law enforcement cannot keep up with the criminals. Governmental bodies cannot function. There is very little sense of community because the towns just blend together. I cannot say enough. I feel like I barely got out alive. I lived there 3 years, which was too long. My job required me to cover the top 2/3 of Georgia and be very involved in the court system, so I know what I'm talking about.

Worst places to live in GA: ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-17-2007, 07:56 AM

483 posts, read 2,093,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moved OUT of GA View Post
Best places to live in GA: NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The smog is disgusting. Thursdays and Fridays are the worst. You can start breathing without distress around Sunday mid day, then the smog begins again with the work week. It's the worst place to live if you have children w/ asthma. The crime is growing leaps and bounds because of the poverty. Law enforcement cannot keep up with the criminals. Governmental bodies cannot function. There is very little sense of community because the towns just blend together. I cannot say enough. I feel like I barely got out alive. I lived there 3 years, which was too long. My job required me to cover the top 2/3 of Georgia and be very involved in the court system, so I know what I'm talking about.

Worst places to live in GA: ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good for you. We'll be looking for your report on what a wonderful place you now live in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia